Poll

So, we're nearly all males here. Of a woman 5' 8" tall, who is otherwise ideally beautiful, what is her most attractive weight to you? (Females may answer for themselves.)

< 90 pounds
0 (0%)
100 pounds
2 (11.1%)
120 pounds
6 (33.3%)
140 pounds
7 (38.9%)
160 pounds
1 (5.6%)
180 pounds
1 (5.6%)
200 pounds
1 (5.6%)
220 pounds
0 (0%)
> 250 pounds
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: The FAT Topic: What do you think about this weighty issue?  (Read 16136 times)

Rat

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Impersonal Text
    • View Profile
Re: The FAT Topic: What do you think about this weighty issue?
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2006, 10:50:23 am »
Something that I am a bit curious about now is what you would consider ideal weight for a woman? You've already mentioned a bit that you consider a woman closer to your own height to be more attractive, and what you would consider attractive weight would be an interesting thing to know as well, seeing as others have provided examples of what they would consider, and you have responded to a few of those considerations.

I am also curious as to what your definitions as far as "excess weight" are? You have stated that excess weight will overwhelm the body and cause certain problems, and I am wondering what weight you believe these problems are likely to happen at. 

----

If you have experienced some amount of prejudice, I suppose I owe an apology for my assumption. And now I'm more curious as to whether you were ostracized not necessarily for being very bright and quirky, but also possibly for being a bit argumentative as well? =P
Can I say that safely without having something repeated at me thrice as though I need it sufficiently beat into my thick skull?

Quote from: Lord J esq
Now, you might ask yourself how anybody could like the thought of being fat, but you would be forgetting that the reason this question occurs to you so intuitively is that you've grown up in a culture where fat prejudice is very strong.

I would like to point out that this question did not occur to me. As a critique, a lot of your responses in general to most people seems to lie under the assumption that weighing heavily in their mind, and behind a lot of what they say, is the strong culturally influenced ideal that fat is wrong, that everything everyone has said stems from this prejudice, and pointing out where you believe it might be showing through.  Truly, this might  be the case in many instances - still, it makes it nearly impossible to make a slightly adverse point to yours, because the point could always easily be written off as having an underlying prejudice that you are discussing showing through. Rearing its ugly head, one might say. Or... err... not say.

Also, it seems that it would be pointless to search and post links to anything such as a study that possibly links health problems to weight gain, simply because you have also mentioned several times that you believe such studies are taken up based on the prejudice - that these people are searching for why fat is bad, or noticing such things because they wish to prove that fat is bad, to back up their prejudice. Still, scientific research is rarely absolute - some people take certain theories as "law," but even these could possibly, in time, be debunked. In this sense, one could say that researchers are simply trying to prove that fat is bad, and it would be highly difficult to argue that point - but if there is a high correlation between such things as, say, weight gain and diabetes, is it really safe to so quickly toss it out the window as "possibly being backed by prejudice"?

Quote from: Lord J esq
You lost your logic line somewhere in there. Judging a person who judges a person by race, as racist, is not racist. (I dare you to read that sentence aloud.) Your statement is sort of a gibberish.

I know what he said used the wrong words, but is it really so difficult to figure out for one so bright and quirky as you, oh lord?
I believe what he meant was that, hating people who are racist is a prejudice within itself. We all have our underlying prejudices - I believe at some point you expressed that you have a prejudice yourself against people who are highly sexist.

...Still, I wonder about how we're using the word prejudice here. An exact definition always involves "preconceptions" and silly ideals that you hold about people that are not necessarily true. Once people throw around the word prejudice, the simplest definition seems to be that we all hate and judge, which isn't necessarily a correct definition of the word. Then again, I suppose that to judge a person without fully knowing them takes a certain amount of what you percieve about them that might not necessarily be true... and also the English language is ever changing... still I suppose this last bit is digression.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2006, 10:58:14 am »
Trying to out-write Lord J? Jk.

That last line rocks, though.  :D

Fuck you, I'd rather be a bigot.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 10:59:49 am by Pyt Fumv »

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2006, 12:00:31 pm »
Ugh, saying "gosh darn that be a lot o text loalz why u write so much dood im in ur base killin ur doodz" gets old...

Well, it's just that such OMNIOUSLY HUGE posts don't feel like they belong in a practical discussion such as this (or is it not practical?)... I mean, I feel a terrible fear of reading enormous texts that in such context generally tend to be horrendously redundant, not only by themselves but together with the rest of the discussion, for the content in such posts is likely to appear in one or more other posts, even if you don't take in account the fact that many people are lazy enough not to read it and still post something about the subject, running then the risk of repeating what has already been said, likely 1897 or more times in the very gigantic post itself. WTF :lee:

You see, such tremendously enormous posts totally break the practiceness and objectiveness that make internet forums attractive in the first place. Unless one is telling a story, making a report, a review or whatever kind of singular text..

So, why should I take the risk? Just looking at them gives me the creeps  :lee:

(And let us not forget that I sometimes make big posts, but they are not like the size of Arizona)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 12:21:04 pm by cupn00dles »

Nicole_Flesher

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2006, 02:09:13 pm »
Black eye liner. oh and she edited that post so it originally didn't say that. and I don't have long black hair. It's dark brown. Oh and in her previous posts in other topics did it or did it not say that she was in love with me? This is the almighty Matt
That's an old pic and you just did that to piss me off. And it's not all about you all the time so stop thinking it is. And i'm not in love with you so stop saying it. 

Matt Shadows

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • A7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2006, 02:15:34 pm »
want to know who would love matt (me) i love him more then anything and well if he cant see that then hes blined and u know if he try to stop making everyone laugh and his ex could never compair to how much i love him and well i trye so much for matt but u know matt dont try back
Tell me again how you don't love me.

Nicole_Flesher

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2006, 02:25:53 pm »
want to know who would love matt (me) i love him more then anything and well if he cant see that then hes blined and u know if he try to stop making everyone laugh and his ex could never compair to how much i love him and well i trye so much for matt but u know matt dont try back
Tell me again how you don't love me.
I don't love you anymore I got a man. hahahaha And you don't know everything so theres more stuff you have to learn.

Matt Shadows

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • A7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2006, 02:29:24 pm »
Personal Messaging 
Coming to a brain near you!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 02:34:14 pm by Matt Shadows »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2006, 02:44:43 pm »
If I may, from That 70's Show...

Quote from: FES
FES likes them big. FES likes them small. FES likes them all.

I agree w/that infallible logic.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2006, 03:01:35 pm »
Tall women are a gift from god. I cannot discriminate or be picky concerning women, but if there's any lucky fate out there, I'll get a girl who surpasses six feet. And then...

...we will create a race of SUPERMEN!!!!!

Nicole_Flesher

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2006, 03:48:06 pm »
Tall women are a gift from god. I cannot discriminate or be picky concerning women, but if there's any lucky fate out there, I'll get a girl who surpasses six feet. And then...

...we will create a race of SUPERMEN!!!!!
How tall are you?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2006, 04:03:02 pm »
Hey, there's nothing wrong w/short girls...Take it from White Ninja...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2006, 05:34:17 pm »
I am midway between 6 and 7 feet.

frogrules

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2006, 05:53:50 pm »
Ever notice theres not many fat people in the chrono series... Female wise except mama korcha

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2006, 06:26:37 pm »
I was amazed that she joined your party.  :shock:

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2006, 08:09:44 pm »
I was amazed that she was SWIMMING the whole way back to Guldove(sp?), same as Korcha, if you didn't put them in your party  :lee: