Author Topic: Chronicle  (Read 1436 times)

Chronomage002

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Chronicle
« on: May 01, 2008, 08:17:33 pm »
so i have finally decied to write a fanfiction on the chrono series (basically a part three). Abandonment is not an option. any way i'd like this story to be amazing so im going to make it a graphic novel. the storyline goes like this. At the end of chrono chross we see kid standing in an intersection probably somewhere in a city in japan preferably tokyo. So i plan on writing a novel that deals with Serge and kid, when they go to find each other after the chrono chross game. But it turns out after time was fixed when serge freed schala, none of the memories of the past had gone to rest and grudges against the humans returned years later. At the end of chrono cross it doesnt state that the monsters were wiped of the face of the earth....heheheh... so what happens....when the dragons....and the reptites....and many more decide to attack....a modern day world like ours is today? Armies will move in with guns and technology and old friends will reunite, to bring this destruction to a final end. But the good guys arent the only ones who reunite....

what more choas can happen before the ultimate ending of serge and kid getting married? this story will tell you. (will feature monsters fiends and friends from CT and CC) what do you guys think? :lee: :lol:       

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Chronicle
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 01:32:27 pm »
'Tis an ambitious project -- the best kind IMO. It sounds as if you might be writing about Chronoverse characters crossing over into the real world; am I reading your post correctly? If this is the case, have you given thought to the metaphysical explanations you'd have to provide for your audience to make such phenomena believable?

The Chronoverse-real world connection is certainly valid territory to cover in fanfiction -- Kato introduced it visually at the end of Cross, but with zero explanation. It is, after all, up to fans to figure out just what the heck was happening there.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 01:42:07 pm »
Kato introduced it visually at the end of Cross, but with zero explanation. It is, after all, up to fans to figure out just what the heck was happening there.
...Why do I not remember this at all? Was it after the credits or what?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 02:17:14 pm »
Full Chrono Cross ending, credits and all for everyone's perusal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEoFeVxMwoI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai87kLzIL7k

You'll be more interested in Part II, Kebrel. The real world scenes start at 3:00 or so.

Chronomage002

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 12:36:24 pm »
yes that ending is exactly what sparked this fan fiction.

Faustwolf as to the metaphysical, i gave it thought and have figured" ok so schala is freed? so now after she is freed where does the original timeline (not involving any of this happening) start anew. in other words, in what era does time start all over again anew before everything went wrong? Well i figured, when lavos landed thats where time was just screwed over and thats what sparked all the events throughout time. so after schala is free, time would have to start from that particular point in time all over again, giving birth to a completely new timeline. meaning that none of the charaters would meet through time because of the sequence of the new timeline. such as this obvious example, if lavos would never have fallen from the sky, serge would never have met kid, because schala would've never been cloned. also chornopolis would never have been destroyed because it would have never been created. ALSO there could've been a possibility that the reptites could have dominated over the humans and eventually ended up as the dominant species on the planet. so there is an imfinete amount of storylines that can spark with that ending. so now in my story the world is our current day world, but lets just say physics *cough cough magic* from the past have not been altered. Also since schala does find serge in the end and marries him, she obviously kept the memories and found some way to stay alive and keep her young age (and not die of old age) for all the generations until the birth of serge. So i explain this with the magic. she uses some form of magic to stay alive throughout all of time, all those years. thus meaning that the humans in the ending of chrono cross probably are all magically infused. So that short clip in the mordern world in the ending is actually her standing in an intersection of a world where humans use magic and technology together to make an amazing universe. (i explain this with lucca who basically sparks the the first mecha/magic corp. Now on the other hand the other side of the planet is infested with the monsters, and the overpopulated cities of reptites. (they can not stand the humans, like in chrono trigger. and so they are basically going at it with the humans, using their powerful magic and huge monsters as weapons to annialate the humans.)

phew! i got to go, but i will elaborate more on this fan fiction later. Tell me what ya think so far.         

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 11:12:24 pm »
I find the idea of Schala's eternal existence intriguing -- brings to mind the videogame Lost Oddysey, though I haven't played it.

I'm still a little unclear on the real-world/Chronoverse issue, Chronomage. Are you saying that, without Lavos' influence, the Chronoverse develops into *our* world, or that the Chronoverse as presented in your fanwork simply has all the technological characteristics of our world, but is still separate from "Earth 2008"?

Chronomage002

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 09:51:34 am »
The Chronoverse as presented in your fanwork simply has all the technological characteristics of our world, but is still separate from "Earth 2008"?

that is exactly what i mean  :lee:, technologies from our world are in it, followed by the magical attribute and properties of the chrono chross   

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 10:57:07 am »
"...and in east ridge, another drive by frog squash attack.  details at eleven."

Chronomage002

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 12:33:33 pm »
lol very funny boo the gentleman. the non human mauin charaters will be centered on the other side of the world plotting the demise of the humans, frog will be serving as a peace worker on their behalf