Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 336869 times)

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #1515 on: September 17, 2009, 08:50:02 pm »
Awesome! I wish to make frosting but I fear we do not have enough powdered sugar.
Perhaps this, but coloured like a sun: http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/09/chocolate-pudding-pie/

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: September 17, 2009, 09:44:44 pm »
This almost went into the Frustrations thread.

So things are moving very quickly with my band. We have a big benefit show that about 20 local bands are all playing. It's sponsored by a multi-city radio station, our name was on the radio ads that play all day, it's on the posters, and it's on the t-shirts they made.

About three weeks ago, my drummer asked for our schedule. We needed to know what time we were playing because we're not making money off our music yet and we have to plan around work. No word for three weeks and I told my job I could work in the morning, effectively making me busy til 2:30pm this upcoming Saturday. Well, as it turns out, Murphy's Law takes effect rather quickly.

I got a call yesterday saying we have to be there Saturday by 11am and we play at 12:30. It starts at 12. I told the planner guy about my situation and he said he'd have to drop us, but would give me a call if something happened.

Well, the reason I'm not posting in the Frustrations thread is that I got another call from him today saying four other bands dropped out and we can play after I get off work.

Hey Murphy, I broke your law!

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: September 18, 2009, 12:06:32 am »
I love it that my French professor had a wonderful slideshow today.

We were supposed to look at pictures and describe them.  Eg. a picture of a group of kids in coats would be "They're cold".

So it's all pictures of kids and kittens when holy fuck is that RON JEREMY!?  That IS Ron Jeremy!  What the hell is he doing on this slideshow!  And how am I going to describe Ron Jeremy??

I started laughing, and no one else did.  ??????  I thought I might be going crazy, so I asked the prof if that was Ron Jeremy.  She said yes, then asked the class how they would describe the picture.  They came up with "He looks nice."  WHAT?!

Seriously, WTF???

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: September 18, 2009, 12:36:55 am »
Funny profs are the best.  Especially the experts in non-sequitur or absurd humor.

After handing back exams today, my one prof was talking about what to do and not to do on his exams, because most of the class did not do so well.  His final instructions to the class were, "You can do many things on these exams, but what you can not do is put my exam in a microwave."

The entire class was silent, dumbfounded, until one student asked in earnest, "Why would you want to put an exam in the microwave?"  Then a lot of people cracked up, myself included.

(His reply to the student was: "Just, do not put my exam in a microwave.")

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #1519 on: September 18, 2009, 02:59:17 am »
But I suspect what you were really asking about is whether there will be a festive cake, and the answer is MUCH YES!

Well, that's what I wanted to know, anyway.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: September 18, 2009, 03:22:24 am »
You haven't lived till you have supped upon my Equinox Pie!

(I know I mentioned cake previously, rather than pie, but the thing is that Equinox Pie is also cake.)

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1521 on: September 18, 2009, 03:24:35 am »
I dislike pie (send in the hate mail!).
Although, there are a few kind of pie that I absolutely love: Chocolate pie, boston cream pie, pizza pie, shepherd's pie, cheeseburger pie, and that chocolate pudding pie.

I also LOVE the sand I painted for that Color Theory II mural a couple quarters ago! Can't remember if I've posted a picture of the final thing here yet. Might have to take a trip to the library to take a new photo.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 03:26:52 am by Zephira »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: September 18, 2009, 03:27:47 am »
See, I tend to go in a different direction. I prefer to get my chocolate and cream fix in the form of cake. For pie, I like pumpkin, apple, cherry...peach...that sort of thing. Oh, and chicken pot! Hellz yeah!  :franky

It's hard to beat a cold slice of Costco pumpkin pie doused in whipped cream, unless it's by a hot slice of homemade cherry pie at Thanksgiving, served with spicy vanilla ice cream and a shot of whiskey.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1523 on: September 18, 2009, 03:30:48 am »
I can make a mean apple pie, and I like eating the apple/cinnamon/sugar/flour mix out of the bowl before it goes in the pie, but I really don't like its consistency when cooked.
I forgot about chicken pot pie, but that doesn't turn out as well as hamburger pie. Ground beef and cheese galore!

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: September 18, 2009, 10:26:49 am »
(I know I mentioned cake previously, rather than pie, but the thing is that Equinox Pie is also cake.)

The best desserts cross racial boundaries, so I would have expected nothing less from your concoctions.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #1525 on: September 18, 2009, 03:52:15 pm »
Speaking of which, there is a bakery near me that produces a cookie that has a flaky, croissant like texture. I have dubbed in the croissookie. It's quite good.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1526 on: September 18, 2009, 05:02:23 pm »
Holy fuck I love Starcraft II's galaxy editor. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfEtG53bnkU&feature=youtube_gdata You can make a third person shooter! Custom UI! Custom models! This is going to be the best fucking RTS ever :kz

MsBlack

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: September 18, 2009, 06:27:35 pm »
I love Kanye West's style. 'It's hard being the voice of a generation.', 'I'm a musical wordsmith.', 'I'm a musical genius.' The world would be a much duller place without Kanye West. (Although it's fortunate that there's only one because he's still an ass and the novelty of his occasional 'incidents' would wear off if there were more of him.)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #1528 on: September 18, 2009, 06:41:11 pm »
I love Kanye West's style. 'It's hard being the voice of a generation.', 'I'm a musical wordsmith.', 'I'm a musical genius.' The world would be a much duller place without Kanye West. (Although it's fortunate that there's only one because he's still an ass and the novelty of his occasional 'incidents' would wear off if there were more of him.)

Yeah, that new meme is gold.

IMMA LET YOU FINISH

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1529 on: September 18, 2009, 06:45:13 pm »
You know what would be really great? get ahold of Starcraft II's galaxy editor, import the Chrono Cross models, put it in third person like that Ghost shooter, and add a custom UI to make it an adventure game. You could give Magus Psionic Storm, the Zerlings could be Lavos Spawns, The Epoch could be a Carrier..
This must be done.

Also I love ramen with lots of egg and cheese.
And holy fuck do I love Starcraft.