Poll

Rate Marcy on a scale of A (best) to D (worst).

A
0 (0%)
B
8 (47.1%)
C
7 (41.2%)
D
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: CLOSED - Rate Cross Characters 19: Marcy  (Read 1838 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
CLOSED - Rate Cross Characters 19: Marcy
« on: September 04, 2007, 08:06:11 pm »
Evaluate Marcy based on her character design, combat usefulness, and Tilt factor -- which can mean anything, from how much she strikes you as cool to how important she is to the plot.

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Marcy.html

« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 12:17:12 am by ZeaLitY »

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Rate Cross Characters 19: Marcy
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 08:08:17 pm »
Design: She's just a kid, too many of them in this game I say.

Combat: She's tough for a kid, I'll give her that.

Tilt: She had some backstory, involving Nikki and Fargo, but that's about it.

Final Grade: C

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 08:27:18 pm »
Character Design - A cutesy little girl with kinda cool armor and those Chun-Li thingies in her hair with ribbony stuff on 'em. Big pleated puffy dress with a giant bow on the back...It's kinda cool how on her armor, one breastplate is all steel (/silver/whatever)...though I think they should have changed the design to the right breast when they changed which arm held her shield...but I suppose it doesn't matter in-game...

Combat Usefulness - She uses gloves and it kinda fits her temperamental attitude. She apparently likes pounding things with her fists. Her Techs are kinda cool looking too, but they all kinda revolve around that stupid string game little girls play...y'know where they tie their fingers with string into various shapes & what-not...I believe Cat's Cradle is one of them...but whatever...I still like the look of the Techs even if their names are stupid. I guess her first Tech is actually based on string phones or something...equally stupid name, though to be sure...

Tilt Factor - Marcella>Marcy...another name I was unawares of that they changed...I'm totally going to have to change Magness for this (so then all of my main characters will have their original or different names: Gil, Kaeru, Elle, Mayonnaise, & Marcella)...Yeah, I don't know exactly why I chose Marcy for Magness aside from the fact that I knew there would be some parts that would be at least a few years past the events of CC (I believe I made it 1024) so I thought a slightly more grown up Marcy might be a fun character to pal around with my Magus/Gil character...anyways...she's kind of an annoying character in CC with mild character development. I'll be generous with this one though...

Final Grade - B
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 08:29:44 pm by V_Translanka »

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 09:37:38 pm »
Design: I like all of the designs from this game, and li'l Marcy's no different.

Combat: Wouldn't know, never bothered to get her.

Tilt: Would be a pretty cool villian NPC, but pretty forgettable in the long run. Even in all the family drama with Nikki, she's exceptionally optional.

Overall: C

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 05:10:43 pm »
Design: Nothing special.

Combat: Never used her.

Tilt: A little bit of backstory and frequent hatred of your party is fine. Again, nothing special, but nothing too annoying either.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 05:23:25 pm »
Oh damn...I started to do this the other day then got sidetracked and never came back. Better do it!

Character Design: She has this look on her face that screams spoiled brat...it really bugs me. The shield is a nice touch, but otherwise, her design is that of a spoiled rich kid who ought to be knocked down a few pegs before her spoiled habits set in for life.

Combat Usefulness: I couldn't stand her, so I refused to use her.

Tilt: Her only saving grace is the fact that she's Nikki's younger sister, and thus Fargo's daughter. Other than that, she's completely pointless, and even rather idiotic all things considered. Really, who would let a kid become a dragoon, let alone a Deva? It's not as if she displays any special talents beyond an extreme amount of whining...which only brings to mind Verruca Salt, someone else I couldn't stand.

Still, the fact that she's Nikki's sister saves her from a D, but barely.