Author Topic: Picture of a Chronopolean  (Read 13428 times)

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Picture of a Chronopolean
« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2005, 08:21:36 am »
Quote from: jotabe1789
Yeah, i agree on that: technological attacks, as Spekkio says, deal damage with the same effect as dark magic, not that it is actually dark magic. I have always thought, however that dark magic, at least in CT, is kind of product of the research in magic. We see that for example, Delta Attack is dark, but it requires the conjunction of the three different magical "flavours". Dark mages, like Janus, have devoted their life to study and practise magic, in their three flavours... and as a result of this, a fourth flavour appear.

What i mean is that the dark damage would appear from the research, whether it is technological or magical.  :wink:

No, Spekkio states that Shadow is also a building block for the universe, or rather, the Planet. Perhaps it requires ages of research to learn as much as Janus learned of magic (Not just Dark, mind you), but then the Masamune nullifies his power. Which is part reason why Lavos pwnz him. That and the effect that Lavos isn't just a fart, but a big, fat, spikey and powerful fart.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2005, 09:55:41 am »
Well Janus knows all magic types. Lightning, Fire, Ice/Water etc. So it may be true to say that to get to the dark matter stage, you need those conspets to learn it. Kind like Alchemy in the FMA universe. Analysing, Deconstructing and Reconstructing.

Also, I do recall Spekkio saying something about Dark magic being the basis of all the other magics or something, and that Magus could probably teach Spekkio a thing or too.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2005, 10:19:47 am »
How can Shadow Magic be basis for Lightning, or better said, Heaven magic? It's like saying black parents can give birth to a white child.

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2005, 10:45:19 am »
if you put together blue, red and yellow lights, you get white. If you put together blue, red and yellow inks, you get black... kind of like that ^_^

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 25, 2005, 12:46:52 pm »
Quote from: jotabe1789
if you put together blue, red and yellow lights, you get white. If you put together blue, red and yellow inks, you get black... kind of like that ^_^

Color is best described in light, being as Ink's color-mixing nature stands by side of the ink's stand-alone properties. Magical colors and elements are kind of different, and "mixing" makes no sense to me. Janus knew all the elements because he had studied magic for much of his life, in preparation for his battle against the porcupine.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #140 on: July 25, 2005, 02:29:50 pm »
Quote from: Spekkio
Not just magic, but EVERYTHING is based on the balance of these 4 powers.

Shadow is not a combination of the other three. It exists as as fourth element. it just so happens that if you combine the other three in any combination (Ice/water and heaven, fire and heaven, ice/water and fire, fire ice/water and heaven) it will turn into shadow.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #141 on: July 25, 2005, 03:37:15 pm »
Perhaps it's better to look at it this way: since everything is based around the balance of the four elements, combining them is seen as a kind of unnatural occurrance and thusly creates the dark, Shadow Magic.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 25, 2005, 03:46:41 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Perhaps it's better to look at it this way: since everything is based around the balance of the four elements, combining them is seen as a kind of unnatural occurrance and thusly creates the dark, Shadow Magic.

No, I don't think it's so. Combining Fire and Heaven dosen't cause Shadow, nor is Water and and Lighting. Fire and Water contradict each other, leaving Heaven alone after the attempted combonation. You're speaking in colors, a term used in CC Elements.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #143 on: July 25, 2005, 03:53:41 pm »
I...don't see it that way...I mean, like said, everything's based on the BALANCE of the four powers, not necessarilly the balance of the four powers to each other. So, if you combine Water, Fire & Heavenly, you don't get a canceled out Fire & Water and a plain Heavenly Magic. You get an un(w)holy seperate Shadow Magic. I mean, when you combine Water & Fire, do you get nothing? No, you get Shadow.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 25, 2005, 04:45:02 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
I mean, when you combine Water & Fire, do you get nothing?

Yeah. Vapor. Gas. Sky. Heaven. =_=

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 25, 2005, 06:43:41 pm »
Acctually, You get antipod.

And anyway, I said you need to combine all 3.

And also, I'll have to disprove your point on Janus learning the 3 Lightning, Fire and Water magics. It's even stated that Janus had no magical energy. So he most likely learned it while he was with Ozzy, or Shadow magic users are born with all the magic powers, but need to focus them, which Janus did with Ozzy anyway.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 25, 2005, 06:50:37 pm »
if they are the 4 balance fire, water and lighting would give Shadow, as much has fire, water and Shadow would give lighting, but we don't see that much triple/double tech with combination with Shadow so I'm not sure

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 25, 2005, 06:53:50 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking
It's even stated that Janus had no magical energy.

It was also stated Janus harbors greater power then Schala and the Queen.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 25, 2005, 08:10:21 pm »
Quote from: Legend of the Past

Because it had not maifested yet.  It maifested when Ozzie and the mystics taught him his magic.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 26, 2005, 05:38:36 am »
Quote from: Sentenal
Quote from: Legend of the Past

Because it had not maifested yet.  It maifested when Ozzie and the mystics taught him his magic.

So what? Janus STILL has twenty years to study magic.