Author Topic: A Mailbag?  (Read 2389 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
A Mailbag?
« on: December 28, 2004, 12:57:20 am »
I noticed that other, popular RPG sites have Mailbags. Chrono Chronicles has one, and so does Chronoshock (though just one). These are mildly interesting, as they're composed of one editor's responses to a variety of questions from passing visitors who have toured the site and are brimming with wide-ranged questions.

How should one be set up? It wouldn't be a regularly updated feature, just something we could dig up every once and awhile for answering the inquiries of non-Compendiumphiles.

Teflon

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
A Mailbag?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 02:37:31 am »
Can I have a section where I cuss out morons and go Something Awful on them?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
A Mailbag?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 02:42:14 am »
Maybe so, if they're the breed of Cross-haters. While bad people exist on both sides of the lines, its those guys that say "CHRONO CROSS SUX, WORST GAME EVAR SE IS CRAP" that really provoke people.

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
A Mailbag?
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 03:16:50 am »
A mailbag section might be interesting, although without funny letters to whoever is playing Dear Abby, I forsee it getting dull pretty quickly.

Ramsus

A Mailbag?
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2004, 11:13:18 pm »
So who wants to receive and reply to all of the letters?

Hiroshino

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
A Mailbag?
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2004, 07:22:15 pm »
Yeah dude, go for it. Have a Mailbag for the Compendium. I dunno how often you'd check it, but the once in awhile thing sounds cool. As long as it actually gets checked though...some sites seem to not check their's, but yeah. As to who reads and replies to the e-mails, I leave that up to you.

Other than all that, go for it.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
A Mailbag?
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2004, 09:46:56 pm »
Alrightness. The e-mail account chronocompendium@yahoo.com has been created and advertised beneath the banner on our main page. I might go out and ask some Gamefaqs forumers to submit questions to prime the pump.

(Trivia: I registered that using the name Kronos Nicephorus, pretending to be Greek)

Chrono'99 answers plot questions all the time around Gamefaqs; if you'd like to be editor, you certainly can.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
A Mailbag?
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2005, 10:51:13 am »
Okay I think it's feasible, but I hope I won't be the single man to reply to everything though?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
A Mailbag?
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2005, 02:52:59 pm »
I guess I could take site related questions and things. Once we have ten letters or so we can divide them up, answer and post.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
A Mailbag?
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2005, 02:40:31 pm »
If you need someone to answer questions about temporal mechanics and such, I'm your man.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
A Mailbag?
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2005, 02:47:34 pm »
Okay, I've just filled in the Mailbag section of the Encyclopedia. It currently contains just a brief message and the email address. You should probably put up an announcement or something, as it's not likely to get many hits if that's the only mention of it.

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
A Mailbag?
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2005, 03:32:39 pm »
I've always thought that a mailbag should be a more humourous section than a serious one. We can address questions on the forums easily - in fact, that's the bulk of what we do. A mailbag (IMO) should be a place where people submit absurd questions and recieve even more absurd answers.

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
A Mailbag?
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2005, 10:42:48 pm »
Right, cuz anyone can come to the forum and ask a serious question.  What you can't do (or at least shouldn't do) is ask ridiculous funny questions (unless it's really funny or something).  We should try to make the mailbag special.

Ramsus

A Mailbag?
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2005, 09:14:20 am »
You could also have a "personality" or various personalities (depending on the question) answer, such as Lucca, Balthasar, or maybe even Crono ("...!").

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
A Mailbag?
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2005, 02:04:52 am »
That's actually a really good idea!  So like, if you have a serious question you could go to Gaspar, and if you have a humorous question, you could go to a Nu.