Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 492501 times)

Battler

• Iokan (+1)
  • Breast Sommelier
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #4410 on: October 30, 2009, 11:01:50 pm »
I'm not trying to spray some homophobic propaganda but one of my friends from highschool, a really big, masculine guy has been on my facebook friends list for awhile now, and he came out of the closet awhile ago. Now I couldn't give two dicks if he's gay or not, but he goes out of his way to update his status every five minutes with how much people "oppress the gay community" and whines about how he can't find a boyfriend. Keep in mind this man is like 6'4'' and over 300 pounds easily.

Unless you live in Tennessee or Afghanistan, local culture doesn't tend to oppress homosexuality. In fact, one could say it embraces it or even favors it, with the popular trend now being for all men to shed their manliness in exchange for skinny jeans and swooped hair.

I urge my fellow men to join me and sport your five o'clock shadows and ass scratching. We're here, we're straight, get used to it!

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: October 30, 2009, 11:24:31 pm »
but mia doesnt like it when i have facial hair and neither do i.
and my butt always smells funny.
and skinny jeans help cut sperm count (i think).
and swooped hair is hot. but i prefer mine long and done in a ponytail.

agh. flying pigs are letting up, but i now have a horrendous pain in my neck. owowowowow   :(

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: October 31, 2009, 04:11:59 am »
I am greatly dislike being alone on holidays or festivities. It makes me all depressed.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: October 31, 2009, 04:35:57 am »
I actually dressed up as The Crow:

But the one person I'd hoped would get a chance to see it didn't, and won't be back until after the weekend's over.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4414 on: October 31, 2009, 12:05:02 pm »
Whyyyyyyyyy are they fucking re-roofing the apartment complex now?

Are they fucking stupid? Why in the middle of a goddamn Fall semester on Halloween? Why not in fucking summer?

Their fucking noise and constant hammering and goddamned generator or whatever right outside my fucking window making noise, and the talking next to my goddamn window which has been paper-thin in terms of soundproofing forever, godfjhklsghg

Stooooooooooop iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

You fucking bastards, go away; fucking roof the goddamn building when there's no one here and stop throwing hazardous fucking debris off the side of the goddamn building you worthless fucks

Come ooooooooon, it's like fate is conspiring to prevent me from having any decent sleep in the last 48 hours

FfffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

i'll make yo uregret htis

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #4415 on: October 31, 2009, 02:00:22 pm »
Quote from: Battler
Unless you live in Tennessee or Afghanistan, local culture doesn't tend to oppress homosexuality. In fact, one could say it embraces it or even favors it, with the popular trend now being for all men to shed their manliness in exchange for skinny jeans and swooped hair.

I urge my fellow men to join me and sport your five o'clock shadows and ass scratching. We're here, we're straight, get used to it!

I'll try to make this short and concise without patronizing you. If I fail at the latter, then you have my apologies.

I understand your thought process here; it's one shaped by popular culture, especially the "Sitcom Ideology" of today. It's tempting when in the majority to overlook the problems of the minority, and to think that society over all has escaped the prejudices of yesterday. It's a pattern I've fallen into many times, and I've found that, with a little perspective, there's more antipathy out there than I cared to acknowledge.

I mentioned the "Sitcom Ideology" briefly, and a proper example of that would be the TV show Will and Grace. It often glorified the life of a homosexual(a flaming one at that) as the cocktail party, and flamboyant one that many Americans see today. It didn't, however, show any of the demeaning treatment that homosexuals often receive(aside from when the titular character went into a Red State, which, in the mind of the show's very liberal producer, automatically meant that ignorance and bigotry abounded).

As I have been in the past, I'm hesitant to use the word "oppression" in this context, but if there's anything that the Prop 8 snafu showed, it's that the struggle for homosexuals to gain equal rights is still a bitterly fought battle.

Battler

• Iokan (+1)
  • Breast Sommelier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: October 31, 2009, 03:14:11 pm »
That's very lucid of you to say, Truthordeal, and I'll have to admit you're probably right. I was speaking off of a generalization, I apologize.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: October 31, 2009, 03:31:32 pm »
Did Truthordeal just...?
Did I just see...?

I think I need a drink.

*sips herbal tea*

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: October 31, 2009, 03:47:40 pm »
Did Truthordeal just...?
Did I just see...?

I think I need a drink.

*sips herbal tea*

I totally knew this was going to happen.

Good job, T.O., you broke Josh.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: October 31, 2009, 03:50:08 pm »
Crap, that means my warranty's voided.

*surprise Korean nuclear attack atomizes Seattle*

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: October 31, 2009, 04:06:43 pm »
Truth, excellent job identifying and analyzing this "Sitcom Ideology." That post was deconstruction at its finest. Sitcoms are something I really haven't seen too much of outside of Frasier and its playful mockery of the wealthy, so now I'm really interested in what other series(es?) have to say about various other social issues.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: October 31, 2009, 06:11:31 pm »
Truthordeal is just going as a liberal for Halloween, and is role playing now.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: October 31, 2009, 08:09:18 pm »
Couples who do nothing but watch TV and movies together.  Do they seriously have nothing to say to each other??  One of my screecher roommates is one half of such a couple.  They're either tickling each other and shrieking or sitting in silence watching the TV.  And her boyfriend is over here literally all.the.fucking.time and so from the past two months I've seen them constantly together I've grasped that this is pretty much the extent of their relationship.

It just annoys me.  Don't you want to actually talk to the person you're with?  Don't you want to find out more about them--about their family and opinions and fears and hopes?  Or even just shoot the shit with them and laugh together?  You can't really learn much about a person through sitting next to them watching a damn screen.

I think it's lame.  And I'm also jealous.  They spend all this time together while I haven't seen D in almost a month.  I really miss him.  :(  Unlike Screecher and her Tool Box boyfriend, D and I actually have conversations that consist of more than "What do you want to watch?".

Frustration::  boring couples and long-distance relationships.

kando

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: October 31, 2009, 09:17:33 pm »
whyyyyyyyyyyy the fkkk do people believe the bullshit that politicians send via mail and play by tv...

why isnt lying in those illegal!!! its "free speech"...grr...

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #4424 on: October 31, 2009, 09:43:53 pm »
whyyyyyyyyyyy the fkkk do people believe the bullshit that politicians send via mail and play by tv...

why isnt lying in those illegal!!! its "free speech"...grr...

If politicians were unable to lie, they'd all be out of a job.