Author Topic: E3 Chrono Trigger DS Coverage  (Read 6373 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
E3 Chrono Trigger DS Coverage
« on: July 15, 2008, 05:44:09 pm »
Here is 1UP's take, and here is Siliconera's. The bar beneath the first is actually ATB, not MP, and the second screen will show maps with the status screen, some new menus, and an added bestiary. The PSX cut scenes will be in the game, but the nature of the new dungeon or multiplayer features has not been disclosed. A few dialogue tweaks have been made to Woolsey's translation. Siliconera reports that the dialogue changes are significant in areas, and that there are plans to include a single-screen version of the game for purists.

UPDATE: Shinrin found this image from the CT DS board on GameFAQs: http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Image:Chronotriggerdson9.jpg.html
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 03:42:45 am by ZeaLitY »

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: E3 Chrono Trigger DS Coverage
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 05:48:09 pm »
You hear that Conpendium!? They're sticking with the professional translators!!!!!!!!111111111 Not your half-ass job!

It's a joke.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 06:34:45 pm »
I'm not complaining either way.  The original translation wouldn't be bad, nor would a new one (as seen with the port of FFVI).  Either way I'm happy...

po0opiez

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 06:42:07 pm »
im just glad theyre making good use of the touch screen instead of some half assed work like on other games

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 08:19:27 pm »
http://www.siliconera.com/2008/07/15/testing-chrono-triggers-stylus-support/
First learned about this at Gamefaqs boards. Some people think Silioneria’s description of the dialog doesn’t sound the same as 1up’s.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 08:46:35 pm by Vehek »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 08:53:17 pm »
If what they say is true about more letters are available for naming...and since it's an updated SNES Ct, would it be possible to actually find the location for this stuff and copy and paste it into the rom?  I would think that since most of it is just an SNES update...it should retain some of the data.  But who knows, i'm probably completely wrong.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 09:58:49 pm »
You hear that Conpendium!? They're sticking with the professional translators!!!!!!!!111111111 Not your half-ass job!

Actually, he said "Not using half-ass jobs like you guys do!"

It still makes me lol.

ker-plop

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/67903/
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 10:29:06 pm »
I'm just glad they didn't completely rewrite the script.  That made me worry.  Now I'm looking forward to it even more.

Daniela

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 11:06:08 pm »
I believe the main reason why they named Chrono "Crono" in the SNES/PSX version was because there was only room for five characters... =P

Anyways, I hope they don't make redundant changes, like "G" to "Gil" (this isn't Final Fantasy), but I would like to see Crono changed to "Chrono", and Tonic changed to "Potion", etc.

They will probably use the same font they used for the Final Fantasies for GBA and FF3 DS for the Chrono Trigger DS =D

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 11:52:38 pm »
If what they say is true about more letters are available for naming...and since it's an updated SNES Ct, would it be possible to actually find the location for this stuff and copy and paste it into the rom?  I would think that since most of it is just an SNES update...it should retain some of the data.  But who knows, i'm probably completely wrong.
If it's anything like what they did with FFT on the PSP(i.e. WotL), they'll probably leave the original ROM on the image and have an encrypted archive that auto-patches the game while it's running. If this is the case, it'll be very hard to import the data to the actual rom. This is just speculation, of course.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 04:19:29 am »
Quote from: Ayria
Anyways, I hope they don't make redundant changes, like "G" to "Gil" (this isn't Final Fantasy)

Chrono Trigger's money was Woosley'd as Zenny. We got the actual monetary value name, Gold, in Chrono Cross, though, if I recall correctly.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 04:24:17 am »
Quote from: Ayria
Anyways, I hope they don't make redundant changes, like "G" to "Gil" (this isn't Final Fantasy)

Chrono Trigger's money was Woosley'd as Zenny. We got the actual monetary value name, Gold, in Chrono Cross, though, if I recall correctly.

Zenny? Are you sure you're not thinking of Mega Man Legends?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 04:25:59 am »
Well, Capcom's used it a couple times, I guess (Breath of Fire used Zenny as well, I believe)...but it was in Trigger too, I remember...There was also a "Zenny Sword" in FFTactics, but I forget which game that was a reference to (if any)...

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 04:26:35 am »
Zenny has been used as fake currency in many fictional worlds, namely DBZ.

EDIT: damn ninja'd

ogh

• Earthbound (+15)
  • CT on DS OMG!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 08:55:05 am »
The old "zenny discussion"!

This is a common term in RPGs, who just becomes popular on Megaman series. Zenny isn't a exclusive Capcom term.