Author Topic: Character Sketches.  (Read 34218 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Character Sketches.
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2004, 06:30:13 pm »
Oh pish-posh the semantics of pronouns for inanimate objects...Just refer to the damn thing as "it".

Okay, Claado...I dunno why I cared so much...I'm just giddy about this whole thing, I guess...And yeah, I figured the light-gate thingy was something different...I eagerly await more from everyone I guess...My two scenes are near completion myself...

Claado Shou

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2004, 12:08:50 pm »
Is anybody going to post in the story thread?  It seems rather strange that there's so much activity in other Project ZEAL topics and not the most important one.  Sort of like shooting just outside the target, ya know?

YbrikMetaknight

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • I strike fast and disappear for years at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Compendium
Character Sketches.
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2004, 12:43:54 pm »
Maybe more like getting all your ducks in a row.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
Character Sketches.
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2004, 12:47:56 pm »
Well, I've already posted all that my character will be involved in up until someone else starts the jailbreak scene, so I'm waiting until then.

On another note, I'll probably be posting a second character in the near future. A brief overview: A Keystonian granted magical powers via an arcane ritual involving the Rainbow Shell who may or may not be completely insane.

Claado Shou

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2004, 01:39:04 pm »
Quote from: YbrikMetaknight
Maybe more like getting all your ducks in a row.

Touche.

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2004, 02:08:15 pm »
Quote from: Claado Shou
Is anybody going to post in the story thread?  It seems rather strange that there's so much activity in other Project ZEAL topics and not the most important one.  Sort of like shooting just outside the target, ya know?

We're still in the process of fleshing out the world we're writing about and getting on the same page.

Plus, I think a lot of us are waiting on the jailbreak scene to happen and get the ball rolling.

But yeah. This project is going to take a lot of coordination, so expect to see a lot of posting about the story.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
Character Sketches.
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2004, 05:53:54 pm »
Name: Backer

Race: Human or Demihuman (depending on the definition of Demihuman)

Appearance: 6 feet tall, very sturdy build, brown hair that seems to have a trace of gold in it, and eyes which comprise a rainbow of color. Every color on Backer's body and anything he wears tends to be more pronounced. This effect is even more shocking when in conditions of low light, as no matter how dark it is, Backer can always be seen as if he were standing in full daylight.

Combat: Backer has a unique combat style. He wields a magically crafted sword that resembles no other; the grip is perpendicular to the blade, which has a diamond cross section and steadily tapers down to a point from the grip. One edge of the blade continues past the grip and curls back in a small hook. How he came up with this design is unknown, but he wields it expertly. His most fearsome combat abilities, however, come from his magical talent. He is capable of channeling energy and either simply tossing it at his enemy, or imbuing his sword with it (his sword having been magically altered to support this function). The forms the energy can take on roughly correspond to the CC elements: Fire (Red), Ice (Blue), Light (White), Lightning (Yellow), or Wind (Green). By combining Fire, Ice, and Lightning energy, he is also capable of mimicking Shadow (Black) energy. Once his sword is so imbued, he can either attack with it as normal, or use it to shoot out a blast of the energy. To augment this even further, he has developed a some skill in healing magic, making him virtually unstoppable (at least to non-ZEALians).

History: In 1004 AD, the rising kingdom of Porre began an experiment involving the rainbow shell. The purpose was to imbue a child with the shell's energy, creating the ultimate spellcaster. Unfortunately, the researchers lost control of the process, and all involved were killed--except the child. The frightened child somehow disappeared from the laboratory's ruins, leading the investigators to believe he was dead, and to call the attempt a disastrous failure.

Little did they know that the project had actually succeeded in empowering this child, but at a cost to him; his mind was irreversibly altered, erasing all prior knowledge, and altering his thought processes to something has been described as both superhuman and insane. The child miraculously survived alone in the wilderness for a great while, and eventually started to reintegrate with society. He started to call himself "Backer" for unknown reasons. He acts primarily as a mercenary for hire to take out dangerous monsters, but has been known to assist law-enforcement officials from time to time in dealing with particularly violent criminals.

Personality: Backer's thoughts are so chaotic that he's learned to speak little, and to be very careful about what he says so that he doesn't sound crazy. This gives him the air of being an introspective intellectual, which clashes with his occasional outbursts of rage. Through extensive training, he's learned to repress this rage until he can unleash it in battle, making him a reckless, fearless, and powerful combatant. Throughout his life, he's been searching for a meaning for his existence, but has yet to find any answers.

EDIT: Clarified the types of energy he can wield. His magical ability ends up falling somewhere in between the CT and CC styles; he wields magic naturally like in CT, but it's based off of the CC colors. On this note, since he is already able to use magic, Spekkio won't be able to do anything for him.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2004, 07:19:06 pm »
Wait, is diamond even a mineral in Chrono World (much less able to forge it into a weapon?)? All I know is copper, iron, gold, denadorite, silver/mythril, bone, Rainbow Shell, shiny material, and Moon/Sunstone...Was there some Diamond weapons or armor in Trigger?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2004, 07:24:50 pm »
Rainbow Shell might be the diamond of the Chrono series, or very similar in composition. Crystalpan C6 comes to mind, suggesting prism weapons are made of carbon.

Claado Shou

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2004, 07:39:03 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Wait, is diamond even a mineral in Chrono World (much less able to forge it into a weapon?)? All I know is copper, iron, gold, denadorite, silver/mythril, bone, Rainbow Shell, shiny material, and Moon/Sunstone...Was there some Diamond weapons or armor in Trigger?

Don't forget wood.  Crono's first weapon is the Wooden Sword, the only wooden piece of equipment in the game (Jesus=carpenter, Crono=Jesus, get it?).

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
Character Sketches.
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2004, 07:46:04 pm »
That's not what I meant by diamond. I meant that its cross section looks like this:
/\
\/
Standard fare for a longsword, shortsword, or rapier, as opposed to the circular épée, the rectangular foil, and the triangular sabre.

Besides that, it's made from steel imbued with some of Backer's magic, which makes it appear similar to something made out of rainbow shell (same source, after all), except with more of a metallic tinge.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2004, 01:09:53 am »
Oh, right, my bad...I misunderstood...Sounds cool...almost too cool...

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2004, 01:45:51 am »
How other characters see Naomi

On paper, Naomi seems like she might have befriended Sigma - had she been born on the other side of the dimensional fence. She is generally quiet and reserved, refusing to reveal to anyone around her the myriad of fears she holds within. Although she tries her best to appear otherwise, Naomi is very insecure about herself (in all respects) and is constantly plauged by the fear that she will bring dishonour to the family name through her inadiquacies - this often results in her appearing very timid and hesitant to answer personal questions asked of her. Despite all this, Naomi occasionally summons the courage to spill her guts - often through very sarcastic rants - only to crawl back into her shell shortly afterward.

Other Zealians realize Naomi's inadequacies and have a tendency to look down their noses at her. (At least, other aristocrats. Even Gentry don't quite give her the respect they should, although Naomi is far too passive to ever demand it.) Keystonians, however, would not be so quick to judge her - as they fail to see why her peers find her unattractive, subpar in her arcane talents, and socially incompetent.

Being removed from the sources of Naomi's anxieties would probably make her a more self-confident and open person.

In combat scenarios - as many Zealians are - Naomi is somewhat reluctant to engage an enemy out of fear for her life. While she is a subpar enchantress, struggling to successfully pull off basic techniques, and her secret studies of summoning have gotten her nowhere - in the eyes of a Keystonian she is quite useful for her training as a wizard alone. This sense of "feeling needed" would undoubtedly boost her confidence and in turn, her competence in battle. (However, wielding a weapon of any sort is simply out of the question. She's just not that coordinated.)

Given her dislike of the nature of enchanting in general, Naomi is probably one of the few Zealians you would meet that takes little pride in wearing her (pink) subfusc, shedding it whenever possible.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Character Sketches.
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2004, 02:37:20 am »
Quote from: Claado Shou
Quote from: V_Translanka

Don't forget wood.  Crono's first weapon is the Wooden Sword, the only wooden piece of equipment in the game (Jesus=carpenter, Crono=Jesus, get it?).

So what do you propose the mop was made out of?

Claado Shou

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2004, 02:53:39 pm »
Don't remember the Mop as a weapon.  Besides, plastic?