Author Topic: Tell your idea about the signature and avatar of the member above you.  (Read 8131 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
ROMs? I love ROMs! *starts to sing "Get In My Car"*

Uhhh...Well...as for your stuffs...

avy = Creep Factor 8.9

sig = Much respect for using Temporal Flux

overall score = B

Daniel Krispin

V's are evil and sadistic. Backstabbing and, well, evil.

To follow his system.

Sig Score: B+

ClayAKAMe

Your sig. is a bunch of gibberish to me. And the star thingy.... don't know what it is

Matt Shadows

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • A7X
    • View Profile
I don't know what that stuff is either.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
You're still talking to yourself?

Matt Shadows

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • A7X
    • View Profile
Oh yes. I have fun with it too. Hey Matt. Hey Clay. Whatsup. Ketchup? No Whatsup.

but2002

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Death Omen.
    • View Profile
I seriously think tyhat stuff comes from either R.O.S.E Online, or TurfBattles

Matt Shadows

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • A7X
    • View Profile
Huh?

Daniel Krispin

I like the whole 'avenged sevenfold' idea. Revenged to completion...

Again I say, no. I painted that picture myself - I can show you the entire one. It's a soldier in semi-hoplite armour preparing to kill another soldier whom he is holding by the crest of his helmet - a semi-Homeric scene, actually, though the armour is anachronistic. Really, it all came purely out of my head - I've never even heard of ROSE - influenced by Homer. And for the Star... well, that's an old emblem I designed two years ago. I would say the inspiration for such an emblem would have begun with Tolkien's emblems, but it looks distinctly different. I had once intended it for an eastern group bearing this selfsame star symbol, but now I'm not too certain what I'll use it for.

but2002

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Death Omen.
    • View Profile
In R.O.S.E. Online A Muse is a Magician, and in TurfBattles Niphilim is a Race of Elves
                                                                                     ^ I know I got it spelled wrong.

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
So... now the prophet has a purple background

how purplish  :lee:

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
So... now the prophet has a purple background

how purplish  :lee:
your sig had been done before >.> many... many times.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
Being an Ignorant, I always thought that Nephilim is a biblical term. You know, Genesis 6:4.

Daniel Krispin

Nice line at the bottom. I like the way 'save' begins both segments, tying them together.

In R.O.S.E. Online A Muse is a Magician, and in TurfBattles Niphilim is a Race of Elves
                                                                                     ^ I know I got it spelled wrong.

Oh, okay. Yeah, I guess that might seem similar at first glance. But, no, nothing near the same. By 'Muse' I mean the true old sense: the Muse that is invoked at the beginning of epics (indeed, that's an epic beginning, asking the muse to sing of something); the Muse that dwells on mount Helikon. They are the divine inspiration of the ancient Greek aoidoi, the singers or bards of the epics.

And for Nephilim... well, it's nearer what Magus just said. A lot of people have used the term and, in my opinion, massacred it. Personally, I got it from Genesis. However, most people seem - for some strange reason - to make Nephilim half-angelic monsters. They focus on the first part of those verses. However, my own opinion on the matter is that 'Nephilim' is simply referring en masse to the heroes of the old world (especially Gilgamesh) who were more often than not half-divine. Anyway, my Nephilim - you see, I'm referencing my long story in my sig - are more realistic in that regard, bearing more resemblance to classical heroes than anything else. They are not monsters, they are not neccessarially evil, and they are certainly not a race of Elves.

The name itself is a little interesting. In Hebrew, as I've always heard, it means 'fallen ones.' However, a not too different sounding word in Greek would be Nephelidai. Okay, it looks similar to me. That means, essentially, 'children of the clouds.' The children of the clouds in Greek myth were the Centaurs. Anyway, Centaur myths are thought to have begun when the Greeks saw mounted soldiers, a practice not much in use in archaic Greece. As such, I have a very prominent group in my writing who are like the Scythians: warriors on horseback, nomads of the Black Sea. From this - okay, it's a bit of a complicated assocciation, I admit - I can connect both the Semitic idea of Nephilim, and the Greek idea of Centaurs. In the end, I use it as a general term, like in the way Homer uses 'hero' not for someone who does exceptional deeds, but for any free aristocratic male of the heroic age. Well, I - okay, I'm pulling a Tolkien here with my feigning the development of myth and all; I pretend that all this came through Greek sources - use the term in a very similar way, assuming it eventually took to have that sort of more general meaning. They're just the people of the world roughly around the time of the unification of Egypt under Narmer (who comes up in my writing.)

And my sig comes from all that. Can I ramble or what?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 01:15:26 am by Daniel Krispin »

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
Being an Ignorant, I always thought that Nephilim is a biblical term. You know, Genesis 6:4.
is your sig from the GITS:SAC 2nd gig song: Rise by origa?