Author Topic: Scene Translation Request: Northern Cape  (Read 865 times)

Jessica Ingmann

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Lv. 23 Writer
    • View Profile
    • Music of the Game II: Café De La Luna
Scene Translation Request: Northern Cape
« on: February 10, 2007, 09:17:41 am »
I have a bit of an odd request.  I know that the retranslation project is ongoing and whatnot, but I was curious if I could perhaps have someone translate the dialogue from the Japanese version of the game(Chrono Trigger) from the Northern Cape scene.  Specifically, I'd want the dialogue that's had between Glenn(Kaeru), Robo, and Lucca with Maou.  All of it.  From the very start to the very ends.(Yes, both ends.)  If anyone's curious, it's for character research as well as a couple things I may or may not be in the process of writing.  The reason I ask for this stuff is because I hear tale that Glenn speaks a lot differently in the Japanese version.  Like...bone of that Mediveal stuff, but instead, sort of short and rude-like.  Robo also speaks differently, from what I gather, but his dialect is more mispronounciation than anything.

Anyway, any help would be fantabulous!  Thanks in advance!

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Scene Translation Request: Northern Cape
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 10:17:08 am »
I must admit some interest in this as well, as I'm vaguely contemplating a novelization of the game, which would be based on the Japanese version of the game and theories here at the Chrono Compendium, and as such I'd like examples of this stuff as well. ('Course, I say vaguely because I might never get around to it. More of something I'm just thinking about for a little while, is all.)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 02:49:30 pm »
Pursuant to section 3(c) of the unified Compendium code, find the

button to request information from our archives.

I'll e-mail it after I get back from lunch, right before my long, satisfying nap...

Jessica Ingmann

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Lv. 23 Writer
    • View Profile
    • Music of the Game II: Café De La Luna
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 08:12:05 pm »
Ah...I'm sorry I didn't see that sooner!  >_<  But thank you very much, Zeality!!  You are awesome!  And I promise I won't give out the script to anyone else, either!  Though...in writing this fan-fiction, I may base the lines on these.  But there will be a huge spoiler alert on the top of the thing!  Also, a major thanks to you, Zeality, and the Chrono Compendium!  I am so pleased...  <3

*locks the topic, there being no further use for it*