Author Topic: Leah and Ayla relationship  (Read 3569 times)

Ralkai

• Earthbound (+15)
  • We'll say "Good bye, lost Heaven!"
    • View Profile
Leah and Ayla relationship
« on: October 31, 2006, 02:30:31 pm »
Hellow everybody.
I have a litle qestion to ask.
I have read in other Chrono Trigger's forum that Leah is Ayla's daughter, but here i have read that Leah is (pasibly) Ayla's mother.
Can somebody answer me?

Muchas gracias,

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Re: Leah and Ayla relationship
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 03:42:05 pm »
In one of the endings of Cross, Leah speculates that if she had a daughter, she'd name her Ayla. There is nothing that would imply that Leah is Ayla's daughter.

Ralkai

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 05:58:51 pm »
yes, i know that, but if Leah is Ayla's mother, is suposed that if Leah left the prehistoric age, Ayla would never be born, and for that Marle also would never be born.
When you defeat the second Time Devourer the timeline return to the moment in which Serge travel to another world as if nothing of the adventure had happened. Leah is then in Gaea's Navel, and from there she didn`t return to her age.

(Sorry for the gramar mistakes, I'm Spanish and English isn't my best subject)

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 07:28:47 pm »
I'd assume that with the merging of timelines and whatnot with the Chrono Cross, Leah never had a reason to leave her time, so everything's fine and dandy.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 01:13:39 am »
Unless Gaea's Navel is in a temporal state and exists both in 65,000,000BC and in 1020AD. Like stepping into it is stepping back millions of years into the past.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 10:09:16 pm »
yea, but that's stretching it, and, really, it's not supported in any way. Isn't Gaea's Navel from the Reptite dimension anyway?

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 01:27:19 am »
The fact that there are dinosaurs there, meaning that they did not die out in the ice age shows something. But I thought Gaea's Navel was there before even Chronopolis appeared.

Ralkai

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 03:52:56 pm »
maybe the "land-anger" was a giant gate (as the gate wich send Crono and Magus to the prehistoric ages) which send all Gaea's Navel to the future lending the dinosaurs survive the ice age.

(Sorry for the mistakes, English isn't my best subject...)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 05:55:02 pm »
yea, but that's stretching it, and, really, it's not supported in any way. Isn't Gaea's Navel from the Reptite dimension anyway?
It might be. We don't really know though. On the map in Chronopolis, we can see Chronopolis, Dinopolis, and Gaea's Navel in the empty El Nido sea, but we don't know if the Navel appeared alongside the 2 fortresses or if it was already present before the Time Crash.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 01:15:45 am »
According to most of what has been stated on the time crash, the Time Crash follows a similar Principal to Newtons 3rd law. So hence, Gaea's navel wouldn't appear as it wasn't countering anything.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 10:33:11 am »
^assumption

Ralkai

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 12:24:26 pm »
According to most of what has been stated on the time crash, the Time Crash follows a similar Principal to Newtons 3rd law. So hence, Gaea's navel wouldn't appear as it wasn't countering anything.

maybe I have translated the game bad but, isn't Dinopolis sent back in the time to counteract Chronopolis influence by the draconians? if it is like this, Gaea's Navel didn't need other "city" to counteract his influence because nobody care his influence...

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 02:17:13 pm »

maybe I have translated the game bad but, isn't Dinopolis sent back in the time to counteract Chronopolis influence by the draconians? if it is like this, Gaea's Navel didn't need other "city" to counteract his influence because nobody care his influence...
Yes, Dinopolis was sent to counteract Chronopolis (though it was the Planet who did it, not the Dragonians themselves). Also, Masato Kato in an interview confirmed that the little red moon appeared at the same time.

Ralkai

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 03:16:13 pm »

Yes, Dinopolis was sent to counteract Chronopolis (though it was the Planet who did it, not the Dragonians themselves). Also, Masato Kato in an interview confirmed that the little red moon appeared at the same time.

so do you mean that the red moon is the "counteract place" of Gaea's Navel?

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 08:29:54 pm »
^assumption

My ass, especially when the whole game clearly stated that Dinopolis was stolen from it's dimension by the entity to counteract Chronopolis. That is newton's third law that with every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction. And quite clearly, im using it as an analogy.

Answer: As a result of the time clash, the dimensions split. The point in
time where Chronopolis and Dinopolis was hurled to, another moon came in
existence

Answer: Harle is indeed the moon. There are two moons in this world. There's
another moon that exists as a sibling to the bigger moon.
And Harle is a
fragment of that smaller moon. Her name itself is [tsuku-yomi] (meaning moon-
reading), hence she has plenty of lines with "to the moon."  Well, certainly
Harle existing as an opposition to Kid had been established in the beginning,
there were also many other parts with this meaning.

There are discreprecencies here that are not answered. So ofcourse, this is an inference.

Masato says that the moon came into existence, but does not say that the moon came from Dinopolis. Thats one.
Two, the moon is different to the other moon. If the moon was indeed from Dinopolis, the moons would be the same. Unless their moon was bombarded by meteors, or magical, it would not appear red and nor would it be a different shape. Remember, the Reptite Dimension and the CT dimension are timelines that split off around the prehistoric era, where there was a possibility of a difference. Something like Lavos was a major time influencer, just like Serge, who had the power to shape the future. His shaping of the future allowed the humans to excel.

Now, Masato says that Harle is a part of the moon. And that the new moon is a sibling of the other. Now, the sky dragon is represented by the big moon. Harle is the dark moon. Hence, Masato may have used this to say that she was the sibling. Harle's existance quite possibly created that moon. Harle herself didn't need to exist at the time if the moon was created after the time crash. Remember, what Harle is - that is a part of the Dragon God which is the incarnation of all elements. So simply, Harle herself split off from the Dragon God, and retained that element, whatever the dark moon may be.

End of Inference/ non baseless assuption.