Author Topic: You know you've been playing too much with Chrono Trigger When..........  (Read 17204 times)

Eternal Myst

• Level ** (100)
  • Confirmed working on PAL.
    • View Profile
"You know you've been playing too much with Chrono Trigger when..."

You knew it would have come sooner or later.... here it is, the "You know when" TOPIC for Chrono Trigger!

Here I start:
1)When you dress Like Magus,and color your cat purple so it resembles his cat.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
You know you've played to much Chrono Trigger when you hunt down the largest fan site to create silly message board games.

Welcome we are your people. :D

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
You know you've been playing too much Chrono Trigger when you make a Valentine's Day Card box out of a Chrono Trigger poster. I did that in Fifth Grade...girls were actually interested in it too. My mom was concerned that it was an advocation of violence though, because it appeared that Frog was impaling himself with his scabbard. Not to mention Crono was running at some monster with a flaming sword.

Eternal Myst

• Level ** (100)
    • View Profile
When you think your great RPG skills are going to help you when your being robbed. :shock:

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
When you think your great RPG skills are going to help you when your being robbed. :shock:
Thats just when you drink to much

You know you've been playing too much with Chrono Trigger when you place bets you'll survive the grandfather paradox.

EDIT:fix'd
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 01:06:18 am by Kebrel »

Eternal Myst

• Level ** (100)
    • View Profile
That comic made me lol.
When you realize slashing a sword at somebody usually kills them immediately.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 01:11:44 am by Eternal Myst »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
- When you post ridiculously stupid, unoriginal, pointless threads under the guise of "fun & games"...>_>

- When you post IN stupid, unoriginal, pointless threads under the guise of "fun & games" even though you clearly hate them all...V_V

Eternal Myst

• Level ** (100)
    • View Profile

When you forget that total strangers WON'T let you come into your house, steal all their stuff, and then politely tell you that they've seen a man in a black cape.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile

When you forget that total strangers WON'T let you come into your house, steal all their stuff, and then politely tell you that they've seen a man in a black cape.

Thats FFVII...

Eternal Myst

• Level ** (100)
    • View Profile
Whoops my bad.
When you start going to price chopper and start looking for Tonics.

Satoh

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Am I your dream... or are you mine...?
    • View Profile
When you start doing squats so you can bob up and down in your "idle position" faster during "battle".

When you collect red things because they're probably made of dreamstone.

When you don't even care the V_translanka is being a cranky litl'un anymore.

When you start trying to pick up asphalt from the road because it has "item sparklies" all over it.

When you start to wander what the hell those old men are laughing about in the background of Magus' battle theme.

When you decide on a reasonable logical cause for the old man laughing in Magus' battle theme.

When you're tired, you start looking for your sword and item bag. (yes I know this from experience)

When you think you've solved the mysteries of life through talking to random people around your neighborhood.

When you suggest to someone to just go back and stop the (insert war here) from happening in the first place.

When you start pumping your fist, laughing, acting surpised, or spinning around in circles during music and call it "dancing".

When you try for hours to calculate the necessary physical conditions, fitness, velocity, and angle to execute a "Slash".

When you've written an email to Toryama Akira-sama, expressing your feelings about chrono trigger.

When you send it even after realizing A he doesn't really care, B he probably can't read your email anyway, and C he did it many years ago.

When you walk up to people and expect them to divulge their deepest secrets to you even though you haven even said anything.

When you start to think people can hear you nod your head.

When you begin to wonder why Marle is casting Fire Sword on the cover of the game.

EDIT: When you yell 'GRRRrrrrooooooooooooo" when you get into a fight and proceed to be flatulent at them...

EDIT2: When you start associating musicand background noise you hear around your house with Chrono Trigger every time you hear it because  it happened once while you were playing. (Note I think of Chrono Trigger everytime I hear dogs barking, and think of Metal Gear Solid 3 whenever I hear Dragostea Din Tei)

EDIT the 3rd: When you have hours-long debates in your head about whether Magus is prunounces 'Mah' or 'May' gus.

When you claim Lavos or Entity as your religion on census forms.

When you think wearing 70's and 80's sunglasses make you stronger.

When you've tried Speed because you thought it would give you a yellow outline (this one was NOT me.)

When you have a t-shirt advertising "Norstein Beckler's amaaaazing show!"

When you were arrested for indecent exposure while trying to cosplay Norstein Bekkler (he doesn't have a body, so hence no clothes, again not me.)

When you wonder why people laugh when you talk about your swallow skills (well... sort of CC)((not me...))

When you wiki "swallow weapons thoughout history"

When you have more than 2 edits on a single post in this thread.

When you realize you'll have many more before anyone else even reads them.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 05:55:55 am by Satoh »

Gluttony

• Porrean (+50)
  • The Goose
    • View Profile
I don't know if what I was gonna say was already said by Satoh.

I'm also too lazy to read Satoh's whole post!

Such an internal conflict I am struggling with, right now.

x_XTacTX_x

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
you know you've been playing too much Chrono Trigger when you find out how suprisingly difficult it actually is to find a place that sells plain white bandanas.

Satoh

• Am I your dream... or are you mine...?
    • View Profile
I had a lot more, but I didn't want ruin this awesome thing...

"« Last Edit: Today at 05:55:55 AM by Satoh »"

Plain white bananas...?

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
This sounds like fun! Ok here I go!

You check cupboards for gates.

You attempt to make your own Gate Key.

You handed out fliers in 1998 about the end of the world via Lavos.

You think riding on Lavos' shell might be fun! (Maybe that's just me.)

You think all that happened in Chrono Trigger was indeed true!

You tell people that humans did infact live at the same time as dinosaurs back in 65 million BC and if Lavos hadn't landed we would have never developed further and the Reptites would rule the planet and be surprised when they give you odd looks.

You as above be surprised when you fail history class.

Your willing to act like a chicken for a wealthy man for money.

You where disappointed when 1999 came and went yet no Lavos!