Author Topic: Capcom=Fan love and Squenix=Killer of Fan's hopes  (Read 2121 times)

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
Capcom=Fan love and Squenix=Killer of Fan's hopes
« on: October 30, 2009, 05:39:06 pm »
http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewstory&threadid=103771

Read that. You know why they will have low sales and Capcom won't? Because Capcom is making the games the fans want. Squenix is not.

Capcom is making, Super Street Fighter IV with everything the fans asked for, and it's not just an update it's a sequel with over 8 more characters and a butt load of new modes. Not to mention its $20 less than a completely new game. Square is making FF13 and FF14. Everything else is them trying to hit the mark with the most weird and stupid games ever. Capcom caters to their fans. Square Enix has decided unless it's Final Fantasy screw them. So that is why Capcom is better than Squenix. And why we should have Chrono Brake!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Capcom=Fan love and Squenix=Killer of Fan's hopes
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 05:44:02 pm »
If I recall correctly, there was an HD version of Street Fighter II released recently featuring one of the OCRemix community's soundtracks. Regardless of one's feelings toward OCRemix, I mean, damn. That was kind of awesome for Capcom to do. The wave of the future is fully welcoming fans into the creative process. Or it should be, or could be, IMO.

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 05:53:47 pm »
Yeah that is true actually. The capcom main site is full of Fan Creations. Capcom even said that they allow anyone to rip their sprites as long as it's non profit. M.U.G.E.N. is completely legit from Capcom.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 11:12:12 pm »
Ummm...

I kinda have to call BS on this.

If they cared about what the fans want, they'd make a satisfying resolution to every Megaman franchise (X especially) and make a new Breath of Fire and Onimusha already. :P

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 11:36:23 pm »
Well, BoF5 didn't come out on PS2 for awhile. Also keep in mind it kinda failed in the area of being a Breath of Fire game. Good game, but it wasn't Breath Of Fire.
As for the Megaman and Onimusha things, they ARE. Onimusha has had a title more recently. Megaman gets plenty of new games (Starforce 3 came out only a couple months ago!). I am a hardcore Capcom fan as I am a hardcore Squareenix although lately I've been moreso Capcom for these reasons that
Capcom + Fans = never ending love fest
Square Enix + fans = never ending battle

Already put my reserve on Tatsunoko VS Capcom.

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 05:36:12 pm »
Glad to know there is hope in humanity in these dark times. :)

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 06:31:59 pm »
Admittedly Capcom is way better than SE (Not that that's exactly saying much) But if they really actually cared about all of there fans there would be a Megaman Legends 3 by now.

Jormungand

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 06:42:07 pm »
First of, Breath of Fire. Capcom hates it. And therefore, they fail.

Second, Capcom hates its own composers, past and present. But especially past. Even when re-releasing old music, they don't individually credit their composers. And half the time when they do, they use an lias. And sometimes they don't credit them at all. That's strike 2 for Capcom.

Third, Capcom makes a million Mega Man and RE games and SF games because they sell well, not because they are paying debt to their fans. And Mega Man stopped being good after X3.

In my eyes, firing Keiji Inafune would solve at least 2 of the above problems...

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 07:39:08 pm »
Well, now that I think about it, we also have to take into account such...

That Capcom's staff IS on their forums(shocker, something most companies don't do)which is why more often than not this stuff happens and why they seem to listen to their fans more. The fans on their forums decide.
And y'know, I paid a visit to some SE forums today and have found, technically, they listen to their fans. The problem is that the only hardcore loyal fans they have on their forums and comprising their members etc is Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest fans. So maybe they'd listen to their other series as well, if perhaps they had those other series' fans amongst them on their own turf rather than floating about their own fan made forums(like we do).

First of, Breath of Fire. Capcom hates it. And therefore, they fail.
I don't think they hate it. At least not for bad reasoning. The latest game as I said was a massive failure. Ever since Microsoft jumped into the game scene, business revolves a lot more around money so when they see it not do well, they have to decide between another poor selling BoF, or a high success Resident Evil.
Plus not only was BoF5 not a success, but BoF4 wasn't that big and same goes for BoF3. The series after 2 was heading in a massive plummeting downhill.
Third, Capcom makes a million Mega Man and RE games and SF games because they sell well, not because they are paying debt to their fans. And Mega Man stopped being good after X3.

In my eyes, firing Keiji Inafune would solve at least 2 of the above problems...
I have to say I'd strongly disagree there. Alright, yes sales have a lot to do with those series but it's for good reason. They sell well generally because they work with those series diligently. They don't make as many games in those series as you'd think. Sure, they make a lot but it's nowhere near a massive quantity(specially Resident Evil). After X3? I definetly disagree there. So the games haven't been as good, that doesn't instantly make them bad. X4-6 and 8, Battle Network, Legends, I don't think you realize just how many Megamen you're marking off here.

And firing Keiji Inafune wouldn't solve the problems at all. Because then if Street Fighter and megaman weren't getting spawned, some other series would. Most likely Devil May Cry. Not to mention, we certainly can't assume once these classic game creators die their creations go with them. That's like assuming Mickey Mouse and Disney just went straight to hell the moment Walt Disney passed away. He died, and his stuff was still great for a great many decades afterward! Someone else would get hired is all!

But if they really actually cared about all of there fans there would be a Megaman Legends 3 by now.
Well actually I can't remember where I read it but I do know for a fact that the creator WANTS to do another one, and has for a very long time. But just as with the Chrono team, he can't really get everyone from the originals into the spirit he's in of working on another. Plus time constraints, Megaman not hitting very high notes lately(just because there IS loads of megaman games doesn't mean they're doing that great, he's still around unlike Breath Of Fire because he's the mascot. If he weren't he'd be dead as well!)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 12:30:25 am »
Ummm...

If they cared about what the fans want, they'd make a satisfying resolution to every Megaman franchise (X especially) and make a new Breath of Fire and Onimusha already. :P

Hah, yeah. Still waiting for wrap-up games for the MM and MMX series. I'm still kind of pining for an offshoot of the MMX world after MMX3. And one should have been able to win as Vile in Irregular Hunter X.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 12:47:33 pm »
Ummm...

Hah, yeah. Still waiting for wrap-up games for the MM and MMX series. I'm still kind of pining for an offshoot of the MMX world after MMX3. And one should have been able to win as Vile in Irregular Hunter X.

The MMZ games are a spin-off from MMX5, and worthy members of the Mega Man franchise of games.

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 09:43:01 pm »
The thing is MM, MMX, and MMZ all connect in the story but there are so far in the future from one another. Megaman X8 actually connects to the Zero series.

SeiRyuukishi

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 03:42:46 am »
If I remember correctly one of the MM fighting games on the Anniversary Collection connected MM to MMX with Bass' ending cut scene showing Wily making Zero. I beat MMX8 recently and I didn't see a connection to the MMZ series. It didn't explain why there are X and Zero copies, or what happened to X, Zero or even Axle. Axle wasn't even mentioned in the MMZ series at all unless you count Zero's new pistol. But the thing that bugs me about the whole MMZ series is the ending to MMZ4. They supposedly killed off Zero and turned him in to armor for the ZX series???  The whole time playing ZX I was trying to figure out what caused all the reploids from MMZ to become Biometal armor. If that is the fate of Mega Man than I'm glad I stopped playing before ZX Advent. They need to clean that up because fans don't wanna see the Blue Bomber they grew up with end up as a suit of armor. I've been playing Mega Man for 20 years, and its sad to think that after all these years they they decided to do that to him.

And as a side note Fire Emblem 1 was made by Square but Capcom bought the rights to it. I loved the first 2 but 3 wasn't nearly as good and I didn't get to play the others

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 01:56:38 pm »
It simply angers me to no end.

There are a ton of ROM hacks that exist for lots of different games all over the internet, yet Squeenix feel the need to shut down any "threats", which would have only increased interest in the series.

When fans modded Half-Life and created the first-person success we all know and love as Counter-Strike, what did Valve do? They bought the license for the game and made money off of it instead of arrogantly shutting down the hard work of their fans. Why can't Squeenix do this?

When you practically ignore a series with a massive fan base and don't release a brand new game in it for 10 years, you have to expect these things.

Here's an idea, Chairmen of the Board, and it just might sound crazy, seeing the current rate of your company's success:

Why not make some money and promote the work of your fans at the same time instead of slamming those who worked so hard to promote a great game that deserved more credit than it was given?

The only way I would be less angered by these actions would be if SE were actually working on a unannounced Chrono project, and want all hype to be concentrated on their release, rather than fanmade projects. However, previous projects were shut down years ago, and have we seen anything other than a remake? Fat chance.

I have to admit that I was a very big fan of Square up until about 2001. Ever since Final Fantasy X and the resignation of Hironubo Sakaguchi, however, I have found myself let down by the company much more often than I have been pleased.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2009, 03:58:11 am »
I guess if we want anything new for Chrono , it'll be us relying on the Chinese black market. Even then, if you recall their pirate remakes, it won't be any good if they do do something else with Chrono.

CT for the NES looks bad from what I've read and watched, but if SE can't do anything about it, that just proves the point that the Chinese black market is very tough to bust.