Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 344698 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #3255 on: June 05, 2011, 06:36:29 am »
Is... is that a grown up Kid?  :shock:

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: June 05, 2011, 07:22:20 am »
That's why I sooooo wanted this pic back on April Fools Day.  :wink:  I just saw that Yuki's signature on these reads "1997" (Dragon Force II was released in 1998). I wonder when he did the Cross artwork? In any case, it appears to me Yuki definitely carried this design into Cross and not the other way around. This character looks to be Kid's design-progenitor, in a sense.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3257 on: June 05, 2011, 06:21:01 pm »
Heh, so the Doctor finds out who River Song truly is. Next, he'll be enjoying killing Hitler.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: June 06, 2011, 08:48:33 pm »
Just had on old spice callback.

Tryin to not get ahead of myself but I feel good.  Could finally be some union work.  Things are good.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3259 on: June 08, 2011, 08:21:36 am »
I finally got a writer for my Polar Bear project!  :D Now, I just need to find an artist.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: June 08, 2011, 10:36:36 pm »
D got the extended box DVD set of Lord of the Rings for his birthday, so we've been watching the movies together.

I love the scene where the beacons from Gondor to Rohan are lit.  Best part of the three movies combined, imho.  I cry every single time I watch that scene.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: June 08, 2011, 11:40:33 pm »
The commentary was quite enjoyable to watch, too. I love in-depth behind-the-scenes stuff like that, when it comes to films I like, and I only wish they had delved even deeper.

I'm due to rewatch 'em. The Fellowship came out ten years ago this winter. But my discs are in storage in Seattle like most everything else I own!

I can't remember my very favorite moment, but I do recall how touching the climax was, where Sam and Frodo have done their duty and are on the slopes of Mount Doom waiting to die together. The ending song, "Into the West," was perhaps even more touching. Naturally, the artist who sang it is a left-hander. =D

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: June 08, 2011, 11:51:45 pm »
You southpaws and your left-handed agenda.  ;)  I will forever be jealous that I am right-handed.

I forgot about the ending credits.  I think that is probably my second favourite part.  The song is so beautiful.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 11:54:05 pm by Sajainta »

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #3263 on: June 09, 2011, 02:29:36 am »

I'm so hyped for all the Zelda related news at the E3. I admit Skyward Sword looked good, but I wasn't as excited about it as I was with Twilight Princess before its release, but after watching the new trailer and demos, and the interviews, and reading all the speculation of the fans... I really can't wait!

Also this: The music of the old trailer of Skyward Sword played backwards. MIND BLOWN.

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: June 09, 2011, 10:16:40 am »
That is a very pretty birdy.

Things I love: Sam is getting a bit more comfortable talking with us about things. He's always been a bit of a recluse (to the point where we used to joke about him being mute when he was really little), but now he's talking more about himself. Like when he was little and all the kids were saying that they wanted to be firefighters or doctors, Sam said that he wanted to be a dentist. I can't imagine him doing that.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3265 on: June 10, 2011, 11:04:25 am »
For someone who's only played "Link to the Past" of the series, I always thought Link was a Perfect Hero kind. He's a master of weaponry, the Knight most captured-Damsels dream to be saved by, the bright and agile hero who's cool and inspire many other fictional heroes who try to emulate him. It stands to reason why I always pick Link when I'm playing Super Smash Melee or any other crossover game for that matter. And that backwards theme is awesome!

Here's something else for a change:

1) Honda LOVE ad - It includes both the ad and the Making Of.

2) Short: Tactile Waveforms

3) Yes I know

Most of the times I watch things like this I think I know how it's done, but when I actually do watch the Making Ofs the usual ingenuity baffles me and I end up asking, all humbly like, "HOW THE FORK DID THEY DO THIS SHIT?!"

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: June 11, 2011, 09:08:19 am »
I post this every so often, and its time has come 'round again:

The Main Street...                                                                                
                  ...ELECTRICAL...                                        
                                       ...PARADE!!!

[youtube]0OdK5-yWIGs[/youtube]

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3267 on: June 11, 2011, 04:46:07 pm »

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: June 11, 2011, 08:38:11 pm »
DH2 midnight showing tickets!

I has them.  8)

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3269 on: June 13, 2011, 07:52:02 am »
Okay, so I went to the... er... daily business, and watched ants crawl around. Not sure how many moments those were, but a rush of analysis and ideas flew past my mind until I reached...

...the secret to Artificial Intelligence!

I was like, My God! This what what these AI developers were missing! They merely keep jumping the gun in order to create an artificial life-form whose intelligence would resemble human sentience. Their concepts, till now, had either been flawed or were missing something. We'll eventually require to go down several levels until we reach the fundamentals of life at a cellular level. Quick, what are the fundamental aspects of life at a cellular level?

I hope I don't forget all this by evening, because it might be a breakthrough concept. After jotting down everything and re-examining my theories I believe that I can construct a forever-evolving AI.