Author Topic: So just thought on Mitsuda's future works  (Read 1174 times)

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
So just thought on Mitsuda's future works
« on: September 03, 2009, 09:23:07 pm »
Anyone think he has a chance to compose a main FF game? We know he'll do Chrono always, but I still think that he should be doing XIII and even though he worked on XI they are giving XIV to Uematsu, which means that money is no issue. Anyone think he has a chance at XV or greater? I only ask because due to 14 and 13 coming out next year I suspect 15 will be announced at TGS or the next E3.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: So just thought on Mitsuda's future works
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 09:27:41 pm »
Mitsuda has been criminally underemployed. Anything that gives him an excuse to create yet another sheer masterpiece is gold in my book.

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 05:36:12 pm »
Have you played luminous arc? The music was good but game was pretty bad. He did several other games recently. I can't wait for sands of destruction.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 06:08:33 pm »
I'll have to see if I can find soundtrack samples for Luminous Arc then.

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 06:33:51 pm »
I don't know which ones he did specifically though, he worked with two other composers. Soma Bringer is one that I liked part of.

Radical Pan

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Girl who stole the Stars
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 03:34:51 am »
Who knows, I guess he would if SE offers him the chance. This year has been somehow sloppy for him, and I agree with Faust, how can someone with his talent be this HIGHLY underemployed?

Just take a look of what he's done this year:
- March: Announced that he started to work on a Korean MMORPG of the same creators of Ragnarok Online, called Lime odyssey (you can listen to a peek of the music by entering the site).
- June: Release of the Wii RPG game "ARCRISE FANTASIA" in which he participated as sound producer and composer.
- July: DS Version of CHRONO TRIGGER ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK was released.
- August: Colours of Light, a compilation of his vocal works, was released.

Seriously  :picardno

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 03:49:10 am »
Man, I really need to catch up on my Mitsuda. He's actually been producing at a pretty good clip according to his wiki article. RP, have you heard his collaboration with Miki Higashino on Tsukiyo ni Saraba (2005) at all? Anyone even know what kind of game it is? Sounds like it might be fantastic anyway, I think I'll track that one down first.

But still -- if Mitsuda isn't producing a new album every fifteen days, he's still not doing enough. :kz

Radical Pan

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Girl who stole the Stars
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 03:14:03 pm »
Man, I really need to catch up on my Mitsuda. He's actually been producing at a pretty good clip according to his wiki article. RP, have you heard his collaboration with Miki Higashino on Tsukiyo ni Saraba (2005) at all? Anyone even know what kind of game it is? Sounds like it might be fantastic anyway, I think I'll track that one down first.

But still -- if Mitsuda isn't producing a new album every fifteen days, he's still not doing enough. :kz
Oh? I haven't heard of that at all, but I just Googled it, seems pretty nice, I love action games and shooters, in English it's called "10,000 Bullets", but the damn thing wasn't released on America, just Japan and Europe, and I believe Europe's PS2 region is different from ours... dang it! And I don't have a hacked PS2 or anything  :| Oh well, I'll try to lurk around and see if I can grab the OST, if I do, I'll surely let you know.

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 05:10:54 pm »
The saddest thing is that today was the day planned for the release of Sands of Destruction in English. I remember because of many things but still I WANT IT! It sounds amazing by the way. I don't know if this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzNdhPKtUpo is boss music, but still.

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 05:16:57 pm »
The saddest thing is that today was the day planned for the release of Sands of Destruction in English. I remember because of many things but still I WANT IT! It sounds amazing by the way. I don't know if this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzNdhPKtUpo is boss music, but still.
So it's delayed till Winter 2010? Well at least they're improving it right?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009, 07:33:14 pm »
Good lord, Sands of Destruction looks like Xenogears all over again. Which is an awesome, awesome thing.