Author Topic: ChronoTrigger+ Eternal End  (Read 39232 times)

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
Re: ChronoTrigger+ Eternal End Beta1
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2008, 02:39:44 am »
Oh my god yey! Teasers! I cannot wait!!! :mrgreen:

Saelind

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2008, 04:05:22 pm »
Zakyrus man, you're my idol  :shock:
Seriously dude, I love what you're coming up with. Oh, how about Nirvana Strike to be an attack for Glenn/Kaeru? That would be awesome  8)

Hey I'm an Earthbound one now :D

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2008, 01:31:42 pm »
Ooooh, human Glenn, interesting! Glenn's one of my favorite characters, but Janus is too... :( Eh. I'll use a walkthrough or something. :p Sounds cool.

? Anyways, I am going to include a spoiler-free walkthrough I'm writing. It won't tell you exactly where all of the hidden items are but it'll give clues.  :lol:

Another interesting thing would be Schala, since it doesn't make sense that a time gate would send her to another dimension...and a very special one, at that. But that would require quite a bit of changing the storyline, and you don't want to do that, I believe.

Can't do it. She's gone. RPGs without horrible demise and tragedy that happens to characters we love just aren't the same. It would be like getting General Leo back in FFVI.

But yeah. Great job. This thing is AMAZING. And will all of Lavos's forms be level **, or will, say, his shell be level 90, his second form be level 95, and his final level **, or something? Eh. Cool either way. :) The only JRPG I've seen where you end the game at a really high level is .hack I/M/O/Q, and that's because they had to put a lot of filler in. Can't wait for the final release! :D

WELL, If I use an 8MB ROM, in theory I could add more location pointers and event scripts. That's in theory. If that can be done, I could expand the game 2x. I would scale stats up to Level 255. Level 99 = ** Level 199 = Silver ** and 255 = Golden **.

What will happen to Spekkio, though? I think that while his overall power should increase, he should be fought with skill rather than spamming your strongest attacks, like with almost every other boss battle ever... Except for Nus, sort of, (which I count as sort of mini-bosses. I believe their only attacks are the "HP to 1" headbutt thing and the poke that deals 1 damage, correct?) which would be fitting since his final form is a Nu! Perhaps he has something similar to Magus's barrier changes, only it's not blatantly stated which one you need to use? I'm sure you could pull something off. ;) Or not, if you wish. I just feel like with Lavos at level **, there is no longer any need for Spekkio's pink Nu form, and that makes me sad since I like Spekkio... :(

MagiMaster's "Wallchange" from FFVI anyone? I like the sound of that Chocobo_Fan.  :twisted:
Actually what I am doing is changing all the Spekkio Level. Pink Nu is now Level 80. Then I'm going to take the Frog version and hack it to peieces, make it ** and use the "Dark Grey Cat" Sprite. 

Thanks for all of the positive feedback everyone! :D Such good compliments helps keep me going.

~Z

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2008, 03:18:56 pm »
level 255 ? sounds like a load of levels so that means more tech points to learn each tech or more techs ?

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2008, 09:43:06 pm »
Erm... Level 255? That scares me... o_o I think you should just keep it at 99. Or, here's an idea: Maybe make ** = 100? That would make it nice and even. If that's possible. But defintely don't go higher than that. Level 255 is just...meep. o_o You'd hit the 9999 damage/999 HP/99 MP cap way too soon, as well. Unless you plan on breaking those, which would be interesting, but... Please don't go all the way to level 255. That's just too much.

And yeah, like I said about Schala: Too much story-changing. Bad idea. Now, in a separate fangame... But that's quite different.

Um... "Wallchange"? o.o? Me confuzzled. And aw, his final form really should be a Nu... It connects to both gameplay and story. (Nus are the strongest non-boss enemy, (I think. They give the most exp, though, correct...?) and they were also important figures in Zeal. Thus why Spekkio would change into it for his strongest form) Hm. As he is now, though, he's just another "Luminare, Dark Matter, Luminare, Dark Matter, heal, repeat" enemy. I'd like to see some real interesting strategy for him. (Perhaps to the point that you could beat stronger forms at lower levels! Maybe you could choose which form to fight. If you're smart enough, you could, say, beat his Masamune form when you're at his Omnicrone level. Or something) But eh. Your choice, have fun with it.

Well, anyway, looks wonderful, can't wait until Beta 1.1 comes out! ;)

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2008, 06:00:22 pm »
Erm... Level 255? That scares me... o_o I think you should just keep it at 99. Or, here's an idea: Maybe make ** = 100? That would make it nice and even. If that's possible. But defintely don't go higher than that. Level 255 is just...meep. o_o You'd hit the 9999 damage/999 HP/99 MP cap way too soon, as well. Unless you plan on breaking those, which would be interesting, but... Please don't go all the way to level 255. That's just too much.

I do plan on re-balancing EVERYTHING. 999HP happens way too soon otherwise.
Level 99 < is for when Elite Mode is enabled. Forgot to mention that. Elite mode will have some new un foretold horrors that appear only when you are playing under it.

Um... "Wallchange"? o.o? Me confuzzled. And aw, his final form really should be a Nu... It connects to both gameplay and story. (Nus are the strongest non-boss enemy, (I think. They give the most exp, though, correct...?) and they were also important figures in Zeal. Thus why Spekkio would change into it for his strongest form) Hm. As he is now, though, he's just another "Luminare, Dark Matter, Luminare, Dark Matter, heal, repeat" enemy. I'd like to see some real interesting strategy for him. (Perhaps to the point that you could beat stronger forms at lower levels! Maybe you could choose which form to fight. If you're smart enough, you could, say, beat his Masamune form when you're at his Omnicrone level. Or something) But eh. Your choice, have fun with it.

You do have a point there. Nu's have insane powers. If anyone here knows Taiji (Tai Chi) or QiGong (Chi Kung) then they'll know that Nus stand in a position called "Wu Chi" -- which means Emptiness or Void.

Alright a Dark Nu it is for the highest level.  :twisted:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 06:03:30 pm by Zakyrus »

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2008, 06:10:47 pm »
Ooo! Dark Nu! Sweeet

brifye19

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
  • The black wind howls again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2008, 03:45:03 am »
Can't do it. She's gone. RPGs without horrible demise and tragedy that happens to characters we love just aren't the same. It would be like getting General Leo back in FFVI.

Well said, thats a true Rpg'er right there!

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2008, 02:16:31 pm »
Well, I have to say, love how this is coming along. You guys know what you're doing, I'm sure you'll do a really great job! :D I'll have to see the epic proportions of Eternal End when the new beta comes out.

And, ooh, "Dark Nu"? That sounds...scary... o_o Is that going to be Spekkio's final form or a new monster?

P.S. What's "Wallchange"? I've never heard of it before.

DK_Donutlicious

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Good news, everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2008, 03:01:45 pm »
There is a boss in Final Fantasy VI which uses the move "Wallchange" wherein he changes his elemental weakness after being hit with whatever he happens to be weak to at the time. If you hit him with any other element, I believe he counters with some devastating move. So yea. That is Wallchange :)

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2008, 07:21:57 pm »
Woah, sounds sweet! And perfect for Spekkio, since he's the master of magic or whatever. (I'm always confused; he says he's the God of War, yet when you fight him, it's an entirely magical battle, AND he teaches you magic. Was he God of Magic in the original or something? o.O)

Edit: Ideas! I imagine you're making new techs, correct? Perhaps a "level 3" and "level 4" version of characters' elemental spells would be good. For example, for Crono you could do Lightning -> Spincut/Full Slash -> Lightnira -> Confuse/[something] -> Lightniga -> [new physical tech] -> Lightnija -> [new physical tech] -> Luminaire. Icega/Iceja for Marle would be nice too. Or a "level 5" ice attack, like Luminare or Flare. (And yes, I say "Icega" and "Lightinga" because it makes more sense to call them that. It always bugged me that they changed them to "Thunder" and "Blizzard" after FF7. I mean, seriously, are you summoning thunder, the sound, or are you summoning a bolt of lightning? Are you summoning a blizzard, or are you freezing your foe in a block of ice? Seriously... "Blizza-" and "Thunda-" sound better for "-ra", "-ga", and "-ja" suffixes, though. Perhaps make your own suffix system, independent of SE's? That would be nice...)

And what are you going to rely on for text/names? (Besides the stuff you add in) The Retranslation, or the regular translation? I'd recommend something like a fusion of the two. (For example, naming techs/items whatever version you think sounds cooler... For example, IMHO, "Full Slash" sounds better than "Spincut", but "Masamune" sounds better than "Grandleon"... etc. Your choice on what you plan to do, though. I'm glad that Glenn won't be speaking old English anymore, whatever version you decide to use)

P.S. Got to the End of Time (or "Farthest Reaches of Time") in the Retranslation. Spekkio still calls himself "God of War". I suppose that magic is used in war, but still... I think it would be more fitting if he was "God of Magic".
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 07:36:45 pm by Chocobo_Fan »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2008, 10:24:41 pm »
Edit: Ideas! I imagine you're making new techs, correct? Perhaps a "level 3" and "level 4" version of characters' elemental spells would be good. For example, for Crono you could do Lightning -> Spincut/Full Slash -> Lightnira -> Confuse/[something] -> Lightniga -> [new physical tech] -> Lightnija -> [new physical tech] -> Luminaire. Icega/Iceja for Marle would be nice too. Or a "level 5" ice attack, like Luminare or Flare. (And yes, I say "Icega" and "Lightinga" because it makes more sense to call them that. It always bugged me that they changed them to "Thunder" and "Blizzard" after FF7. I mean, seriously, are you summoning thunder, the sound, or are you summoning a bolt of lightning? Are you summoning a blizzard, or are you freezing your foe in a block of ice? Seriously... "Blizza-" and "Thunda-" sound better for "-ra", "-ga", and "-ja" suffixes, though. Perhaps make your own suffix system, independent of SE's? That would be nice...)

That's too Final Fantasy-ish for my taste.  As much as I love The FF series, it seems out of place for me in the Chronoverse.  The day I see Chocobo's, Moogle's, the Buster Sword, or anything else related to the FF series, I will want to bite something.  Hard.

And yes, I am aware that none of the above isn't necessarily only in the FF games, but appear in other SE games as well.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2008, 08:22:52 am »
Hm. Well, there will definitely be need for more techs if they're going all the way to level 255, whatever the case.

I dunno. We'll see what the team has up their sleeves. ;)

Edit: Even more ideas! Run...run while you still can... If there's more equipment as well, then perhaps you should change Prometheus's Terra Arm into Tera Arm... (Or whatever the word for quadrillion is, maybe! o.O) The "Terra" or "Gaia" thing for some items should still be there, though, since it's important that Crono and Co. are fighting for the planet. Perhaps give Marle a sidequest for her ultimate weapon, since currently it's not nearly as special as the others'. (You get it in a sealed box... I mean, come on, compared to everyone else's weapons, how lame is that?) Maybe call it "Terra Bow" or "Gaia Bow", perhaps.

Powerful armor that's planet-themed would be nice, too. Perhaps Rainbow armor has the best overall defense, but maybe "Terra" or "Gaia" armor would give an all-around boost to all stats or something.

Maybe those are too many ideas at once, though. :p You should have fun with this. It's a Work of Art, not a Product, remember that! See what you like or don't like about it. I'm a terrible programmerer/writer/spriter/hacker, though, so the only thing I can do is suggest stuff and cheer you on. Keep up the good work, though! *thumbs up*
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 05:45:06 pm by Chocobo_Fan »

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2008, 05:15:12 am »
i think zak has already made new weapons and armor

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2008, 07:02:23 pm »
i think zak has already made new weapons and armor

new super-weapons
-----------------------

Blades: Tsunami, Atom Edge, Infinity
Bows: MagicShot, Anubis, Orion, Artemis
Guns: Particle, Doomsday
Arms: AtlasArm
Scythes: Harvester, Repear

Armor: Aegis Armor, DivineRobe
Helms & Accessories: ?????

Techs:
Single Techs (I'll let it be a surprise, besides new techs will be added in 1.2 - as well as stat-tree rebalancing or Level 99 <)
more dual / triples , especially for Magus + other members.

Things like Slash + DarkBomb = Umber Strike,  or Luminair + Darkmatter = Ultima
Ice2+Darkbomb = Comet, etc, etc.

Names? I'm not going to deviate from the originals too much.

Dark Nu will probably be Spekkio's super-uber form.
God of War sounds ominous and better than Master of War. God of Magic may work...

Searing Chasm Update:

Well I got some wicked AI coded for the new enemy and it's red hot!
Trihorn is the name and toasting adventurers is their game -- and they don't play lightly!

As promised here's some screenshots of the battle as well as another few shots of the dungeon -- it's really starting to melt together, haha. I think after two years of working with TemporalFlux I finally have cave maps figured out...damn, they're such a pain to work with. Then you add lava on top of that, ouch! I have litteraly redone this map 30 times until I came up with something that looks decent. ...so many wasted hours...er days. Oh well, it's all worth it in the end result. The dungeon is relitively small, but with the Valley of Giants map in addition to these tough enemies I estimate it takes about 45 minutes to complete everything. Not bad for just two maps, now THAT is econimizing. ;)

~Z
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 07:07:44 pm by Zakyrus »