Poll

Or how hard should it be?

Current setting is fine, a new game+ is aimed at getting new endings after all.
13 (54.2%)
I'm bored, at least it should be as hard as a normal game.
3 (12.5%)
The beginning of a new game+ game should be as hard as the end of a normal game, a Beach Bum can kill Serge if he is careless.
8 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Should a new game+ game be harder?  (Read 8426 times)

idioticidioms

Re: Should a new game+ game be harder?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2012, 08:41:52 pm »
Why not? You already beat the game and are going back through it with your levels and everything the same as when you finished the game. There's no challenge there except to find endings you haven't seen before or push yourself to level 99. I honestly think it should be the next step after the end of the game and become harder and harder to match your level for consistent levels of difficulty and challenge. I mean, it's great getting those one-hit kills in; but I'd much rather have stuff my level to fight that's more of a challenge and gives better exp points, etc. And, of course, you should be able to unlock newer weapons and items, etc. that weren't available the first time through. (like Ayla's bronze fist at level 99; I mean, who really goes through and gets to level 99 the first time they play through the game? There's a new game+ for that, after all.)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 03:59:47 am »
I do like the idea of increased difficulty, but you'd need increased room for growth as well, a 3 digit hp for example, with all stats capable of going higher than CT's (or CC's) surprisingly low maximum values.

Also I'd really like to see more games similar to the original NES Zelda, where the new game+ (I know it's not called + in Zelda) isn't exactly the same game. Bonus content and extra endings are cool, so is the DS extra content (in theory), but really making the fact that you beat the game effect the plot and make it different (maybe the main character suspects a time loop after experiencing severe deja-vu) would be ideal, it would add replay value and maybe word of mouth would be important to video games again for once since the internet.

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 11:20:31 pm »
There may or may not be a game mod that certain individuals worked on and may or may not be working on that involved coding written that increases the difficulty of the NG+....  *whistles*

jimijdn

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • What do hedgehogs eat ?
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2014, 07:35:04 am »
I think that current setting is fine, a new game+ is aimed at getting new endings after all.