Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 328688 times)

kingpingu30

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Cos I am the actual king of the pingus.
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #1500 on: September 11, 2009, 09:05:16 pm »
I really like to do my own thing every once in a while, just to get away from the noise of everything. I like a bit of peace. not that you ever get it that much, but whatever quiet time i get, I use to chill and reflect on a day/week. It really helps me calm down after a fairly hectic day where you get ridiculed for existing... Not that I care about the comments themselves, but it just makes me feel how pathetic people really are.... And weirdly, that makes me a little angry at society. But A nice, quiet time is really helpful for me.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: September 12, 2009, 06:14:01 pm »
I love Mark Mothersbaugh and the soundtrack to Wes Anderson's Bottle Rocket. The soundtrack makes me so happy...

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: September 15, 2009, 01:41:33 am »
I love weirding people out by singing the famous song "Seventy-Six Trombones" as "One Hundred Seventy-Six Trombones."

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: September 15, 2009, 03:20:05 am »
Harrbummhmmmph.

At 9:30 got an audition for a national verizon commercial (maybe those bastards can fix my service...) tomorrow at 4:45.  Only hitch is I teach a class that gets out at 4:30, so I need a sub (possible) or I somehow need to push my audition back and pray I get across Hollyweird in rush hour in eough time (less possible).

Come to think of it, this kinda seems like a frustration.  But it's a good problem, and I wanna destroy this audition, despite not knowing anything about it except when and where it is.  Won't be able to be solved until morning.  Here's to trying to sleep....

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1504 on: September 15, 2009, 01:56:51 pm »

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: September 15, 2009, 05:52:02 pm »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: September 15, 2009, 05:54:07 pm »
I am still sick, but feeling significantly better!! I can drink a whole glass of water at one time, again.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1507 on: September 15, 2009, 06:01:23 pm »
Yes! Lord J isn't dead!
I love the immune system :D

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: September 16, 2009, 02:10:57 pm »
Back in undergrad, I took a class called "Seminar with an Outstanding Professor." Basically, it was a way for well-liked professors to give a class on a topic of their choice. This professor was teaching on Science Fiction. We wrote our own science fiction stories, studied various concepts, etc, but the best part of it was the wide exposure it gave us to the genre.

I thought I had been relatively real read in that topic before I took the class, but I just had no idea how much was out there (I thought a lot of things that weren't true back then). The class had us read a huge variety of sci-fi books, including Childhood's End and Gate to Women's Country, and in particular a single book of collected Sci-Fi stories categorized by decade, with each section placing the story in context of historical developments. That single book (which is unfortunately packed away somewhere and I can't remember the name of it) is one of the single greatest resources I collected during college.

So... um... I love learning about Science Fiction in the morning. It smells like victory.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: September 17, 2009, 10:57:43 am »
Rock and Roll.

It isn't an unusually good genre of music, but the mystic that surrounds it is so delicious. It has become a metaphor for particular human qualities in a way that only classical music has really done before (and even then, not to the same extent). Rock and Roll isn't just music anymore; it is a standard to which we might rally. It is freedom, it is rebellion, one might even say that it is of the same essence as the spirit of independence that America likes to claim it embodies.

As a tertiary to this, I also love the group, Superchick. They’re a little more pop-rocky than rock and roll (and my tastes tend to turn towards metal anywho), but lately I’ve been digging several songs from their latest album (Rock What You Got, 2008), “One More,” “Alive,” and “Rock What You Got” in particular. "One More" in particular seems to nicely embody the Springtime of Youth spirit.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: September 17, 2009, 05:54:42 pm »
I love equinoxes, and we're about due for one. (Don't tell the equinoxes, but I love solstices even more...) I also love that, with the approach of autumn comes the demise of hot summer temperatures. But most of all I love music.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: September 17, 2009, 06:07:33 pm »
I love camels.  They're so cute.  I don't care what anyone else says.
I love the French Revolution.  It's my little personal area of study.
I love the polar regions.
I love being cold (so AMEN to the end of high temperatures).
I love Vicks.  I swear, it's a cure-all.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1512 on: September 17, 2009, 06:38:34 pm »
I also love that, with the approach of autumn comes the demise of hot summer temperatures.
I love being cold (so AMEN to the end of high temperatures).
I love that I'm not the only one who loves the end of summer :lol:
I can't wait to get  back into my big wool coat and take a walk in the snow. And I'm especially glad to see the end of days so hot I can't go upstairs!
The best thing about winter is settling down next to the fireplace on a dark night, enjoying a steaming hot bowl of ramen with eggs and cheese. The dinner of champions!
This winter will also mark my first whole year at the Compendium!
Also, I love that Magus/Marle sleepy drawing in the oekaki.

Equinox, huh? Is there something special we should be looking out for?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 06:51:02 pm by Zephira »

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #1513 on: September 17, 2009, 08:25:12 pm »
Apparently Snoop Dogg's real name is Cordozor Calvin-Broadus. That has got to be one of the most awesome names in the history of the world.

I was gonna name my first born son Atticus(after the To Kill a Mockingbird character) or Cervantes(after the writer, not the Soul Calibur character), but I think Cordozor just just more awesome.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: September 17, 2009, 08:44:12 pm »
Equinox, huh? Is there something special we should be looking out for?

Well, it's one one of just two days of the year when the sun will rise due east and set due west. It's also one of just two days of the year where there will be almost exactly twelve hours of daylight--or at least it would be were it not for the fact that sunlight gets bent in the atmosphere and thus the sun appears to rise slightly earlier and set slightly later than it actually does. But in astronomical terms, yeah, it's the day of twelve-hour sunlight planetwide--except in the polar circles, where, at this time of year, both circles are lit by sunlight bordering on twilight around the clock.

But I suspect what you were really asking about is whether there will be a festive cake, and the answer is MUCH YES!