Author Topic: What I'd Like To See In The Next Chrono Trigger Game  (Read 2542 times)

Joseph Silver

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
What I'd Like To See In The Next Chrono Trigger Game
« on: September 16, 2007, 06:15:00 pm »
It would be nice if Chrono Trigger 3 had a journal that recorded vital information that you, the player, might forget.  One of the biggest problems of Chrono Cross is figuring out what to do next.  Too many times have I asked myself, "WTF do I do next?"

Or, instead of a journal, perhaps Gaspar could play the role of the Wise Old Man again?  Gaspar was quite useful in Chrono Trigger by giving the player hints on what to do next.  Belthasar could've played this role in Chrono Cross, but oddly, he didn't, leading me to ask "WTF do I do next?" one too many times.

What do you think?

LatiasLord

• Porrean (+50)
  • I'm not very useful, OK?
    • View Profile
Re: What I'd Like To See In The Next Chrono Trigger Game
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 07:52:05 pm »
eh, I don't forget things like that.

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 09:54:54 pm »
MORE PLAYABLE CHARACTERS

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 02:11:06 am »
if it has characters from cross then cutting them down to a number close to the number ff6 had, and giving them equal or greater development than ff6 pulled off.

aside from that a battle system like a mesh between xenosaga, trigger and cross would be nice if done well.

that and more routes through the story you can take.

too bad we're more likely to see SC:Ghost (lol dead) come out before another chronoverse game >_>

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 12:27:11 pm »
I find it funny that the title says 'Next Chrono Trigger Game'.

I want to see Melchior play a big role, but I'd also love to see some amazing new worlds, rather than anything nostalgic. I liked how Cross pulled that off in many ways.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 09:30:42 pm »
The number one thing: IT COMING INTO BEING!!! Also, it'd be NUMBER FOUR, people, THE CHRONO SERIES IS ALREADY A TRILOGY!!!

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 06:53:43 am »
I don't want a new Chrono Trigger game. Yuji Horii also stated that he doesn't want one either anyway. I want a new Chrono game.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 12:05:00 pm »
I don't want a new Chrono Trigger game. Yuji Horii also stated that he doesn't want one either anyway. I want a new Chrono game.

I second this.

I'm more interested in the concept of brand new characters and a new theme (like Cross did with the world-jumping).

Joseph Silver

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 10:32:57 pm »
Must we split hairs over semantics?  You know exactly what I'm talking about; another Chrono game.  For all intents and purposes, Chrono Cross is Chrono Trigger 2, and the next game will be Chrono Trigger 3.

Anyway, I'd like a game set in the newly-created Ideal Timeline.  Perhaps the time travelers of this timeline would eventually band together to protect it?  The new Chrono game could borrow the concept of the Temporal Prime Directive from Star Trek, perhaps even the Temporal Cold War or something.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 05:28:09 am »
No, Chrono Cross is not Chrono Trigger 2, that was Kato's whole point in making the game the way it was made. He managed to make a sequel to CT without it being a CT2.

Quote from: Kato in the CC Ultimania
Kato – CT wasn’t just me (Square), but Yuji Hori and Akira Toriyama were also involved in creating it. If these members met again right now, I think a serious attempt to make a CT 2 is not at all a realistic possibility. When talking with the producer Tanaka about the possibility of making a new Chrono game, I was requested to do in the storyline vein of Radical Dreamers (RD).
Quote from: Kato in the CC OST liner notes
Chrono Cross is not a Chrono Trigger 2. It's a result of a pulled trigger. It's another "Chrono".

Frog Lady

• Iokan (+1)
  • "We haveth our own will!
    • View Profile
    • My fanfic, The Long Weekend
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 06:24:19 am »
No, Chrono Cross is not Chrono Trigger 2, that was Kato's whole point in making the game the way it was made. He managed to make a sequel to CT without it being a CT2.

I think we're gettig off the point here. Didn't we just want to debate what we would want to see in the game? I personally think that I'd love to have another Chrono Cross like thing but maybe not so confusing...

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 06:24:52 am »
The next Chrono Trigger should be totally DQVIII style. I like the whole journal idea, which was sorta also in DQ. Art style should be like it too.

Vaij

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 04:44:26 pm »
Things I would like to see in the next Chrono game?

1. Finish the story of Magus(possibly main playable character?)
2. A battle system more similar to CC.
3. Maybe exploring Lavos' home planet?
4. Yasunori Mitsuda on the soundtrack.

Blackcaped_imp

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2007, 01:11:59 am »
I would like something, maybe, like IT in the stores someday?? I just want it to be produced, i trust guys like kato and Hori in the details, just do it!!
Note: Yasunori Mitsuda has to be there as well.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 08:56:04 am »
I would like something, maybe, like IT in the stores someday?? I just want it to be produced, i trust guys like kato and Hori in the details, just do it!!
Note: Yasunori Mitsuda has to be there as well.

Horii doesn't want to make a new Chrono game. He stated that all the things he wants to do can already be done in Dragon Quest games.