Author Topic: "Unofficial" TF Exports Thread  (Read 42703 times)

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
Re: "Unofficial" TF Exports Thread
« Reply #255 on: July 13, 2007, 07:35:50 pm »
I don't know if this is just me, but some of the music that was changed doesn't really fit in my opinion. Like when Tat's running away and it's the more serious urgent music rather than the goofy playful music.

Some other examples are the Cathedral when you save Leene, and the music in the Denadoro mountains.
They've both been changed, and personally I feel the original felt better.

Just throwing my opinion out there.

As for the Cathedral, I thought Silent Light was waaaaay overused. (it changes to Silent Light if you reenter the Cathedral after Leene is saved).

As for the Denadoro - I will probably add different music altogether - Underground Sewer didn't seem right for a mountain that has a Legendary Sword - Silient Light is only temp.

unknoun_prophet

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://peggyguder.tripod.com
« Reply #256 on: August 03, 2007, 11:55:53 am »
It's been a while since the last post. I was wondering if there was any news to how the project is going.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 03, 2007, 02:18:29 pm »
It's been a while since the last post. I was wondering if there was any news to how the project is going.

I wish there was more to tell ya, but even I, someone who is sort of on the project, am in the dark. Zakyrus hasn't been around lately, so Kyronea and I aren't exactly sure what is going on.

Beside the first public beta release not much else has been done. Not to say that the beta isn't something significant. I'll give ya a link to the demo, and demo feedback page.

Demo: http://cc.herograw.org/Black/Other/Chrono%20Trigger%20+%20Public%20Demo%201.0.zip

Demo feedback page: http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=4311.0

EDIT: If you don't know how to patch a ROM with this demo, PM me and I'll explain it to ya the best I can.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 02:20:20 pm by Glennleo »

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 17, 2007, 10:36:51 pm »

I wish there was more to tell ya, but even I, someone who is sort of on the project, am in the dark. Zakyrus hasn't been around lately, so Kyronea and I aren't exactly sure what is going on.

Beside the first public beta release not much else has been done. Not to say that the beta isn't something significant. I'll give ya a link to the demo, and demo feedback page.

Demo: http://cc.herograw.org/Black/Other/Chrono%20Trigger%20+%20Public%20Demo%201.0.zip

Demo feedback page: http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=4311.0

EDIT: If you don't know how to patch a ROM with this demo, PM me and I'll explain it to ya the best I can.

Well said, Glennleo.

It's going... I just don't have internet (and everyone around me that does, has been totally gay and not let me on...) Anyways, just know that it's still going. Still bugfixing the demo and other stuff. I assure you that it's going though. Can't say when the next demo or version will be released though. I'll try to post more info as soon as I get more done.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 02:00:06 am by Zakyrus »

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 18, 2007, 04:33:21 am »
Glad to see you are still alive and well Z.

WB good buddy. WB.

Anything you need me to work on before dreaded school begins on the 27th?  :x
I can still work on stuff after that date, but it'll be slow as usual.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 18, 2007, 07:43:36 am »
Glad to see you are still alive and well Z.

WB good buddy. WB.

Thanks Glennleo.  :)

Anything you need me to work on before dreaded school begins on the 27th?  :x
I can still work on stuff after that date, but it'll be slow as usual.

*whisper* Yeah, beta test the update to the demo that I sent you. *whisper*

I hope to release the update for the CT+ DEMO around the end of August/Beginning of September. It will cover the same areas storyline wise, however all bugs will be fixed and some more stuff. (Might as well finish the first part of the game entirely before we start REALLY working on the further and new areas.)

Completed/New Cutscenes w/ proper text formatting!
Many bugs removed!

Areas that will be completed/expanded:
Truce Canyon (2x)
Guardia Prison (battle systems working.... and more!)
Heckran Caverns/Magic Cave (complete!)
Miniboss battle at the Denadoro?
New Password system for Arris Dome that is dynamic for each New Game/+
~As well as the "Factory Crane" operation codes.
"Zabie" will forever be Zabie because it rules! (you still have to get it from the Computer system though)
More Enemies in a few places... Like Insects in Arris Dome Rafters before fighting Guardian
Cursed Woods Complete!
(Must get Hero Medal for Toma to appear in Porre where he'll tell you where Frog's House is) **

...and MORE!

** We are making the first half of the game slightly more linear at first (but EACH choice you make will affect future eras in subtle ways, many, many more possible outcomes). The latter part of the game (when I get that far in coding, it's ALL written - just have to add it to the game and do new cutscene stuff -which takes me time to perfect) will be VERY non-linear. (especially after you get the Epoch)

anclunn

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 18, 2007, 09:26:03 pm »
Glad to see this project is still kicking.  I was worried for a little bit.

b2therizzo

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 20, 2007, 01:28:22 am »
hey don't know if ou're looking for some stuff to cut out of the game ... if so i thought the bike race was lame (just a showoff of mode7) also when lavos is flying around mode7 ... lame-oh!

i think the magic cave should be longer ...
that's bout it right now.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 20, 2007, 11:26:55 am »
well Bike Race and Lavos Mode 7 were originally in the game...And are your saying their lame because they're not in spectactular 3d graphics?  I thought they were both pretty cool.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 20, 2007, 11:53:33 pm »
hey don't know if ou're looking for some stuff to cut out of the game ... if so i thought the bike race was lame (just a showoff of mode7) also when lavos is flying around mode7 ... lame-oh!

Sorry, we are trying not to cut out anything, rather add and expand. If I could somehow enhance the mode7 graphics I would.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 21, 2007, 05:33:35 am »

The Magic Cave is pretty much a mirror of the Heckran Caverns. Pretty cheap way to expand an area I know, however since they are both technically the same area just in different eras (not much would change in a mere 400 years)the encounters and events will be changed enough to make a difference. Also, there will be one more decent sized room added to both Caves.

Yggdrasill

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 25, 2007, 04:57:11 am »
It's good to see things are still moving along.  Keep up the good work.  Can't wait to see the update.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 25, 2007, 09:21:33 pm »
It's good to see things are still moving along.  Keep up the good work.  Can't wait to see the update.

Well. The release date may change depending on how much ROM corruption there is. I am seeing massive corruption everywhere. I theorize that this is due to the fact that some locations were done in TF 1.07 and the work was exported via 2.0 before being worked on in 2.55.

I am going to do some massive testing before anything is officially said.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 25, 2007, 11:24:30 pm »
I am going to do some massive testing before anything is officially said.

Looking forward to it!  :wink:

SirusD

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 06, 2007, 06:22:14 pm »
Has anyone seen or heard from Zakyrus in the last couple weeks?