Author Topic: Chrono Trigger+ Bug Report Thread  (Read 8963 times)

Azuraus

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger+ Bug Report Thread
« on: June 13, 2007, 04:21:20 am »
Please use this thread to report all bugs in the Chrono Trigger+ DEMO. Please do not to bother posting grammatical erors, text formating errors: only report script errors, map errors, or text errors that affect game play.

Edit: Please use this format when posting bugs
What the bug is.

EX Guardia Prison Cell 1000 AF - Part in Game - Pink Lunch Bag says "K" instead of "Received Ether"

« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 03:47:13 pm by Azuraus »

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger+ Bug Report Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 04:32:16 am »
During the trial scene of Crono eating the old man's lunch, the pink bag sprite is amusingly replaced with the purple cat sprite.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 04:45:50 am »
The chef in the Black Jack area, gives you items even if you don't have any jade leaves. Also I forgot to give the Black Jack dealer instructions. And Medina Square entrance quard is slightly off, but it doesn't affect game play at all. Flash effect in Heckran Caveran / Magic Cave are slightly glitched, but does not affect you getting through the area. The "upper" flash effect may knock you off the upper ledge down into the water, other then that it should be fine.

Azuraus

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 03:48:42 pm »
Black Jack Area 1000 AF - Part in Game - When walking in the tent in the very bottom of the Black Jack area, Crono's head pokes out of it

Millennial Fair 1000 AF - Part in Game - New / moved tables (front part) has tiles layer over Crono.

Guardia Forest 1000 AF - Cut Scene - Escaping from the chancellor  on screen load, Lucca steps over a transparent green tile.

Arris Dome Food Locker 2300 AF - After getting the Ether, you cannot walk back past the dead man, yet you can still walk right to left past him.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 05:55:47 pm »
I will be starting to play this game later tonight. I'll try my best to go over it with a fine toothed comb. I'll try to steer clear of grammar problems I guess since you want me to. Also expect me to be a lot more active with helping you guys out. I know up til now I've basically done nothing. That will change.

anclunn

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 08:43:33 pm »
If you are found not guilty and a package is left when you open it you just get a message saying "k"

Also, what appears to be seemingly random freeze ups in the trial breakoput section.  Happened once with Lucca, and once with jsut Crono, at different locations so no clue what's causing it.

cduryea

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 10:53:38 pm »
I'm just reposting one of my errors I found here since you want bugs posted here:

"Also, in the Cursed Woods, I'm sure you are aware that the tress are kinda jaggedly put together. That aside, I got stuck right before climbing down into the Frog's house."

Thats all.

KingKongFu

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 12:45:02 am »
I don't know if anyone else caught this, but I made it up to the point where Lucca tells Crono that they must find find the real Queen Leene. I go to the Cathedral, but there is no hair pin! I hit the "A" button everywhere in the cathedral, but I get nothing, no dialogue! Is there something I have to do first before going to the cathedral or is it a plain bug? Thanks.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 12:53:45 am »
I don't know if anyone else caught this, but I made it up to the point where Lucca tells Crono that they must find find the real Queen Leene. I go to the Cathedral, but there is no hair pin! I hit the "A" button everywhere in the cathedral, but I get nothing, no dialogue! Is there something I have to do first before going to the cathedral or is it a plain bug? Thanks.
Yes, sorry...I thought we made this story pointer clear in the readme and story pointer documents, but I was obviously mistaken.  You have to speak to the Chancellor before the hair pin will appear. At the time we thought it a good idea for those who never played the game before--since they would speak to NPCs at all times--but maybe it wasn't such a bright idea.

KingKongFu

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 01:01:09 am »
Oh right. I forgot all about the Story Pointer. Thanks. I honestly don't think that your idea isn't really that bad, but that's what the Story Pointer is for, for our convenience. I'm kind of 50/50 at this idea, but I might change my mind.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 01:05:56 am by KingKongFu »

cduryea

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 10:27:22 am »
Found another bug

When fighting the Nu in the hunting grounds in 65,000,000 B.G., you cannot win without getting an error. You get experience and all that and then the Nu talks and the game freezes. See attached picture.

cduryea

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 12:11:32 pm »
I'm just reposting one of my errors I found here since you want bugs posted here:

"Also, in the Cursed Woods, I'm sure you are aware that the tress are kinda jaggedly put together. That aside, I got stuck right before climbing down into the Frog's house."

Thats all.

I just want to expand upon this bug. If you attack either of these 2 frogs in the Cursed Woods, the enemies struggle to get into position for battle and the battle never starts thus causing the game to 'freeze'.

cduryea

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 12:22:51 pm »
I'm just posting away and picking your game apart, aren't I?

Alright, down to business.

The Magic Cave entrance disappears when you take Frog back to the End of Time to learn him magic. Kinda sucks, cause you can't play any further with the cave closed...

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 02:53:49 pm »
Well, I found a glitch.

Playing through in the prison area, I was up where when you talk to the body it falls into a skelekton, and theres also two other skelekton (I forget the enemy name >.<) Chasing you around.  Well I made the guy fall into a skelekton, then went to walk out and the game froze.  The sprites were moving only in place, and the music was still playing.

(Hope you know where I'm talking about)

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 08:39:07 am »
Yeah, sorry for many bugs that are there. :x
But then again, that is why this is a DEMO. Things like text corrupting in other locations besides main areas is going to happen. Also, Temporal Flux is not perfect. Many of these things are something I messed up when I did ROM stuff in a half -awake daze, while other bugs just kindof creeped up out of nowhere, and some of them caused by Temporal Flux editing too much? (though there's PLENTY of ROM space so I don't understand) We *may* not be able to make any more DEMOs until TF is improved, we'll see.

Thanks everyone for all the input. Also, PLEASE for the love of God, READ this list before you post a bug. I'm gonna be pretty pissed if I see 10 of the same bug listed. Thanks. 8)

One more thing: THIS THREAD IS NOT A DISCUSSION FOR THIS MOD, GO HERE
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=3823.0
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 08:50:30 am by Zakyrus »