Author Topic: ChronoTrigger+ Eternal End  (Read 36809 times)

Dombattag

• Earthbound (+15)
  • I'm new, So what?
    • View Profile
Re: ChronoTrigger+ Eternal End Beta1
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 11:12:09 pm »
some of the notes that came with the latest update weren't updated. One of them even says to expect demo 3 in September!  :shock:

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 11:35:34 pm »
some of the notes that came with the latest update weren't updated. One of them even says to expect demo 3 in September!  :shock:

Whoops. I knew I was forgetting something... (I was probably asleep when I went over it)
Well, knowing me there'll be another CT+ update shortly...I'll take note to update all documents as well.

Sailor Phantom

• Porrean (+50)
  • I am Sailor Phantom of Middle Earth!
    • View Profile
    • Sailor Phantom's DA
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 12:18:37 am »
Well, I found some intersting bugs.
When everyone is going to leave, the text goes nuts, about half you can't read and the rest are quotes from the game.

And it acts like that until Crono stands next to Lucca and Marle and the game stops but the music continues.

Suckatude. I'll look into it, I never said this Beta was flawless. Though, I never encountered this...I'll see what I can do to reproduce it. I see that you made it to the end though...any other problems while playing this?
There was one other thing in the Black Omen, but I didn't think much of it. The game froze when Magus gained a level. I continued on, tried it again, and it kept going like normal. I didn't take a screen shot and I forgot where it was. I'd have to play it through again :D to remember any other bugs I came across. I was focused on beating Lavos. Btw, the intro, is awesome.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 12:35:11 am »
There was one other thing in the Black Omen, but I didn't think much of it. The game froze when Magus gained a level. I continued on, tried it again, and it kept going like normal. I didn't take a screen shot and I forgot where it was. I'd have to play it through again :D to remember any other bugs I came across.

Level gain happened to me once. Though I was fast-forwarding the game when it happened. I haven't come across it again, yet.

I was focused on beating Lavos. Btw, the intro, is awesome.

Thanks!!  :D

Sailor Phantom

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • Sailor Phantom's DA
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2008, 12:53:46 am »
Thought I'd do some more exploring this round and when I went to the Zenan bridge the music stopped and when I left (to Truce) I got the black screen of death. That's all for now. If I find any more, it'll be tomorrow.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2008, 01:12:08 am »
Thought I'd do some more exploring this round and when I went to the Zenan bridge the music stopped and when I left (to Truce) I got the black screen of death. That's all for now. If I find any more, it'll be tomorrow.

Ok cool. But let's use the bug thread topic for reporting bugs

Bug Report Thread

This topic should be used more for discussing the hack in general.

dankun

• Guardian (+100)
  • Male...female......what's the difference?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2008, 02:26:23 am »
This topic should be used more for discussing the hack in general.

Right. Let's start discussing the hack then.

I was going to ask you if it would be necessary to start a completely new game with this version... but once I saw the unbelievablyawesome intro for the new hack: I was sold!! Seriously... and here I was thinking that they were not going to be that many differences. I guess it's a good thing I never finished the alpha version (as I really don't like exhausting any RPG's contents through long continuous hours of play time). To be honest, I only got to the part that I just mentioned where you have to fight Heckran and found the glitch I described. Anyway, I remembered reading something about that in the bug report thread of the first demo and I just thought I should mention it. I honestly didn't even notice it in the first demo, but like I said, I found by accident and decided to post about it, just in case.

Anywho, I would just really like to say that this hack is shaping up to be the greatest rom hack I've ever played!! Seriously.... from what little cutscenes I saw from the alpha version: pure genius!! I almost feel unworthy of it... Thank you Zakyrus for sharing something so amazing with the all of us (that literally took hundred of hours of your spare time to create) You are the one with immortal status in everyone's eyes from this community.

Now there is one thing that did strike me as a somewhat big difference between versions released: difficulty. The new hack seems to lack the added edge of tough monsters the alpha version had. However, I have just played very little of the new hack and have only gone trough Guardia Forest, so this is of course, a first impression. I can't really say which one I prefer (the other one was a bit on the tough side); nevertheless, I shall still enjoy this hack no matter what! And I guess I'm also kinda hoping my first impression is wrong and this hack is just a bit more balanced.

Sailor Phantom

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • Sailor Phantom's DA
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2008, 02:46:21 am »
Will do. Should I go ahead and put what I said here in that thread?

Oh, and THANK YOU for doing this! It is so awesome!! I don't know if I'll be able to play the normal CT again. XD

KingKongFu

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2008, 11:06:47 pm »
Hey, what happened to the enhanced dialogue between the two little Imps (or whatever they're called) before you come out of their closet for the first time? I want it back.  :)

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2008, 12:44:38 pm »
Hey, what happened to the enhanced dialogue between the two little Imps (or whatever they're called) before you come out of their closet for the first time? I want it back.  :)

It vanished for some retarded reason. It'll be back in 1.1

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2008, 08:52:36 pm »
is it bad that i'm holding out for version 1.1?

KingKongFu

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2008, 11:12:39 pm »
You know what else should be included in the next or so version of CT+? There should be an additional cut-scene of Marle being transported to 600 AD. You get to control Marle for a while, going to townhouses and restaurants, and I guess one of the people would "recognize" Marle, in other words, mistake her for the kidnapped Queen Leene, report the news that the "Queen" has returned. The cut-scene should be placed either immediately after Marle accidentally gets transported, or when Crono first finds Marle in the castle in Leene's room, or when Crono and Lucca find her back in the room after the death of Yakra. She would then tell her story to Crono and Lucca, and then would come the cut-scene. Anyway, thanks for considering this.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2008, 12:06:13 am »
You know what else should be included in the next or so version of CT+? There should be an additional cut-scene of Marle being transported to 600 AD. You get to control Marle for a while, going to townhouses and restaurants, and I guess one of the people would "recognize" Marle, in other words, mistake her for the kidnapped Queen Leene, report the news that the "Queen" has returned. The cut-scene should be placed either immediately after Marle accidentally gets transported, or when Crono first finds Marle in the castle in Leene's room, or when Crono and Lucca find her back in the room after the death of Yakra. She would then tell her story to Crono and Lucca, and then would come the cut-scene. Anyway, thanks for considering this.

This is already planned, that is IF I have enough room in the rom. Another cutscene or two that will be added to the intro are: Marle sneaking out of Guardia Castle and Lucca and Taban setting up the Telepod.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2008, 11:19:14 am »
Omg Yey! I love this Rom Hack so much! :mrgreen:

anclunn

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2008, 08:14:42 pm »
hmmm.  Can't download the hack.  Must have stopped being hosted... dang.