Author Topic: Does Lavos communicate?  (Read 4481 times)

Deezer509

• Earthbound (+15)
  • I enjoy it.
    • View Profile
    • Iron Clad - become a fan
Does Lavos communicate?
« on: May 17, 2006, 09:45:09 pm »
So Lavos manipulates how the "world" evolves and such, but does he ever communicate directly?  Or do we solely assume his intentions based on his actions?  (I mean, Crono doesn't really let us know how he's feeling, but we can surmise that he wants to save the world...)

In a related question, did Lavos influence Queen Zeal somehow?  Lavos is one topic about Chrono Trigger that always confused the hell out of me, especially after the release of Chrono Cross.

Lazarus Plus

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: Does Lavos communicate?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 10:40:40 pm »
I don't believe that it can communicate in language, no. In terms of emotion, imagery, and dominating others mentally, I think it can, and easily.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 11:05:39 am »
When you approach the Lavos core for the first time, Lavos appears to be like, "humans? here? what?".

Also, when you beat him and move to the drill bit battle, he again seems to grunt and gets pissed as he transforms.

I always thought I knew exactly what it was thinking when my party arrived. A gut instinct.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 08:41:57 pm »
Maybe Lavos telepathically put those thoughts in your brain? :P

Deezer509

• Earthbound (+15)
  • I enjoy it.
    • View Profile
    • Iron Clad - become a fan
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 02:12:12 am »
Well the citizens of Zeal were always dreaming (or at least in Enhasa) and they all seemed like they were tripping on some radical drug.  This could be a crapload of reasons, but I feel like the Queen, have been so close to the Mammon Machine all the time, would eventually form some sort of bond with Lavos.  I dunno, I just thought maybe some of the shit that comes out of Queen Zeal's mouth could originate from that ugly ass urchin.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 04:43:05 am »
When you approach the Lavos core for the first time, Lavos appears to be like, "humans? here? what?".

Also, when you beat him and move to the drill bit battle, he again seems to grunt and gets pissed as he transforms.

I always thought I knew exactly what it was thinking when my party arrived. A gut instinct.
:lee:

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 03:17:06 pm »

heh

Well what was your expression as to the sounds Lavos was making...

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 08:51:46 pm »

heh

EDIT:
Alien subsonic screech?  Maybe it was telling host world he was going to accomplish.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 11:24:40 pm by ChronoMagus »

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 09:51:31 pm »

Alien subsonic screech?  Maybe it was telling host world.

heh

Well, maybe something to add to the atmosphere, and like, show its alive :roll:

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 10:49:02 pm »
Maybe he ran forward to fight you and he stubbed his genetically superior toe?

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2006, 12:14:12 am »
I like it.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2006, 02:08:25 pm »
Well, I'm sure Lavos as he landed had the I.Q. of a common insectual parasite. After so much DNA, you'd figure he'd be SOMEHOW smarter. Later on... Well.. It's been said that linking with the Flame links with Lavos... And Q.Zeal became a power-hungry murderous whore, so I'd say that he can communicate, with the Flame being the one that conveys the message in a way humans can understand.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2006, 11:30:00 pm »
He can communicate... but what was he saying... for all we know he could be saying, "I like potatoes!" or "Pink is a pretty color!" or
"Crono, why are you attacking me in a positively barbaric and primitive matter? I am positive we can compromise and resolve our differences without fighting! Why not settle it over a pot of tea, old chap?"
or
"DIE HUMAN BASTARDS!"
or he could have stubbed his genetically enhanced toe as stated earlier.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 05:56:57 am »
He can communicate... but what was he saying... for all we know he could be saying, "I like potatoes!" or "Pink is a pretty color!"
Yes, whenever an intelligent being encounters danger, these are the first things to pop out of their mouths.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 12:21:14 am »
He may not have realized they were dangerous... or Lavos has some extreme ADHD... I doubt the first three, but heck its Lavos.  He has issues regardless.