Author Topic: has any here played the actual playable demo of chrono resurrection?  (Read 3129 times)

Mitchr90

• Guardian (+100)
  • I am here to protest beauty pageant sexism
    • View Profile
i dont know if youve all seen this and if its old news or not
ive known of the project for quite some time now (including its cease and desist), but today i came across a video of the playable demo of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YELRuYNBRDk
has anyone on this site ever had the chance to play it, it looked to be very promising!

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: has any here played the actual playable demo of chrono resurrection?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 12:46:17 am »
I've never seen that......it's beautiful.

I saw the movie but never the playable demo.

--JP

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 01:04:32 am »
Well, it says at the beginning that it's a "private demo". So I don't think any of us have gotten to play it.

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 01:26:44 am »
I've never seen that......it's beautiful.

I saw the movie but never the playable demo.

--JP
Beautiful it is ^^

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 02:31:56 am »
*watches video*  Oh man...I was so devastated after CTR was shut down, but this is beautiful...  Square denied us this picture of beauty.  *cries*

Someone, quick!  PLEASE, make a Chrono remake in secret!  Then release it before Square has a chance to stop you!  *sniffles*

Decadent Sympozium

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Apotheosis of Judgment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 10:43:01 am »
Everything works..except I don't know who does them the music (ok I do but just saying it that way).It's horrible.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 11:08:57 am »
yeah, ctr was amazing...  the screens were amazing...

i know they were supposed to release a demo that consisted of 10 boss fights from different points in the game.  later on they were going to release the full game...

however, we all know how THAT turned out...

*sigh*

Mixmasta_K

• Porrean (+50)
  • T H I N K
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 12:12:03 am »
I'm glad they had the nuts to release a demo after being snuffed by Square-Enix. Sure, it's a massive loss, but at least you know that there are game makers of that caliber who have the talent to remake a classic game without ruining it. :)

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 02:54:00 pm »
Oh, wow! God, the music! THE MUSIC! Somehow, I swiped the Resurrection's 'Corridors of Time' before, but... wow! C-can I just, you know, kidnap Matthew Valente? Please? The CC music thrown in, though... it rattles my brain. (I DISTINCTLY heard Star-Stealing Girl)

... oh right! Cross music! *woosh!*

4th Triforce piece

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 04:20:11 pm »
I think, it would have been better for all our health mentally if they never made the game in the first place so we wouldn't have to go through this since this is a mean world with major Corps. :(    D--- you Square:

If anyone higher up from Square is reading this; they weren't going to hurt you that much in the first place in fact this game would have kept CT alive at least online even if you can't make a dime off of it Square!
 It's not healthy to go from high to low real fast, We humans are just not made for it.  We are made for balance.   Someone should try to finish or redo it in a members only group where they do it through PM and release it when it's done so if Square shuts them down then people can have copies.  Or maybe give copies through PM only and not have a website,  hmmmm; It's going to take a long time that's for sure but it will be worth the 3yr wait.   

It's like having the car made and you can't put on the tires or engine due to a certain company from barring you.   Comparing this to making a car, How far did the CTR team made their ahem "car"? anyways?   Did they manage to get to the engine part yet?   
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 04:23:24 pm by 4th Triforce piece »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, 05:13:03 pm »
I think that the rumors that the 3D remakes (CTR or CTRP, I always got the two confused) WERE going to somehow make moneys off of it might have drawn the attention of Square. Or, like everyone knows, if they hadn't released so much to the general (& stupid) public so soon before they had a finished product...I've always been one who felt very meh about the whole thing. Square was obviously totally within their rights. If you don't uphold your copyrights, you'll get asked what's the point of having them at all?

4th Triforce piece

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2008, 07:01:41 pm »
THEY WERE TRYING TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF IT? you NEVER do that with a fan project unless the mony is for bandiwith services and the actuall program itself should never be charged.  No wonder Square got after them, They were breaking every law of how not to make a fan game. 

You mean they released tons of info real early that sounds bad simply cause that will cause overhype but on the other hand, people should have a progress bar that shows any progress in a project like 45% completed so the public would know how far the game is and they will updated it like once a week.

I would love to see sites that do that.  Instead of sitting idel until it's looking like it's abandoned.  To make matters worse those sites have fans that are too optimistic where they dont' look at the POV of an outsider if somebody does wonder about updated.   

They get screamed at like the outsider is the reincarnation of

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 06:24:24 pm by 4th Triforce piece »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2008, 07:11:00 pm »
4th Triforce Piece, do you know where we can confirm that CT:R was a for-profit project? That's the first I've heard of the team actually planning to cash in on Square's intellectual property.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 07:14:55 pm »
I never heard that either, but isn't a project allowed to cover their losses, just never profit.

4th Triforce piece

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2008, 08:18:30 pm »
What are you like blind? Read V's post above mine and then you will know what I am talking about.