Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 480353 times)

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #435 on: September 10, 2008, 06:36:06 pm »
Actually, it is very easy to get an A on every test, homework, etc, and still fail a class (the joy of bell curves).

But that aside, did you keep your homework and tests? If so, you can add up everything yourself and if your calculations don't match hers, first ask her to explain how you got such a low grade and, if that doesn't reveal where the shenanigans are, involve a school official (Principal, Vice, etc). With documentation of what you earned, you should be able to get a better grade. Fight!

I've had to do that myself. Went from a D- to a B+ just by asking the teacher to show me how I had such a low grade (she never did show me, which implies to me that she was full of it).

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 10, 2008, 06:43:48 pm »
I've done the math, and right now I should have a 96.2%, opposed to my current 60.0% (A little odd that it's a straight 60, no?)

She's full of it, I know she is. I don't know why, I've never acted out in her class, or any class for that matter. I'm a straight A student, and the only time I've ever been in any kind of detention was for self-defense. Maybe I killed her mother in a past life, I don't know. Or maybe she's just a stone cold bitch.

teaflower

• Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 10, 2008, 07:12:41 pm »
I hate math teachers, too. But hey, somehow I did almost no homework, got 80% average for tests, and got out of Algebra with a C.

Add up the scores, rub it in her face, tell the principal she's an evil bitch who gives you a 60 when you should be on the honor roll (from the looks of that grade), and so on. But here's another thing. Maybe she feels you don't participate (bull, I know, but many teachers I know give poor grades if you sleep in their class, even if you do the homework and are great on tests. ... hi.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 10, 2008, 07:24:56 pm »
In high school I never did a single piece of Homework in math, I just got perfects on tests and projects. I had teachers trying to fail me when test/quizzes and project make up any where to 70%-90%(depending on the class) for the total grade. They don't like people doing as well if not better then everyone else when you doing less work., which I understand to an extent.

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 10, 2008, 07:30:32 pm »
But that's the thing, i'm doing all the work. And I'm not a wallflower, I answer questions when I feel like it. I stilll can't understand why she's doing it.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 10, 2008, 07:45:51 pm »
Bring it to the principal. You do all your work, you answer questions, and you get a D?! Unless you're not telling us something, your teacher hates your guts and is biased. I hate biased teachers! Like there was a girl in a theatre class with my sister. She ALWAYS got the lead parts SIMPLY BECAUSE her parent was on the school board. She sucked, too. I hate it when a teacher says, 'You talk lots first day. I hate you. YOU don't answer questions. I hate you. YOU! Yes, you! You look funny first day. I HATE YOU MOST.' I've had teachers do a similar thing. It's like they're out to get you!

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 11, 2008, 10:09:02 am »
Well, be careful. If you jump the chain of command too much, it will make her hate you more. First, meet with her, show her your calculations, make sure she knows that you have the documentation to back it up, and ask her to explain how she got such a low score. It might be something very simple that she just isn't thinking to consider (like she forgot to record the scores from all your tests, or she averaged incorrectly, etc). If that doesn't work, then it is the time to show her what the chain of command is:

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 11, 2008, 06:50:41 pm »
Yeah, so I'm giving up my lunch hour tomorrow to go take a make up test I've already aced to get my grade back up to it's rightful percentage (91.2% thank you very much).

Still, I'm mad. I'll probably switch my class if I get the chance..

And I have Crew practice after school tomorrow, so I'll be a rowin' and a runnin' on an empty stomach. Awesome.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #443 on: September 13, 2008, 09:25:19 am »
Lugaborg in FFIVDS is impossible to beat.

Yourgingerestfan

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 13, 2008, 10:16:18 am »
use 2 elixers on him when he casts reverse magic on ya and hes dead

the final dungeon on ffiv ds is impossible lol

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 15, 2008, 11:53:12 am »
Idiopathic Central Serous Retinopathy. Nothing like knowing that stress is causing the macula in your eye to detach, which has the possibility to make you effectively blind, to make you less stressed.

Though on the plus side, it was a highly fascinating experience, looking back (I could see the blood vessels in my own eye as the doctor was looking in it; that was awesome). Hopefully it just wont happen again.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 15, 2008, 12:46:15 pm »
Hey, it's gone now, right? If anyone remembers last December, when I was going to get eye surgery, my eyes were all messed up.

Guess what?

They're messed up again. *sigh*

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 15, 2008, 12:51:19 pm »
Aye, the flashing blind spots in my vision are gone.

Suck about your eyes (though no, I don't recall last December when you were getting eye surgery). Mind if I ask what was/is wrong with them?

Eye problems in general are rather craptacular.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 15, 2008, 12:57:40 pm »
It's actually somewhere in this thread. My eye muscles are weak, particularly in the middle of my eyes. So when I'm focusing with one eye (a bad habit of mine), the focused eye looks straight at the focused object. Like this bottle of water next to me. However, the unfocused eye wanders off to look at the wall.

When I was five, the doctors cut open my eyes and loosened the muscles on the outside (towards my ears) of my eyes. That worked for about ten years. Until December of last year. As they had operated as much as they could on the OUTSIDE of my eyes, they cut into the inside (near my nose) of my eyes and tightened the muscles. I can now see it coming back. It's not that big of a deal anymore, but if I freak out my friends with my 'lizard eyes' as they call it, I don't know what to do.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 16, 2008, 02:40:58 am »
Bastard, He's pulling Kaity out of classes to go out, have fun, meeting his family and now she, who was an great student with grades to back it, is have trouble in her classes because shes gone. She says she's "Hurting herself now to help them in the end."

Selfish Dick.

EDIT: Yay for Screwing up and further damaging my relationship with her! I sent her a text mentioning how jealous I was. CAN'T GET IT BACK!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 03:35:16 am by KebreI »