Poll

So, we're nearly all males here. Of a woman 5' 8" tall, who is otherwise ideally beautiful, what is her most attractive weight to you? (Females may answer for themselves.)

< 90 pounds
0 (0%)
100 pounds
2 (11.1%)
120 pounds
6 (33.3%)
140 pounds
7 (38.9%)
160 pounds
1 (5.6%)
180 pounds
1 (5.6%)
200 pounds
1 (5.6%)
220 pounds
0 (0%)
> 250 pounds
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: The FAT Topic: What do you think about this weighty issue?  (Read 16557 times)

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • How do we know we exist?
    • View Profile
Re: The FAT Topic: What do you think about this weighty issue?
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2006, 07:32:54 am »
I'll be the first to admit that morbidly obese girls are not my thing. However, "chunky" or "chubby" I find to be pleasing.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2006, 09:29:21 am »
Yay! I totally love these posts of you Lord J.

The beginning with the herd stuff was very interesting, and it doesn't just fit to this one prejudices. I am someone who hates prejudices, and I nearly always tell someone, whoever it is, teacher, parent, friend or whatever, if they make a prejudiced remark,  they suck(this is dangerous, though). Is there a real difference between prejudices? Sure, the "reason", but all in all, it's all the same: judging bad about a group in generel, and since we are all supossed to be individuals(even if most more behave like only following the herd), we should know better.

This example, the fat bashing, is sadly very active(uhm...sry not fitting word) here. At school, people are always like: "boah look, she is fat, it would be something for you", and at this time, I always leave the group, because nearly nothing is lower than this judging.

Yeah, well, what did I want to say again... ah yes:
*stand up and claps*
You seem to be one of these rare persons who are as prejudiceless as possible, but as stupid as it may sound, even if people read your post, they won't change their opinion(most won't), because these wide ranged prejudices make "them"(the group at school for example) feel superiour, and people like feeling that way, so they won't stop.

I was picked on at school for different reasons(Saying what I think and standing behind that; Not wanting to belong to "teh grup"; sexuel preference etc.), so I think I can slightly imagine how the "fat people" feel if people point at them, and for those who don't, believe it, it is nothing you want to experience.

Somehow every new paragraph is talking about a different thing...I need to learn writing better.

I hope a few people here will realize that prejudices are just stupid, and maybe, just maybe, some will try teaching others that they are wrong. We can't change humanity, but we at least can try(woah, poetic attempt)

Oh, I'm skinny, too, but I eat nearly as much as my 10 year old sister and 19 year old brother together.
~ 1.85 m high and 66 kg.

BTW, if I say I see people who are around my weight more attractive than people who weight much more, would this be a prejudice or just preference? Because this doesn't mean I don't like people weighting more, it just says what I find more attractive(and this doesn't descriminate the "fat" ones, does it?).

Thanks again for the post Lord J esq., I feel good reading that people think like me in a few points.

Oh, and that's how it looks like if I write down my thoughts. *blushes*

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2006, 09:41:52 am »
Looks like I dodged a reply.

Your reply stands nicely on its own! However, if you wanted my thoughts in response, I'll see what I can do.

Oh, heck, I'm fine.

Ramsus

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2006, 10:19:15 am »
I say, throw your scales out the window, along with most of the fad diets out there. If you care about how you look, focus on fitness and your figure. Ignore your weight; even if you weigh a ton, you're not ugly and fat until you're round and pudgy. More importantly, buy a mirror and learn to dress, because if you've already put on the weight, then you probably ain't gonna lose it anytime soon. 

Hell, being fat can't even be that bad. There's no reason that tiny twigs and giant blobs can look attractive. It's more important to feel healthy and clean than look like a super model.

I mean, being pathetic is much worse than being ugly, and nothing screams "I'm pathetic" more than someone who can't lift their head up, smile, carry themselves with a little confidence, and show a little concern and compassion for others from time to time.

And if you just don't care about how you look, good for you. Go to work wearing old, rotting sweat pants and a stained T-shirt if you want, but don't expect others not to judge you for it (Not that you would ever whine or complain, because you don't care, remember?). More importantly, don't think that others should drop their values concerning appearance just because of you.

It's one thing to say it's wrong to judge based on skin color, but that doesn't mean it's okay to let yourself go. You can't "lose a little blackness" from your skin tone* and whiten up, but you can control your weight, given enough time. Hell, you can even change the way you dress and carry yourself in a matter of minutes.

These are things that usually reflect how much you care about yourself. That's why people judge each other by them.

* Yes, maybe Michael Jackson can, but you probably aren't Michael Jackson, are you?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 10:21:27 am by Ramsus »

Nicole_Flesher

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2006, 10:29:25 am »
You know this topic.....I don't like it. It's mean in some kind of way that I have not figured out yet. I think of it someday or later today.

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2006, 11:40:44 am »
If the fat is located on the right spots, if you know what I mean... (oYo)  :lee:

Matt Shadows

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • A7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2006, 11:54:25 am »
If the fat is located on the right spots, if you know what I mean... (oYo)  :lee:
Ya Nasty!  :wink:

Nicole_Flesher

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2006, 12:51:28 pm »
BAD BAD BAD BAD. AHHHHHHH NONONONO. OK!!! I guess you people are perverted. Well if thats what you like matt has boobies for you. hahaha

Matt Shadows

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • A7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2006, 12:53:03 pm »
BAD BAD BAD BAD. AHHHHHHH NONONONO. OK!!! I guess you people are perverted. Well if thats what you like matt has boobies for you. hahaha
Dammit Flesher!

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2006, 12:59:27 pm »
cupn00dles has the best signature I have ever seen!

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2006, 06:56:12 pm »
I've seen a better mock-up of "the headbutt" which had the battle screens from FFIX around it, w/Zidane's HP and stuff at the bottom...THAT was great...

Oh, and I'd just like to note that I totally made my last comment while I was sitting next to this hot, 'bigger' girl...Oh man, my mind's always in the gutter, I tell ya...

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2006, 07:50:43 pm »
Hey, you know what they say, more cushon for the pushin'

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2006, 10:40:54 pm »
Well...honestly in physical attraction, I prefer girls average or a tad on the thin size. Just personal preference, and there's nothing you can do about it. Call me prejudiced all you like, but that's the way I am.

Oh, and 5'8 and 120 lbs isn't all that skinny. A girl that I'm friends with is about that proportions and she's moderatly thin, and I'm 5'7 at 118 lbs and while I'm skinny it's not rail skinny.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2006, 11:40:55 pm »

Breasts are 80% glandular in the average case. I was suprised when I found that out, since I had always assumed that the inverse was true.

Nicole_Flesher

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2006, 12:54:46 am »
I have to say I like the (guy) to be taller then me. 5'5 And the guy has to be over me. I don't usually like them skinny really. A little bit bigger then me or just a tad bit smaller then me.
Cute, Funny, Makes me laugh alot, And well got to have a good bit in commen, Long black hair, Green eyes, Weres some what a bit of make up, Freaky looking, Sexy talker, Goth or punk, No hollister or abercrombie guy (usually). Lets just say it depends on my yearly mood.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 01:14:33 am by Nicole_Flesher »