Author Topic: Serge and Kid at the fireplace ?!  (Read 3681 times)

Decadent Sympozium

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Apotheosis of Judgment
    • View Profile
Serge and Kid at the fireplace ?!
« on: November 26, 2008, 06:18:54 pm »
Ok I passed this game 134 times now. On psx, epsxe emu PC, ps2 and now playing on psp. Just a moment ago I was absolutely shocked to see this. I thought for myself I'm some kind of chrono cross guru, only to see a scene I have NEVER, in my past 134 plays, seen before.

So, what I saw is, after saving fairies from dwarf invasion, there's the time of dusk, the game cuts to a scene with Kid and Serge sitting by the fire during night, where Kid explains a thing or two to Serge (thus making the story far more clear and with a pretty good point). This warm moment is something that NEVER occured at any point during any of my previous games. To test it, I loaded a save on my PC and went through all the quests again up to that point only to pass through the water isle without that scene showing!

So...wtf? Am I supposed to fulfill some kind of requirements for this scene to occur? Are there special versions of game that contain that scene? Does that perhaps occur random? Does it, perhaps, happen on second, third run of game, or what?? @.@ I really care to know this, specially since I'd like to see that scene few more times, or better say, every time I'll play it.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 06:20:49 pm by Decadent Sympozium »

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
Re: Serge and Kid at the fireplace ?!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 06:55:41 pm »
Heh. Interesting that you don't know about this. Here's the conditions:

- If you got Razzly and had her in the party during the Hydra Marshes quest to save Kid, Rosetta the fairy will survive and you'll get a scene with Razzly and her, after which you will receive a Whisp Cape
- If you got Razzly but didn't have her in your party, Rosetta will die
- If you never got Razzly, Rosetta will also die and you'll get the Serge and Kid campfire scene

Hope that clears it up

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 09:10:51 pm »
SOMEONE MAKE A YOUTUBE OF THIS

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 10:12:57 pm »
I've had that video before.  It's nothing random or anything.  It's just them, at night, sitting by a fire (while still on Water Dragon Isle).  They make small talk, with Kid pretty much just talking about her life - but only giving some vague insight.  I can't remember what all it entails, but I don't think it's rare.  I've had it more than once, actually.

Decadent Sympozium

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Apotheosis of Judgment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 06:39:09 am »
Heh. Interesting that you don't know about this. Here's the conditions:

- If you got Razzly and had her in the party during the Hydra Marshes quest to save Kid, Rosetta the fairy will survive and you'll get a scene with Razzly and her, after which you will receive a Whisp Cape
- If you got Razzly but didn't have her in your party, Rosetta will die
- If you never got Razzly, Rosetta will also die and you'll get the Serge and Kid campfire scene

Hope that clears it up

Didn't have her in my party for the entire game,  I guess, because I had her during Marsh but didn't during water isle, because I did get a wisp cape. So, I'm supposed not to save Razzly in order to get Kid fireplace scene? I can't remember at all is that the condition, but if you say so, I'll have to test that. I'd choose that scene over Razzly's wisp cape anytime.

@ Boo: Yes, but it doesn't always happen, obviously, it depends.

@ Faustwolf: I'll try going through the game on pc today and do as DS mentioned (the other ds, ha ha), and record a screener, then I'll upload it.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 06:43:05 am »
I suppose it is kind of an important scene to the canon as well. Especially how Kid notes that Lucca was kidnapped, rather then killed. This would mean Lynx took her somewhere, instead of killing her at the Orphanage.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 06:52:42 am »
Here's the video by the way. Apologies for the bad quality.

FaustWolf, could you tell me what you use to record videos? The current applications I have don't do a very good job.

Click

Decadent Sympozium

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Apotheosis of Judgment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 07:05:31 am »
Oh, it's already there. Then I guess I don't have to upload it.

edit

I'm impressed he could record sound. I can't do that. I think I'll edit that video's speed and reupload it to my acc. Come to think of it, I think I'll record entire game when I start anew on PC.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 07:11:01 am by Decadent Sympozium »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008, 08:45:12 am »
I suppose it is kind of an important scene to the canon as well. Especially how Kid notes that Lucca was kidnapped, rather then killed. This would mean Lynx took her somewhere, instead of killing her at the Orphanage.

Uh, it's already well known canonically that she was kidnapped first...why would Lynx/FATE just go there to kill her? They tried to get her to release the Prometheus lock on the FF first. When she didn't comply, that's when they offed her.

Anyways, I didn't think this was a big scene that people missed...I mean, it's just part of that character branch, right? I like it though because it adds a nice bit of Character Development to Kid...If only more characters had more such touching scenes like Kid...

Decadent Sympozium

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Apotheosis of Judgment
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 08:54:35 am »

Uh, it's already well known canonically that she was kidnapped first...why would Lynx/FATE just go there to kill her? They tried to get her to release the Prometheus lock on the FF first. When she didn't comply, that's when they offed her.

Anyways, I didn't think this was a big scene that people missed...I mean, it's just part of that character branch, right? I like it though because it adds a nice bit of Character Development to Kid...If only more characters had more such touching scenes like Kid...

No matter what people say and no matter do they like it or not, vital game element is Serge - Kid relationship. Without them seeking each other in eternity, game would actually be very, very empty. Atleast for the storytell. But you can judge by my avatar I hold special regard for Kid. The only thing squaresoft (or screenwritter) didn't do is push the relationship; rather, he made us be the observer of something that is there, but our comprehension doesn't really depend on it; we will either "get emotional" with Kid-Serge fillers, or will just see it as something that occurs and don't really care, other than understanding the prime theme beyond the two
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 08:57:08 am by Decadent Sympozium »

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 09:20:15 am »

I imagine Lynx would state immediately what he wanted from her once he got to the orphanage. Before I saw this scene I assumed he killed her when she refused. No use taking her somewhere if she refuses from the start. But I guess that is what happened.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 09:23:17 am »
You can see Lucca's glasses on the floor in that scene...I remember.

--------------
I mean the orphanage scene, not CG.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 09:29:52 am »
Come to think of it it's a strange event

When talking to Gato

Quote from: Gato
Miss Kid and Mistress Lucca are stuck in the back room. I am sorry that I lack the power to help you...

Strange how Lucca has disappeared in such a short time. And even stranger, Lynx is still there. Did Lucca try to run away and did Lynx chase after her later? Or did he zap her away or whatever?

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2008, 09:41:53 am »
Why did Lucca's ghost say 'we no longer exist in this time line.' on HW Opassa Beach?

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2008, 09:53:48 am »
'Cause they're dead?