Author Topic: "Unofficial" TF Exports Thread  (Read 43915 times)

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • It's a secret to everybody!
    • View Profile
Re: "Unofficial" TF Exports Thread
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2007, 04:04:03 pm »
Sorry guys, haven't been able to start sprites yet; too much schoolwork. I can finally get to them on saturday.

Sorry.
Take your time...there's no real rush yet. The key is quality, not speed.

Good thing you aren't angry...

Because you scare me. Not just because of your powerpuff-ness, either.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2007, 04:08:53 pm »

Why would I be angry? It's not as if you've been hired as part of a paid job here...we're all volunteers working together, nothing more. People take the time they need to complete their tasks...that's how it works.

And how do I scare you, anyway? I shouldn't.

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2007, 04:13:35 pm »

Why would I be angry? It's not as if you've been hired as part of a paid job here...we're all volunteers working together, nothing more. People take the time they need to complete their tasks...that's how it works.

And how do I scare you, anyway? I shouldn't.

Yeah, I didn't really think you'd be. Some people are really angry if something isn't done, even if it's voluntary, though.

It's kind of a joke. Eheh.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2007, 11:26:02 pm »
Yes. This dialoug is nothing compared to the amount added.
{page break}s and {delay} galore!

I could sit here and make screenshots or I could finish the new maps. So, I'll work in TF.

Majutsuko

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2007, 05:48:13 pm »
New cut-scenes and enhanced dialog by Kyronea.   8)

I like the idea of using some original Japanese terms like Maougun, but unless it's made clear in the rewrite, many people will not understand the meaning.

And just to get this out of my system (since I'm a compulsive writer/editor), I don't think I would use the term "ripped" coming from a medieval knight captain. It sounds a little too modern; and so does that "if" too somewhat. However, saying "You tore through the Maougun as though they were nothing..." comes across as more formal, proper and perhaps more high-standing for such a knight. Consider it in relation to Glenn's speech for that time period, it's not so extreme, but it I think my suggestion lessens the contrast...It just seems more fitting this way.

*Feels too nit-picky...No offense to Kyr---*is shot.

This project looks very promising so far though! Keep up the good work guys!!

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2007, 07:10:52 pm »

I like the idea of using some original Japanese terms like Maougun, but unless it's made clear in the rewrite, many people will not understand the meaning.
I had that concern as well, but don't worry...we'll make it clear in the press release that will go with the beta.

And just to get this out of my system (since I'm a compulsive writer/editor), I don't think I would use the term "ripped" coming from a medieval knight captain. It sounds a little too modern; and so does that "if" too somewhat. However, saying "You tore through the Maougun as though they were nothing..." comes across as more formal, proper and perhaps more high-standing for such a knight. Consider it in relation to Glenn's speech for that time period, it's not so extreme, but it I think my suggestion lessens the contrast...It just seems more fitting this way.
And I agree. This was more of a preliminary version Zakyrus himself wrote up...my version is distinctly different and hopefully much more in tune with the formality that would be expressed by the Knight Captain.
*Feels too nit-picky...No offense to Kyr---*is shot.
Worry not about offending me. I appreciate any and all advice when it comes to things like this. One of my not so strong suits is achieving a sense of formality with dialogue when it is needed...it occasionally falls flat.
This project looks very promising so far though! Keep up the good work guys!!
We will at that, and thank you very much for your feedback.

Majutsuko

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2007, 02:40:19 pm »
Wonderful, that's good to know. I was just unsure as to how you'd hand a little constructive criticism, as I know a good number of people can't take it well at all.

In any case, I patiently await what you'll bring to the table for us next.

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2007, 12:58:04 pm »

'Ripped' seems Ok, at least in that context.

Tripleh213

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2007, 10:48:17 pm »
Are you ever going to update this.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2007, 10:57:06 pm »
Are you ever going to update this.
Sure...we were supposed to have a public beta out by now, but Zakyrus seems to have vanished entirely. I haven't seen hide nor tail of him since April 30th. What happened to him I don't know, but he's the one with the ROMs.

Still, I wouldn't worry...the guy has worked far too hard on this project to just abandon it. Far more likely is that he has been having problems connecting to the internet for one reason or another.

Tripleh213

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2007, 03:18:36 pm »
Cant you upload anything.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2007, 03:26:39 pm »
Cant you upload anything.
I wish I could. I wish I had the completed ROM with any and all bugs ironed out. Unfortunately, I do not. All I've got are my written game scripts, which I am not allowed to release. Zakyrus is the head of the project. Whereever he went, I'm sure he'll be back eventually.

In the meantime, just be patient. It's irking me a lot as well...I was hoping that by now I'd be fixing any errors in the script, rewriting a few pieces as per constructive criticism, and so on.

anclunn

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2007, 10:21:16 pm »
Yeah, he was supposed to send me some ips patches so I could modify soem enemy data for him, but I haven't heard form him in like 2 and a half weeks.

Tripleh213

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 22, 2007, 10:35:52 pm »
Seems like he fell off the world.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2007, 12:48:14 am »
Seems like he fell off the world.
Well, it's as I said: I can't do anything without either his authorization or his ROMs, so I'm stuck as much as you are. Believe me, though...when he does return, I will do whatever I can to ensure swift beta testing of the ROM patch he has so it's perfect for release.