Author Topic: Pictures of a mask of Harle I made in fourth grade.  (Read 950 times)

vivify93

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Pictures of a mask of Harle I made in fourth grade.
« on: March 26, 2010, 05:15:23 pm »
[this is all backstory; skip to below for the pictures.]

OK, so around 2002, I was into Chrono Cross like crazy. In art class, I'd always make something related to the game; a color wheel with the characters' faces, the game's logo in word art... So when it came time to make paper mache masks, I decided I'd make one of Harle, who was then (and still is) my favorite character. :P

After it gets graded, I bring it home and show my mom and dad. They put it on top of the shelf we keep miscellaneous crap in, and it's forgotten. Skip ahead eight years, and my mom cleans off that shelf in God knows how long. She asks me if I still want it, and I say yes, I hang it on my wall with yarn. Then I remember the Compendium. I decide I want to submit it for giggles. I invite my friend over (that's her hand in the first picture) to take pictures of the mask. She takes them...but doesn't email me 'til about two weeks later. I just got them yesterday... Anyhow, keep in mind I was doing it from memory, and this is the work of a nine-year-old me with access to only the most limited materials.

Also, part of the project was to lacquer colored construction paper scraps on top, so that explains why it's not as good as it could've been, even by nine-year-old standards.

The camera really flattered the mask--in reality, it's all dusty and the white's really yellowed.

And now to disappear again.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
Re: Pictures of a mask of Harle I made in fourth grade.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 06:03:32 am »
I should've appointed you as my clothier! *smiles*