Author Topic: I hate stupid people  (Read 4129 times)

Mixmasta_K

• Porrean (+50)
  • T H I N K
    • View Profile
Re: I hate stupid people
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2006, 01:50:28 am »
Well, being that this is the internet, I don't think anybody should be surprised that "the mentally disadvantaged" get a whole lot of priviledges. What's worse is when they get an attitude. Then, before you know it, you get: "Ur b4NN3'D n00b, LAWLS!" :lol:

Honestly, boards with standards are a godsend to me. The first time I see -intentional- leet on a webpage is almost always the last time I ever view it. XP

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2006, 03:25:51 am »
I think we already had this conversation on the No Child Left Behind topic.

It's funny because it's true. Excellent wit, you!

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2006, 08:03:31 am »
I think we already had this conversation on the No Child Left Behind topic.

It would seem like every "serious" discussion here on the compendium, if pressed hard enough, will always boil down to this. At least the few ones I remember paying some attention to. Curious thing.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2006, 12:38:11 pm »
It's not that I'm complaining, I just love these intelligent conversations we have here at the Compendium.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2006, 05:01:34 pm »
And what in the world makes you presume that you do not need anyone else to think? The very concept of a "cognitive system" is among the information used to form your "opinion" which is itself among that information.

I still don't really know what you want to tell me...my opinion is information filtered throught the Cog Sys? Yeah, and? Do you want to say my way of thinking about opinions is wrong or something? Is my opinion on opinion to high? I got that you are arguing on the biological way, "opinion" is not really an "opinion" but information...yet I never said something different, or did I? Information="opinion", yet more or different information can change that "opinion", can't it?
About this thinking thing...did we learn to think by patrents/society, or do we learn it on our own? Maybe I need someone else to think about something, yet not to think itself, this is at least what I believe, or said in a different way, my "opinion" on it.

Now, is it really your brain that makes the work or is it inevitably conditioned to do such work by the context your cognition finds itself at? Your judgement is bound to your "opinion", not to say that "judgement" and "opinion" are the same thing, so it should be as valid as the "opinion" itself, otherwise there would be no coherence in this line of thought. You judge, and act accordingly to that judgement. You have an opinion and then act accordingly to this opinion. Or vice-versa.

Well, the thing is, people don't act accordingly to their "own opinion", they often act like others do, just to be like them. If you think for example gaybashing is wrong, do you help someone who gets bashed? If you do, I have another reason to like you. If you don't, it is not good, yet it is how most people act. This is something I hate, too, people who don't stand for what they think is right.

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2006, 07:10:48 pm »
And what in the world makes you presume that you do not need anyone else to think? The very concept of a "cognitive system" is among the information used to form your "opinion" which is itself among that information.

I still don't really know what you want to tell me...my opinion is information filtered throught the Cog Sys? Yeah, and? Do you want to say my way of thinking about opinions is wrong or something? Is my opinion on opinion to high? I got that you are arguing on the biological way, "opinion" is not really an "opinion" but information...yet I never said something different, or did I? Information="opinion", yet more or different information can change that "opinion", can't it?
About this thinking thing...did we learn to think by patrents/society, or do we learn it on our own? Maybe I need someone else to think about something, yet not to think itself, this is at least what I believe, or said in a different way, my "opinion" on it.

Now, is it really your brain that makes the work or is it inevitably conditioned to do such work by the context your cognition finds itself at? Your judgement is bound to your "opinion", not to say that "judgement" and "opinion" are the same thing, so it should be as valid as the "opinion" itself, otherwise there would be no coherence in this line of thought. You judge, and act accordingly to that judgement. You have an opinion and then act accordingly to this opinion. Or vice-versa.

Well, the thing is, people don't act accordingly to their "own opinion", they often act like others do, just to be like them. If you think for example gaybashing is wrong, do you help someone who gets bashed? If you do, I have another reason to like you. If you don't, it is not good, yet it is how most people act. This is something I hate, too, people who don't stand for what they think is right.

Heh. Just forget I wrote anything. =]

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2006, 01:35:21 pm »
Well, okay, and sorry for boring ya, "me no much well in not repeating and getting things".

Back to topic: I still hate them.
My art teacher(a she): We had to make some presentations, but she didn't tell us when he have to be ready exactly, yet yesterday, she said anyone who didn't finish it and didn't bring it with him/her gets a bad mark. That sucked, because I finished it(and told her that I did), yet didn't bring it with me because she fckn hell didn't tell us when to finish, and I am one of the last ones to presentate anyways. Of course she didn't care...bah...
Why did I tell this? Because I think she is stupid(-> this phrase was obvious).