Author Topic: My first attempt at a Chrono Trigger Wallpaper  (Read 3076 times)

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
My first attempt at a Chrono Trigger Wallpaper
« on: February 13, 2008, 04:52:33 pm »
So any ways after seeing all the artists here making wallpapers I thought I'd take a crack at it. I made everything except the ship, which I borrowed obviously. Tell me what you think!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: My first attempt at a Chrono Trigger Wallpaper
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 04:56:06 pm »
Egg-cellent. I really like the swirly distortion between the Epoch and the gate.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 08:10:51 pm »
LENS FLARE!

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 08:44:47 pm »
LENS FLARE!
Yes, it is... and now my next picture:

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 09:17:06 pm »
Definitely love the second one.

Only erk is the text is a bit tough to read, unless it just shrunk down due to being posted. I dunno.

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 11:58:20 am »
Definitely love the second one.

Only erk is the text is a bit tough to read, unless it just shrunk down due to being posted. I dunno.

Made the text easier to read as per your suggestion.  :)

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 08:09:32 pm »
A picture I call "The Entity". Enjoy!  :D

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 09:13:13 pm »
I kind of like the second one, though I've seen wallpapers like it before...The quote chosen is kind of a long one...and really, do you need it to be "quoted" exactly? I mean, anyone who'd want it is going to know 1) those are pics of Magus & 2) Magus said that line. Putting the quotes around it & identifying who you're quoting seems redundant to me...but w/e...I'm a nitpicker by nature (not 'cuz I hate 'ya ^_^)...

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 09:17:20 pm »
seconds not bad.

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 09:31:14 pm »
I'm curious as to what you used to make the third one.

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 09:40:35 pm »
I'm curious as to what you used to make the third one.
Photoshop. To be specific I used the following functions (some used more than once.): Standard brush tool (used a *lot*), Wave, Find Edges, Zoom Blur, Gaussian Blur, Clouds, Hue/Saturation, Brightness/Contrast and Difference Clouds. Plus I played around with the layer effects.

I kind of like the second one, though I've seen wallpapers like it before...The quote chosen is kind of a long one...and really, do you need it to be "quoted" exactly? I mean, anyone who'd want it is going to know 1) those are pics of Magus & 2) Magus said that line. Putting the quotes around it & identifying who you're quoting seems redundant to me...but w/e...I'm a nitpicker by nature (not 'cuz I hate 'ya ^_^)...

Its okay. I'm asking for critical review anyways, so its all good. :) Besides I'm not going to get any better if I don't get a criticism once in a while.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 10:10:05 pm by BROJ »

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 10:15:42 pm »
Doublepost: Its come to my attention that my picture *are* suffering in quality due to the forums shrinking my pictures. For those who don't know (those who do know don't reply saying I already knew that.) to view in *true quality* right click on picture ->view image (or other equivalent.)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 10:54:50 pm »
Ooh, the Entity wallpaper reminds me of Deus from Xenogears for some reason -- the basic outline of the ghostly shape you have there and the Lavos-like baddie are similar. Is this the Entity's "form," i.e., could it be considered something that is at one with the planet yet apart from it, at least in the context of this work? Definitely my favorite of what you've posted so far.

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 12:56:53 am »
Ooh, the Entity wallpaper reminds me of Deus from Xenogears for some reason -- the basic outline of the ghostly shape you have there and the Lavos-like baddie are similar. Is this the Entity's "form," i.e., could it be considered something that is at one with the planet yet apart from it, at least in the context of this work? Definitely my favorite of what you've posted so far.

Ooh, the Entity wallpaper reminds me of Deus from Xenogears for some reason -- the basic outline of the ghostly shape you have there and the Lavos-like baddie are similar.
It does seem reminiscent of Deus, doesn't it? :wink: But, I can assure you its only coincidence.

Is this the Entity's "form," i.e., could it be considered something that is at one with the planet yet apart from it, at least in the context of this work?
I imagined it as such: A being not only connected, but part of the planet with its fate mutually inclusive with the planet, only you or I could not observe it as its existence only becomes apparent at higher dimensions (e.g. a waveform existence).

Definitely my favorite of what you've posted so far.
Thank you!  :)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 11:22:20 am »
BROJ, the waveform existence idea is pure and utter awesomeness. I've always thought the same about the Entity. I wonder if Kato had something like this in mind, or if the planet = Entity is "pure" naturalism, i.e., we are to take it that the earth itself, the trees, vines, and rivers, have some sort of animistic consciousness. How very interesting; I'm not sure what concrete evidence could be applied to this discussion. Anyway, wallpaper saved.