Author Topic: Blonde hair.......  (Read 5012 times)

frogrules

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Blonde hair.......
« on: July 28, 2006, 05:36:46 pm »
If kids a clone of schala er whatever. Why does she have blonde hair?? Does using your magical powers in Chrono games affect your hair color?  Or did she simply highlight it?

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Blonde hair.......
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 05:45:20 pm »
It's hair dye, mate.

In the japanese version of CT, the Zealians say they use hair dye.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 05:52:15 pm »
It's not hair dye. The Japanese version says nothing about Zealians (the correct term is "Enlightened Ones") using hair dye. It can't be hair dye anyway because Schala's eye color has changed also (from flash green to ocean blue, and I doubt the Japanese version says something about colored contact lenses).

Kid is blonde because Schala is blonde, at that point in time. As for why Schala turned blonde... there are some possible answers here: http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Schala_%28Appearance_Changes%29.html

Basically, the fact that Lavos and she were merging to create a totally new being probably influenced the color change (Lavos wasn't red in CT, either).

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 09:18:23 pm »
Aww, I distinctly remember bringing up the point that Schala's hair colour, eye colour and body had changed because of Lavos draining her of her DNA, or changing it around T.T
I mean, she does also look pale as. And Kid isn't as pale, and Kid also has orange tipped hair.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 10:41:57 pm »
A blonde Schala...that's hot. I remember posting a green haired Schala once.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 11:25:29 am »
Lavos could simply be absorbing her pigments along with...life energy, or whatever.

Or Schala used her bitchin' cosmic powers to change her appearance to break the shackles of her Zealian past and thus start anew. Meh.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 12:14:08 pm »
Lavos could simply be absorbing her pigments along with...life energy, or whatever.
The game doesn't really say that Lavos absorbs Schala. It says that Lavos and Schala are merging to form a new being. Lavos absorbs as much Schala as Schala absorbs Lavos.

Lee

• Porrean (+50)
  • Harle fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Ocean Pie
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 01:15:21 pm »
Aww, I distinctly remember bringing up the point that Schala's hair colour, eye colour and body had changed because of Lavos draining her of her DNA, or changing it around T.T
I mean, she does also look pale as. And Kid isn't as pale, and Kid also has orange tipped hair.
I always thought about the Magic Drain theory since Janus, Schala and Queen Zeal are all blue haired. But true, that doesn't make sense since Schala's eye color changed too.
I like your theory but what about Schala's dress, which turned purple to white ?

Lavos absorbs as much Schala as Schala absorbs Lavos.
In terms of energy, most certainly. But can we say that Lavos was "dominant" since Schala's mind was corrupted by Lavos hatred ?

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 09:02:17 pm »
Like everyone, I had once said that Schala was wearing her undergarnment in the DBT, but my own idea was that she wrapped Kid in her purple clothes and sent her out in the crib. The FMV shows the blanket to be white, but heck, she could have wrapped it inside out and the inside of her dress could very well be white.

Ris

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 11:48:15 pm »
I have a few ideas on this one...

1. Schala's DNA was altered to match her "sound within".  There isn't really any motive for the Time Devourer to give Schala cosmetic changes by altering her DNA, but if the Frozen Flame can recompose a person's DNA based on "the sound they generate within", it's likely contact with the Time Devourer could have the same effect.  So Schala got blond hair and blue eyes because she wanted them (maybe because they're traits common to the Earthbound Ones?) or because they're somehow a reflection of her personality (or some other interpretation of "sound inside").

Probability: Probably better than the explanations that follow.

2a. Schala is albino (blond hair and blue eyes can be signs of albinism).  If this is the case, it could give the Zeal royal family a reason to alter Schala's hair and eye colour (possibly through some kind of cosmetic magic).  The problem here is that Kidd doesn't display other symptoms of albinism (such as light sensitivity).

Probability: Not very high.

2b. The Time Devourer altered Schala's DNA to make her albino.

Probability: Worse than 2a.

2c. Her DNA was altered and she became albino because it was a reflection of her "sound inside".

Probability: Didn't happen.

3. The developers went "Hey, let's change something obvious and see what kind of explanation fans come up with to make it look like we had really deep reasons for doing it."

Probability: I could totally see this happening.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2006, 02:57:16 pm »
It could be that they made Kid blonde so it wouldn't be TOTALLY OBVIOUS that Kid was a clone of Schala.

Ris

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2006, 05:38:39 pm »
It could be that they made Kid blonde so it wouldn't be TOTALLY OBVIOUS that Kid was a clone of Schala.

It wouldn't suggest that she's a clone of Schala any more than Serge having blue hair suggests that he's a clone of Magus (which, of course, he isn't.)  More likely Kidd's appearance is intended to match her appearance in Radical Dreamers, and so Schala's appearance had to be altered in order for Kidd to be Schala's clone.

Alternatively, Kidd being Schala's clone could have been a late addition to the game (made after the CT rerelease), and so Schala's hair colour had to be altered because Kidd is shown in the CT ending movie as having blond hair.  That's highly unlikely though since Kidd has the pendant in the CT ending movie, and it also wouldn't have required a change in Schala's eye colour.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2006, 01:03:35 am »

Well, since we don't see Schala till the end of the game, it wouldn't really matter anyway. Kid, if she had green eyes and purple hair just wouldn't suit a theif. Those darker colors like blue and white are reserved more for the righteous and highly magically potent characters. It's a Square Enix thing.

Luminflare

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 03:45:26 pm »
Yes, sorta like how having a character named Cid in every Final Fantasy Game is a Square Enix thing.
I would think that Schala's conversions could be explained by the simple mixture of the alien Lavos and Schala. It's not that hard to believe that a few small changes would come of that.
As for Kid... I doubt that the two clones would develop exactly the same, particularly since Schala's high amount of exposure to the Mammon Machine probably ticked her DNA anyway.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2006, 09:49:13 am »
As for Kid... I doubt that the two clones would develop exactly the same, particularly since Schala's high amount of exposure to the Mammon Machine probably ticked her DNA anyway.
Schala's exposure to the Mammon Machine was way before she cloned herself though. If the Machine had ticked her DNA, Kid would have inherited the same ticked DNA.