Author Topic: I think the team ALWAYS knew where Schala went...  (Read 1867 times)

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
I think the team ALWAYS knew where Schala went...
« on: March 26, 2005, 10:31:41 pm »
Hey, brand new to the boards.

Anyway, I first got hooked on CT after I dled as a ROM.  Naturally, I would fool around with the backgrounds all the time.  The weird things I saw were things like the three little girls tanding behind the "Xabie" door until Robo unlocks it.

But the one that might have the most meaning is the one I found of Schala.  Way before CC came out (don't have a pic, this was more than 6-7 years ago).

Anyway, in one of the locations you meet Lavos (I believe it was Black Omen after it rose), if you fool around with the background, Schala is sitting randomly behind it.  It might have actually been the Mammon Machine as well.  But its jsut interesting, because if we could validate this, it could prove that the Chrono team knew exactly where Schala went the entire time, and threw her there as an easter egg, that no one would be able to find.

Obviously I didn't think of it as anything at the time, but after CC came out and I remembered that, it got me thinkin.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 12:35:10 am »
I'm exploring it now. Two Melchior's behind the front door.

Edit: That's all I could find.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 11:28:24 am »
I only saw Schala's head >.<

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 07:48:10 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking
I only saw Schala's head >.<

Decapitation, perhaps?

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 11:22:40 pm »
NOOO!

*Slaps Guardian_Of_Time!* I AM A SCHALA FAN BTW!

Lol. I think that the frames were just changed a bit. The game designers probably never planned it, it's just the frames. If you take the big Lavos frame away, you can see a little purple cat in the corner (Alfador?) etc. I've had different things in different play throughs and different versions of CT.

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 01:15:20 am »
I always get soooo creeped out when i see random stuff when i screw with the background...but finding Schala in the Black Omen is cool, but it doesnt prove anything...ah well, it's still flippin interesting!

Crystal Zeal

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2005, 06:58:13 pm »
There are tons of random things like that, though.  In Zeal Palace, if you turn of either layer 2 or 3, I think, you can see Queen Leene just chilling out in the doorways.  I don't think the hidden things under the layers mean too much.  ...It would be cool if they did, though -- especially Schala.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2005, 08:59:44 pm »
Yeah, If Schala was ment to be there, like only visably if you looked closely, this would prove my point that Schala would have stayed up till the time that the Black Omen arose, got sucked into the Mammon Machine and recharged her amulets power and been sent to the DBT, where she had enough power from the recharged amulet to cause the magnetic storm, send Kid through time etc. (This would have all be in the Crono and co interfered time line.)