Author Topic: Frog/Glenn theory  (Read 9543 times)

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
Frog/Glenn theory
« on: April 13, 2008, 01:02:53 pm »
While fighting Dario in chrono cross I realized that Frog also wielded the Masamune. This could definetely be a wrong assumption but do you think That Glenn (Frog) is an ancestor to Garai, the father of Dario and Glenn?

Think About it:

600 A.D, Frog is turned to his original form after defeating Lavos with Crono
                                        ~~~~
Late 900's A.D., After about 3 generations, Garai is born, Glenn (frog) is his Great Great Grandfather.
                                         ~~~~
Late 1020's A.D, Glenn And Dario are born, thus being the latest generation in the bloodline.

But that's just my opinion.

StormTR

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Frog/Glenn theory
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 01:24:43 pm »
That's an interesting theory, but uh...I would think that if that were true they'd have said something about it.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 02:18:56 pm »
Yeah, besides CC Glenn's name (which in-game is said to be a tribute 'to a hero in the past' or some such), it's kind of just baseless...I mean, what, just because they both touched the same sword?

Anacalius

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Boredom is not a burden that anyone should bear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 02:35:08 pm »
It's a decent theory, but there's not enough evidence to support it at all.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 06:10:38 pm »
I like to think that, but we usually look the other way at that because of the lack of evidence.

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 05:02:12 pm »
I like to think that, but we usually look the other way at that because of the lack of evidence.

But that's what fandom is all about, right? Kato left things like that to spark the player's imagination and cause discussions not unlike this.

Perhaps it's true depending on whose playing the game. The storyline never conflicts with the idea, nor does it support it. So that's just another way to get gamers to enjoy the game long after finishing it.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 07:32:33 pm »
Yeah, but what's the point of making baseless theories? I mean, if I can't even convince MYSELF that it's true...>_> Occam's Razor, I'd say and follow what information that's given to you...when such information is limited, THEN theorize...when it's non-existent, don't just start willy-nilly making stuff up.

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 07:49:31 pm »
Yeah, but what's the point of making baseless theories? I mean, if I can't even convince MYSELF that it's true...>_> Occam's Razor, I'd say and follow what information that's given to you...when such information is limited, THEN theorize...when it's non-existent, don't just start willy-nilly making stuff up.

It's not totally baseless. it's much more common to be named after someone in your family then to be named after an old family friend, hero or not. And don't forget the whol;e Masamune thing (as farfetched as it may seem)

But I can see your point. The game doesn't shed any real light ohn the subject, but I believe the Developers left it unmentioned to spark the Gamer's imagination. The same method was used many other times in Cross, like whether or not Guile has any relation to Magil or Magus (even though he was actually planned to appear as Magus), and if that Shadow that appears when reading Lucca's letter is Magus, Magil, or Lucca, or even someone else...

But in the end I guess this theory could never be proved unless Square reveals something in Chrono Break.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 11:51:33 am »
It's not totally baseless. it's much more common to be named after someone in your family then to be named after an old family friend, hero or not. And don't forget the whol;e Masamune thing (as farfetched as it may seem)

Actually, it isn't uncommon at all for people to name their children names found in history. Martin Luther and Martin Luther King Jr. Abraham, son of Terah, and Abraham Lincoln. Julius Caesar and Caesar Chavez.

Glenn, hero of the Realm of Guardia, weilder of the Masamune. And Glenn, Acacia Dragoon.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 01:41:27 pm »
Not to go into the whole "game mechanics" excuse, but I just felt that Glenn was supposed to feel like Frog from CT, creating that familiar, nostalgic feeling.  You know, greenish-haired knight with the ability to use the "legendary sword".

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 05:25:21 pm »
Not to go into the whole "game mechanics" excuse, but I just felt that Glenn was supposed to feel like Frog from CT, creating that familiar, nostalgic feeling.  You know, greenish-haired knight with the ability to use the "legendary sword".

I actually got that same feeling. I couldn't help but crack a grin the first time I used X-Strike.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 03:24:10 am »

What part of that gray/white head of hair looks green, again?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 03:57:40 pm »
I'm not color blind or anything, but I still see a hint of green in his hair...

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 05:04:42 pm »
You obviously need to adjust the color setting on your TV, V. ;)

But if Schala's hair can go from purple to blond, why couldn't Frog (or a Frog-like characters) go from Green to... Platinum? Or is that besides the point?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 05:37:39 pm »
It looks greenish-platinum to me (with white highlights)...