Author Topic: Another noobie on your hands!!!  (Read 988 times)

Gluttony

• Porrean (+50)
  • The Goose
    • View Profile
Another noobie on your hands!!!
« on: June 16, 2008, 01:42:35 pm »
Hey everyone, brand spanking new to the forums! I've actually been looking at this place for a while, why not join, am I right?

I'm probably just like a lot of you guys, fell in love with Chrono Trigger immediately after I played it around the age of 10. Played Chrono Cross afterwards, and was ABSOLUTELY confused with it. But still absolutely loved it. I get a the story a lot better nowadays though.

Chrono Trigger was THE game that got me on my career path to a game designer/programmer. I'll be done with my Bachelor's at Fullsail in about 8 months to look for a job in the Gaming Industry and maybe someday make my own "Chrono Trigger"

Thanks for having me!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Another noobie on your hands!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 04:21:49 pm »
Welcome!  Welcome!  As you may have noticed, there are lots of Chrono fangames in the works!  Such works in progress include: Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes, Chrono Crisis, and the new Chrono Cross Mod (that includes both Magus and Marle).  Anywho, considered you are being trained in formal video game engineering (not sure of the correct terminology), don't be afraid to get involved and offer a helping hand!

Welcome aboard the Chrono Compendium!

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 04:33:57 pm »
Welcome to the Compendium, mate. And as Boo said, don't hesitate to participate in the fan games; we could always use help.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 06:00:00 pm »
Ahoy thar, welcome to the forums.

Gluttony

• Porrean (+50)
  • The Goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 06:39:29 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas!

Well, I'm quite proficient in C++, C#, and in the middle of learning Assembly. I have taken a look at some of the Chrono fan games. The Crisis game is looking quite spectacular, and I am looking quite forward to seeing how that stuff turns out.

I'm pretty sure that they aren't coding their stuff out. I believe they're using an RPGMaker, or something like that? Maybe using scripts? My school is quite accelerated, but I can offer a helping hand from time to time. I'll be starting on my 3rd game project at this school in a few months. Which will give me zero time! But until then...

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 06:58:03 pm »
Welcome to the Compendium! Ah, I once entertained dreams of enrolling at Digipen, but ended up in the dismal sciences of politics and economics instead. Kudos to you for making your dreams a full-time profession! Is there a certain company you're planning to work for?

Gluttony

• Porrean (+50)
  • The Goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 07:21:37 pm »
Welcome to the Compendium! Ah, I once entertained dreams of enrolling at Digipen, but ended up in the dismal sciences of politics and economics instead. Kudos to you for making your dreams a full-time profession! Is there a certain company you're planning to work for?
Well it depends. I do have a father in the Game Industry, so I might be working for him. Also, I used to play with a guy who worked for GameSpy in WorldofWarcraft, and he has already offered to set me up with some offers. So I definitely am lucky to already have a foot in the door, so to speak.

I'm not really picky to be honest. In my position, a job in the industry....is a job in the industry. Not the easiest industry to get into, so I'm grateful no matter what.

Ramsus

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 07:48:09 pm »
Welcome. There's no noobs here as I see it, since it's almost laughable to talk seniority at a site that's been around this long and gone through as many members as it has. Really, all that matters is good conversation and collaboration, and you seem ready to make the most of it.

And congratulations on following your dream. I think, Radical_Dreamers has some kind of connection to the gaming industry. I wonder who else on the forums does as well? This might be a good chance to get to know some people.

In a way, except for creating the Compendium, Zeality and I are about as far from the gaming industry as it gets. Of course, his dream is to be an archaeologist working in the field, while mine is to make films, but even in that respect we're pretty off course.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 12:51:03 pm »
And congratulations on following your dream. I think, Radical_Dreamers has some kind of connection to the gaming industry. I wonder who else on the forums does as well? This might be a good chance to get to know some people.

Yeah, I'm a game designer. I've worked with a guy from Fullsail (Florida) and a bunch of DigiPen people. Best of luck to you; in your endeavors. Do you aim to be a programmer or a designer?

Gluttony

• Porrean (+50)
  • The Goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 06:21:49 pm »

Yeah, I'm a game designer. I've worked with a guy from Fullsail (Florida) and a bunch of DigiPen people. Best of luck to you; in your endeavors. Do you aim to be a programmer or a designer?
At first....I was REALLY wanting to be a designer. But I have grown to really enjoying programming. So at this point, I'm not too picky. But at first, if I was wanting to make that decision I would still have to wait. Being a programmer is my first option to getting anywhere in the industry.