Author Topic: Merchandise Section  (Read 2739 times)

Foolish Boy

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Merchandise Section
« on: October 07, 2006, 03:49:52 pm »
Hello, everyone. It's been a while since I've posted, but I've been lurking around the site. I'm not sure if this has been suggested before on the compendium, but I think that a merchandise section would be pretty nifty. I was on starmen.net and saw it had its own merchandise section and links to e-bay auctions for Earthbound/Mother video games and related items. I know The compendium doesn't have any liscenses regarding the actual Chrono series, so they couldn't sell Square liscensed products, but they could develop their own shirts to spread the popularity of the site and various going-ons around here. I just thought this would give people feeling like they could actually get a little more from the site. For instance, if they were interested in buying a Chrono Trigger game, theres links right there to the auctions. Then they would probably be a little more interested in the site itself and take a look around and spread its popularity.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
Re: Merchandise Section
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 12:39:49 am »
That's a good idea but like you said the compendium lack the license to act such operation.  It is sad to say that this is not the official site for our favorite game. And also Squeenix is too greedy for their own good & not let this site to become the official site.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 02:06:36 am »
I've always been a staunch supporter of a merchandise section. I've also been a supporter of a Chrono Compendium tshirt. Not so long ago I made a Lee tshirt. Don't know where it is.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 03:41:08 am »
Magus is right for once. We'd be inviting a lot of trouble if we started to make money in the way the topic creator describes.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 06:27:19 am »
Magus is right for once. We'd be inviting a lot of trouble if we started to make money in the way the topic creator describes.
Not denying the overall evil, disgusting and deceptive qualities of every single other person apart from yourself (I'm trying to cleanse myself with corpal mortification as I speak!) but what has Magus said that isn't good, or right so far?

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 07:19:26 am »
I only speak the truth... At least that's what I believe.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 07:30:36 am »
I've always been a staunch supporter of a merchandise section. I've also been a supporter of a Chrono Compendium tshirt. Not so long ago I made a Lee tshirt. Don't know where it is.

Oh, it was my idea! It's in the 'You fill the slogan' thread.  :lee:

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 10:51:11 am »
I agree with Magus068, except for the part about Square Enix being "greedy". That's not greed but logic: how can an official site be maintained by unofficial persons totally unrelated to the compagny?

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 12:45:02 pm »
It could take a load off of their other business, but this isn't a Communist nation. So that wouldn't suffice.

Plus I kinda hate merchindise(misspelled). Sometimes, you just end up looking like a big douchebag.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 03:59:30 pm »
Plus I kinda hate merchindise(misspelled). Sometimes, you just end up looking like a big douchebag.

With lots of nifty branding!

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 05:02:51 pm »

With lots of nifty branding!

That's the problem. We'd have to brand it as being from the Chrono Compendium but distinct from Square's Chrono series. Even then, if it was clearly a derivative logo or piece in some sense, we could get in to trouble.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 05:25:14 am »
Perhaps we could come up with mock designs for merchandise, just for fun at least?  :lee:

Foolish Boy

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 05:27:32 pm »
Well, like I was saying, as long as no profit is made on liscensed material. We could post links to e-bay auctions for the games being sold on e-bay or other related items on e-bay. And as long as no money is made on the actual Chrono product, there should be no problem. You could sell Chrono Compendium things like tee shirts or mugs or something. That's promoting the site that is, in turn, promoting the product. And no money is being made directly off the product. This would be a good way to get the website out there a little more and maybe spread the popularity of the Chrono series.

I understand liscensing complications, and I admit, I'm no expert on them. As far as I know though, as long as no money is made off of their product, then it's ok, and as long as no ideas are being stolen or anything. I don't see why a fan site couldn't sell T-shirts or other various items. I think it would actually help Square by promoting the series and getting more people interested.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 09:23:11 pm »
That would work, if SE was more like Nintendo. SE just has this horrible problem with their fans.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2006, 01:31:09 am »
SE should work with their public relation with their fans.  I mean why should they ignore their biggest customer?