Poll

Who could challenge Crono and put up a decent fight, posssibly KO, Crono?

Link(Power of the Triforce?)
17 (20%)
Master Chief(Guns and guns galore?)
2 (2.4%)
Solid Snake(Stealthy tactics?)
2 (2.4%)
Cloud Strife(Massive compensating sword?)
9 (10.6%)
Sonic(Blue speed streak?)
1 (1.2%)
Pacman(Devourer of Everything?)
1 (1.2%)
Mario(Plumber on mushrooms?)
2 (2.4%)
Megaman(Lil boy blue + gun?)
1 (1.2%)
Darth Vadar(The power of the dark side?)
4 (4.7%)
Batman(The Dark Knight?)
3 (3.5%)
Chuck Norris(Roundhouse kick?)
4 (4.7%)
Bruce Lee(FLYING FISTS OF FURY?!!!!)
0 (0%)
Other(state whom)
23 (27.1%)
Samus(Gun Girl of God Level Yet Not God Level?)
4 (4.7%)
Goku(KA-ME-HA-ME-HA?)
6 (7.1%)
Monkey King(Stretch Stick and Acrobatics?)
0 (0%)
Harry Potter(Demented Wizard Boy?)
0 (0%)
Kefka(JUST Kefka, no statues...just the crazed clown?)
2 (2.4%)
Ryu(Breath of Fire, Turn Into Dragon?)
1 (1.2%)
Mecha Zangief(Zangief and Mecha?)
0 (0%)
Randi(Secret Of Mana?)
0 (0%)
The Player Who Can't Play(What are these controls, what is SNES, what am I?)
3 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: Who is a worthy match for Crono?  (Read 49861 times)

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Who is a worthy match for Crono?
« Reply #330 on: January 15, 2009, 04:23:09 pm »
Is Mr. C No More heroes and something I'm missing or Super Paper Mario(have yet to play it so not sure, I only know that bleck guy and Luigi in that getup)?

I ask cause Danta with a lightsaber is in a sense a pretty close connection to some of the guys from No more Heroes like Helter Skelter. Of course, they have more to them than that though...

Sigma Head

• Porrean (+50)
  • THE BADDLE HAZ JUSD BEGUNN! DIE! XXX!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 16, 2009, 01:57:29 am »
Mr. C = Crono in Mr. L gear. Just...saying.....ya know..trying..to be..clever...yeah.

That was failure. I know.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 16, 2009, 12:21:24 pm »
Hate to say this, but yeah, it was. Wish we'd known that sooner. *looks down*

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #333 on: January 17, 2009, 06:53:14 pm »
Alright, I guess I take back what I said about Zangief...But it's gotta be Mecha Zangief...

Now, he's got some moves...!

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 17, 2009, 07:03:36 pm »
Let's see him take on Lavos.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 17, 2009, 07:08:49 pm »
If he can grab it, he can kill it and he can grab pretty much anything...And look at that last Super Mega Ultra Final Atomic Your Ass Is Grass (not the actual name) move...! It looks like even if he couldn't grab the first two forms, if he just did it beside them, it'd be just like a Luminaire to the face.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 17, 2009, 07:18:51 pm »
Teraton-charged Luminaire, maybe.

Sigma Head

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 18, 2009, 01:48:52 am »
It's what I've always said....adding Mecha in front of anything makes it at least 3 times stronger.

For instance, Mechagodzilla. The original 74' Mechagodzilla beat Godzilla into a bloody PULP. The 93' version successfully paralyzed Godzilla and might have won if Rodan didn't revive him. Mecha-King Ghidorah is pretty bad ass compared to his normal form in the movie he is in. Meta (Clever way of saying Mecha) Ridley is more bad ass than normal Ridley. And...again, Mecha-Zangief rocks HARD.

Mecha-Dalton is bad ass as well.....I love that idea for the Playable Schala mod. So why not go a step beyond? Mecha Apollo Creed? Mecha Imhotep, from The Mummy?

Since I mentioned it, why NOT Meta Ridley? He ain't no Dragon Tank, that's for sure.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 18, 2009, 07:49:33 am »
Chrono 4: Mecha Lavos' Re-Revenge - As it turns out, someone else was gathering DNA to create the ultimate fighting android to defeat Crono & Co...with the combined might of Azala, Queen Zeal, Schala, Magus, Dalton, the Mammon Machine, Cyrus, Masa & Mune, Mother Brain, Spekkio, Lavos, & Crono & Co. themselves...! Maybe a few DBZ characters just for good measure...>_>

When you think about it, Crono would have a tough time against the Metroids themselves...especially some of the later forms...it might be kind of difficult for him to do without a way to freeze them first...

Sigma Head

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 18, 2009, 12:11:10 pm »
Chrono 4: Mecha Lavos' Re-Revenge - As it turns out, someone else was gathering DNA to create the ultimate fighting android to defeat Crono & Co...with the combined might of Azala, Queen Zeal, Schala, Magus, Dalton, the Mammon Machine, Cyrus, Masa & Mune, Mother Brain, Spekkio, Lavos, & Crono & Co. themselves...! Maybe a few DBZ characters just for good measure...>_>

Cue Perfect Cell's music!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqgVwJ-W4Ys

In 9 days, The Lavos Games will commence!

Since you mentioned Metroids, the X-Parasite would be just as horrific.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 18, 2009, 04:35:07 pm »
That form of Zangief, hell yes. That would be an intense battle.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 20, 2009, 10:39:31 pm »
Quote from: Gameinformer
The Top 10 Dorks of 2008

#4 - Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes) - Travis is like a huge dork buffet, where you can pick any number of crippling personality flaws. He swings a store-bought lightsaber, sits on the toilet to save the game, and can barely hold down a part-time job carrying coconuts. If you identify with this loser, you have problems.

Anyone else on the list is auto-fail because #10 is Billy Corgan (Guitar Hero cameo).

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 21, 2009, 07:58:53 pm »
Gameinformer also had an article where they were explaining how Chrono Trigger and other great classics are stupid in one of their issues!

Plus, that's talking about if you relate to him as a person.

None of those things they are personality flaws anyway! Who doesn't want to buy an actual ligthsaber that could slash apart anything? yeah, pooping to save is funny a little but I suppose tat is more stupid than funny. However he doesn't just do that job, he has loads of other jobs(the jobs are all supposed to be jokes)and on top of that he's got way more serious jobs(killing people)than joke jobs.

Way I see it, that list ain't legit. I doubt they even played through much of the game cause the majority of what I got from that small bit is very flawed in description.

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 21, 2009, 09:13:58 pm »
Gameinformer also had an article where they were explaining how Chrono Trigger and other great classics are stupid in one of their issues!

It was a joke article to be taken with a grain of salt. The sacred cow roast where they took great games and talked about their faults. They did it because no one is supposed to hate on them.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 21, 2009, 09:35:21 pm »
But that still doesn't answer those other points on which I'd like to add look at their perfect scored games.

They're all great games, yes, but perfect? No way! And then they went and actually rated No More Heroes as a crap game so to be honest anyone who's taking just their opinion alone on No More heroes is going to get an opinion that it sucks. It got a 6/10 from them for reasons such as the script is terrible(it's a parody, it's not supposed to be deep at all not to mention of course it'll sound a little gruesome, it's a game about assassins! Plus wouldn't that be the target audience?), the graphics are horrible and the only way it could be seen as good is if it were mistaken for a style of artwork(so I guess even if it is someone's style to draw a certain way it has to realistic or it's crap huh?), that the gameplay is very difficult to learn(I mastered it in about 5 minutes, are they joking?!), all amongest other things.

I'm not saying it's one of the best games ever but crap like they call it? I don't think so, far from it.

But that's me defending the character and the game, shouldn't we be discussing how the character might or might not fare against Crono? By the way, I checked for later on his best weapon in the game which winds up becoming his canon weapon(you need it to unlock the actual ending to the game)the Tsubaki MK III actually gives him the skills of a real jedi.
Travis > Jedi(in skill factor, Jedis are still cooler).