Author Topic: In another time...  (Read 1626 times)

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
In another time...
« on: March 18, 2011, 07:58:48 am »
New RD fanart, woo! I admit I was under the influence of caffeine while sketching this, I regreted it while vectorizing it. The little details are explained better in the comment.

http://fav.me/d3bw6bf

oh god, it's 5am... I need to sleep  :?

EDIT: By the way, while working on this i noticed the Compendium Encyclopedia lacks a picture of the Viper Manor's atrium, or at least i couldn't find it. In the Viper Manor article there are pictures of almost all the rooms, even the kitchen, but no atrium.

EDIT 2:  :picardno I just noticed, in the original sketch for this piece, that there was supposed to be the Einlanzer... It kinda got lost in the middle of all those gears... oh well...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 11:04:49 pm by Licawolf »

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: In another time...
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 08:38:07 am »
Ah, so Serge Jr. looks exactly like his grandpa (I'm thinking about a story in which he falls into some time vertex, ends up in 101x AD, becomes a musician and then joins the Radical Dreamers).

And that treasure box beside him seems to contain lots of good stuff, like Serge's hood, a pendant which looks like the one from Marle, a golden beetle, a sunflower and a blahblah rabbit(hmm, forgot the name). :wink:

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 02:56:13 pm »
Licawolf, this is amazing. Each person in this montage looks unique and dynamic-- it's awesome that you accomplished that while cramming so much into the picture. The composition is also great!

(Not that I know much about composition, mind! I've taken maybe three art classes in my entire life, total. But suffice to say I like it.)

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 08:37:57 pm »
Licawolf, this is amazing. Each person in this montage looks unique and dynamic-- it's awesome that you accomplished that while cramming so much into the picture. The composition is also great!

(Not that I know much about composition, mind! I've taken maybe three art classes in my entire life, total. But suffice to say I like it.)

Thanks! :D I hope I didn't cram in too much stuff to look good.

Ah, so Serge Jr. looks exactly like his grandpa (I'm thinking about a story in which he falls into some time vertex, ends up in 101x AD, becomes a musician and then joins the Radical Dreamers).

And that treasure box beside him seems to contain lots of good stuff, like Serge's hood, a pendant which looks like the one from Marle, a golden beetle, a sunflower and a blahblah rabbit(hmm, forgot the name). :wink:

*With Magil's most solemn face*  The Martian Forest League Lesser Armament Bunny.

At one point, while I was playing around with the design of Serge Jr., I was going to draw him wearing a red bandana, just to mess with people's minds even more  :P

:) That's not Serge's hood, actually. Um, let me copy and paste my own commentary from DA, because I'm lazy  :P

In the chest I put an object representing each of the extra scenarios:

The blue robe from Homecoming: Shea's Light
Gange's crystal ball from The Enigmatic Gigaweapon: Paradise X
The photo of Riddel from Magil: Caught Between Love and Adventure
A (suspiciously familiar) death book from The Shadow Realm and the Goddess of Death
The bunny puppet from SuperXtreme Alphacosmos Police Case EX Ultra
The sunflower from Kid and the Sunflower

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 09:03:00 pm »
This is amazing.  The art, the concept--everything.

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 09:22:32 pm »
thanks  :)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 02:22:55 am »
Beautifully drawn as usual!

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 06:55:39 pm »
Licawolf, when you submitted your very first artwork here with a similar design I admit I was a bit skeptical with where this was going. But with each art you submitted, each radically more awesome than before, I began to love this style and the way you think.  :lol: You've won me over; I've become a fan!

This one is by far a favourite piece of mine, and there's so much talent in your design! XD

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 10:29:58 pm »
Licawolf, when you submitted your very first artwork here with a similar design I admit I was a bit skeptical with where this was going. But with each art you submitted, each radically more awesome than before, I began to love this style and the way you think.  :lol: You've won me over; I've become a fan!

This one is by far a favourite piece of mine, and there's so much talent in your design! XD

Ah! that means a lot! really! I know very well that my style is not for everyone, and some of my ideas are kinda cheesy or quirky, he. As much as I like hearing that people enjoy my work (Ego boosts are always good for the heart!), critic is important too, if you ever feel like pointing out something you dislike in particular, please feel free to say so (... I'm actually rater insecure when it comes to critic, but I need to grow a backbone! ha ha ha  :P ).

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 10:32:33 pm »
Licawolf,

I love your art all the time.

You wanna work on a project with me? ;D

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 04:13:03 am »
Licawolf,

I love your art all the time.

You wanna work on a project with me? ;D

seriously? Sure thing  :)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 03:14:44 pm »
Licawolf, I have some idea's for children's books and I seriously think your art would be perfect!

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 04:02:13 pm »
I'd love to help you with that! That sounds really interesting, boo. I have been actually interested in doing illustrations for children books, but never really got around to it. If you want you can send me a message with more details?  
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 11:28:55 pm by Licawolf »

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 09:48:34 pm »
Lica, have you ever dabbled in animation?

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2011, 11:18:05 pm »
Lica, have you ever dabbled in animation?

Just very very basic flash animations and a couple of storyboards for class assignments..
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 02:13:31 am by Licawolf »