Author Topic: The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 16  (Read 4628 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 16
« on: June 13, 2009, 03:15:43 am »
Don't expect a 15 :) 

This does close a few loose threads though.

Video 50
Video 51
Video 52
Video 53

--JP

neologix

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Gate Sealer
    • View Profile
    • ATOM - Apollolux Tabular Object Management system
Re: The Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 16
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 05:02:44 am »
kinda slim pickins' in comparison to the previous chapter, indeed. was that actually coyopa or was that a clone?

can't wait to see the shenanigans coming up in the anniversary, tho :)

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
  • Without a fight no one lives on
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 08:22:11 am »
hmmm it seems theres more planned with Norris  am i right?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 01:38:15 pm »
Let me guess, Belthasar's plan will the one responsible of Schala's fate?

It seems to be pointing that, especially when the time is precisely the Ocean Palace Incident and Schala is going with the party.

kid123

• Guardian (+100)
  • A millenia of unceasingly nonsensical posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 01:54:19 pm »
Logically yes, I could assume that first time it was revealed. But we better don't jump to any conclusion yet, we still have 5-6 chapter more.

There is still some problem with letting Toma time traveling. The existence of his very memory of the adventure could somehow alter the timeline I afraid, unless you guy find a way to to erase his memory. I know everybody will not believe what he say, but I guess he would just approve the truth by revealing them the Time Gate, as he know the location.
Better just assume it is a sidequest story that seriously not be taken as canon though.

Anyway, love all the comic relief of the chapter, especially the whole crazy scientist family and their experiment subject. Damn, the commentary even trying to be funny :lol:

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 01:58:53 pm »
Eh, when NPCs time travel that's always a risk, I guess we'll just have to believe that he wouldn't threaten the timeline himself...And since this wasn't a sidequest, it was necessary for Toma to be there.

This chapter was pretty good overall; it needed some polish, but still had enough light to shine on its own.

anonymouse

• Porrean (+50)
  • Blown along by the wind...
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 02:05:37 pm »
So what did that message on top of the Porre lab mean after all? *puzzled*

Dapifer

• Guardian (+100)
  • Semper Fidelis, Usque Ad Mortem
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 02:13:46 pm »
anonymouse, you beat me to it! =P

Yeah, what was that all about? I think JP said in the commentary he would look it up,  but we never heard from him again =(

Anyways, I liked this chapter, great CC references and nice foreshadowing of some events in CC.

Something odd though, in some part it says Coyopa was a "she", now  I am confused, I always though Yaluk was the only female of the Xamoltan, so what's the truth? damn this Reptites and their *androginous?* features...

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 02:26:11 pm »
Cakulha and Coyopa are male.

anonymouse

• Porrean (+50)
  • Blown along by the wind...
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 02:31:43 pm »
I'm pretty sure Coyopa was referred to as "her" at some point...2%?  :D

Dapifer

• Guardian (+100)
  • Semper Fidelis, Usque Ad Mortem
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 02:32:57 pm »
Oh thanks C99! I though as much, yeah, that must have been a 2% thing. no biggy =P

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 03:17:19 pm »
Something odd though, in some part it says Coyopa was a "she", now  I am confused, I always though Yaluk was the only female of the Xamoltan, so what's the truth? damn this Reptites and their *androginous?* features...
Cakulha and Coyopa are male.
I'm pretty sure Coyopa was referred to as "her" at some point...2%?  :D
Yup, you all beat me to it. That'swhy I was coming here. So, Coyopa is male. All-righty then! Thanks a lot!

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 03:47:06 pm »
So what did that message on top of the Porre lab mean after all? *puzzled*

Heaven lies under the pyramid

Was Coyopa a she in the game or on the forums? I think I accidentally referred to him as a she. The Azala sprite throws me off sometimes.

Toma is a big adventurer and people take his stories with a grain of salt anyways. Atleast that's how I always imagined him. He'd get drunk in a bar and talk about ridiculous adventures and all the patrons would just smile and nod...Meh maybe it's just me.....plus it was mainly just for fun. In CT King Guardia/Kino and Doan all time travel....

--JP

Mbrady16

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2009, 03:54:53 pm »
I didn't understand the treatment of Coyopa's fate at all.  Was he turned into a mutant after a lot of testing and experiments in that laboratory?  I assume that's what happened, yet all the party has to say consists of making jokes and being grossed out.  I think it should have been more dramatic/tragic than that.  It's a pretty cruel fate.

kid123

• Guardian (+100)
  • A millenia of unceasingly nonsensical posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 04:02:28 pm »
Toma is a big adventurer and people take his stories with a grain of salt anyways. Atleast that's how I always imagined him. He'd get drunk in a bar and talk about ridiculous adventures and all the patrons would just smile and nod...Meh maybe it's just me.....plus it was mainly just for fun. In CT King Guardia/Kino and Doan all time travel....

--JP

Regardless of how many people have time traveled and not threatened the timeline at the same time do not anything. The risk is still there and will take any action soon or later, depending on what time traveler doing there. I will take the first hypothesis for now, which refer to Toma's story as unbelievable.

I didn't understand the treatment of Coyopa's fate at all.  Was he turned into a mutant after a lot of testing and experiments in that laboratory?  I assume that's what happened, yet all the party has to say consists of making jokes and being grossed out.  I think it should have been more dramatic/tragic than that.  It's a pretty cruel fate.

As sad fate is it, I guess some beta tester want the pace of the games consistent, with tragic and comic relief/joke element being equivalent. This is 100% up to developer, they tried to keep each chapter interesting as possible, with mixed element into it. But I guess you are right after all, the chapter would be more interesting if only they show some tragic scene of that kind of any possible experiment subject on that lab. I guess it is one of those 2%.
I can stamp the chapter ''Unpolished'' because it was full with bug and glitches  :?