Author Topic: Huge Update! Crisis, Art, Mana, Symphonic, Cross Tools, Azala, RD+, Bookmarks  (Read 5125 times)

Lena Andreia

• Porrean (+50)
  • Radical Dreamer
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Ark Forums
 Ohhh, if he knows how to do that, that'd be awesome. Daniel's never had to mask a URL before (as all he's done 'til now is host our images for the forum), so he's definitely open to ideas. I of course am a web newbie when it comes to websites. LOL

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Congratulations to you and your team, Lena! The new site looks great, and I am more excited about Chrono Crisis than I have ever been for a fan game. I'm also thrilled to hear that you folks would consider doing a derivative work instead of a direct Chrono game in the event of a C&D (which I fear may be more likely than you realize).

All my best for your continued success on the project!

And, on a personal note, kudos to you specifically Lena for moving outta the corporate world and giving your own desires a fly. They deserve at least that much! As somebody who has been a corporate cog and a soaring freelancer alike, I know well the importance of doing work that one loves, in an environment that energizes rather than dements a person. Good luck!

One question: Maybe I'm living in the dinosaur age, but isn't RPG Maker XP limited to Windows systems above 98 SE? If so, is it really possible to play RPG XP games on something like Win 98, like your sys requirements page says?

Lena Andreia

• Porrean (+50)
  • Radical Dreamer
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Ark Forums
 I wouldn't know specifically--our programmer wrote the system requirements. It may be possible, but I don't have a compy with Win98 installed to test it on. XD

And I gotta say, being my own boss is awesome. I just wish I was kinder to myself. LOL I stay up all night working. XD
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 06:53:20 am by Lena Andreia »

Ramsus

Nah, we can't figure out how to mask his URL without the Crisis website taking over his homepage. Once we figure it out we'll mask it.

That's a hosting configuration issue, so there's probably nothing he can do if he's using simple shared-hosting. Normally you just set up virtual hosting so when the site sees a request with "chrono-crisis.com" in the URL, it uses the directory with the chrisis files as root. With Apache, it's easy to do by editing the config files (I do it on my laptop so I can use http://cc/ http://dev/ and http://nm/ to access my local development sites), and with Windows IIS (sp?), you just add a new site configuration to the server. Then you just edit the domain's nameserver configuration to point the domain to the hosting account's IP address instead of using a redirection service.

He should see if his account setup tools (i.e. cPanel and what not) let him add subdomains and then bind other domains as aliases. Once that's setup, you just have to set up the nameserver for the domain so it points to the IP address for his hosting account's server.

If not, then there's nothing you can do about it. Which is fine, since it's only a minor cosmetic issue.

Chains Of Fate

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Chronologically Correct
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Crisis Forums
Actually, Lena, I got the system requirements from RPG Maker XP itself in the help file. XD

This is what it says:

Minimum System Requirements

Operating system Microsoft® Windows® 98/98SE/Me/2000/XP
Processor PC with 800MHz Intel® Pentium® III or higher
RAM At least 128 MB
Video adapter 1024x768 or better video resolution in High Color mode
Sound card DirectSound-compatible sound card
Free hard disk space At least 100 MB

* These specifications may not be sufficient to play some games comfortably.

Recommended System RequirementsOperating system Microsoft® Windows® XP
Processor PC with 1.5GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 equivalent or higher processor
RAM At least 256 MB
Video adapter 1024×768 or better video resolution in True Color mode
Sound card DirectSound-compatible sound card
Free hard disk space At least 500MB

Thank you for your good wishes, Lord J Esq. ^^ It's so cool to see my project reaching such heights!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 02:17:37 pm by Chains Of Fate »

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Chrono Crisis continues to amaze me. Such a project; I wish you the best of luck in continuing.

Lena Andreia

• Porrean (+50)
  • Radical Dreamer
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Ark Forums
 LOL--sorry about that Chains. Radox has Raiju credited for the system requirements in the FAQs for some reason.

Chains Of Fate

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Chronologically Correct
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Crisis Forums
No worries. XD

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
It'd be awesome if we could somehow centralize a physical Chrono community so that we could, like, raise moneys to buy all the crappy merch for our peoples to Ooooh and Aaaah over...somehow...A CHRONO MUSEUM!!!