Author Topic: Why is the planet asleep?  (Read 8470 times)

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Re: Why is the planet asleep?
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2006, 04:00:05 pm »
The Universe is far older than 15 billion years.

Current estimates of the age of the universe range from 10 to 20 billion years, so that figure seems reasonable.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2006, 08:53:20 pm »
The Universe is far older than 15 billion years.

Everyone must also take in to affect that after the Big Bang, chaos was turned into order. Creation of spacious gases which give birth to stars and all that amazing stuff that I won't go into detail. Our Earth and rather other planets within solar systems and galaxies,didn't form in 7 days or anything like that. According to religion, there is a timeline to all that, but it's not true. Don't get into a religious debate here either, I know what's up with my religion and the cosmos. But anyways, within this "explosion", everything on the basis of everything in the universe came from this thing. The things that make up you and me and Lavos originated from the "bang". In a sense, we are ALL the same, hypothetically speaking.
You have no power to say that it's not true (on the religious part).

Also, If Lavos was created during the big bang (kinda like the pandora's box effect, like how some evil came out of it), travelling from one side of the universe to the other would still take like billions of years at lightspeed =.=

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2006, 05:30:29 am »
I think Magus just meant Lavos was created from Big Bang stuff, like the rest of us. Or something. Maybe the Frozen Flame is [this is coming from someone who knows nothing about Chrono Cross] a mini big bang like in Akira.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2006, 06:44:09 pm »
I think Magus just meant Lavos was created from Big Bang stuff, like the rest of us. Or something. Maybe the Frozen Flame is [this is coming from someone who knows nothing about Chrono Cross] a mini big bang like in Akira.

You hit it. Thanks BZ.

I recently bought Stephen Hawkings Universe for my senior project which contains a great deal of just about everything you need to know about cosmic alchemy to dark matter and energy and what the universe is composed of. Dark Matter itself is said to compose 99% of the universe due to new studies and research.

Since we can identify neutrinos throughout space and the billions passing between you and me at this very moment, is evidence that there was an enourmous explosion that took place . . . then we have the infinite creation of space at this very moment. The invisible and strong force of gravity from this unkown dark matter could be haulting the universes expanse which would lead to a "big frickin crunch", literally. There's much we need to take into account in space, a large percentage of the people on Earth don't know anything that is above their heads.

The Big Bang is what it is, Lavos is just a piece of fuzz creation from that and drifted off to become its own organism to begin its own processes and procedures of its life. Lavos type creatures could be found anywhere. Or, like the Earth has its organisms, space could have its organisms as well that do their thing.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2006, 05:05:20 am »
I recently bought Stephen Hawkings Universe for my senior project which contains a great deal of just about everything you need to know about cosmic alchemy to dark matter and energy and what the universe is composed of. Dark Matter itself is said to compose 99% of the universe due to new studies and research.
Nah, because a lot of the universe is composed of Dark Energy.

Maybe, just maybe, humans were created that way too. You know, like some random Adam floating through space and landing on Chrono Trigger Planet and creating the human race by taking over the planet, destroying the people, and using the resources. Or something.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2006, 12:26:18 pm »
Dude! That would be awesome! A bunch of little Lavoids in little human clothes and such are going around in their little 1999 AD utopia, and then a giant human bursts out from the ground and throws his toe nail clippings all over the planet, killing them all.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2006, 03:17:40 pm »
Nah, because a lot of the universe is composed of Dark Energy.

Dark Energy is its own unknown element in space. Dark Matter however is on the verge of a breakthrough. Don't look up your wikis this time BZ, they won't help you :P

This is fact from actual documentaries and books.

Maybe, just maybe, humans were created that way too. You know, like some random Adam floating through space and landing on Chrono Trigger Planet and creating the human race by taking over the planet, destroying the people, and using the resources. Or something.

That would just be insanely insane Peppor!

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2006, 06:03:03 pm »

Dark Energy is its own unknown element in space. Dark Matter however is on the verge of a breakthrough. Don't look up your wikis this time BZ, they won't help you :P

This is fact from actual documentaries and books.

Actually I got from several books and videos that Dark Energy is 72% of the Universe, and Dark Matter is like 20%... The rest is crappy normal matter.  You know, me, you, the computer, crappy normal matter duh.

As awesome as the Adam destroying world idea is, the Chrono Saga supports the concept of Evolution...  We see it in action mind you.

And Zaper: Traveling from one side of the universe to the otherside of the universe is impossible at light speed... we cannot catch up seeing as the universe inflates at a rate much faster than light travels.  (Man The Fabric of the Cosmos was good)

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2006, 02:01:24 pm »
Actually I got from several books and videos that Dark Energy is 72% of the Universe, and Dark Matter is like 20%... The rest is crappy normal matter.  You know, me, you, the computer, crappy normal matter duh.

As awesome as the Adam destroying world idea is, the Chrono Saga supports the concept of Evolution...  We see it in action mind you.

And Zaper: Traveling from one side of the universe to the otherside of the universe is impossible at light speed... we cannot catch up seeing as the universe inflates at a rate much faster than light travels.  (Man The Fabric of the Cosmos was good)

I am talking about the new finds and research that just came out. I have also read somewhere once that only 5% of our universe contains everything we can see with the naked eye, 20% of Dark Matter, and 75% Dark Energy. However, it's not entirely true. If you watch the new video I saw about Stephen Hawkings, then you'll know what I am taking about. There's no point arguing the fact that Dark Matter COULD be 99% of our universe. The fact of it all lies in space, since we don't know what to look for since these unknown elements are invisible.

Who in their right mind is going to call all of these scientists and Stephen Hawkings a bunch of liars when there evidence had been reived and looked over by professionals world-wide, having been a success?

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2006, 05:16:30 am »
By an Adam, I mean maybe a bacteria/parasite/little creature that is the start of evolution.
And what's wrong with my Wikis? :lee:

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2006, 06:24:43 pm »
Ok then it totally passes for me, actually it makes plenty of sense now...
And I have nothing against your wikis...

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2006, 05:02:51 am »
I meant Magus22. And yeah, it should make sense, but the entire idea is preposterous, as it just adds another totally crazy theory to Chrono Trigger, one that is totally unneeded.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2006, 11:02:12 am »
I got nothing on your wikis :lee:

But, the things they have in there about Dark Matter and Dark Energy and the compositions of the Universe really don't line up to todays facts pertaining to Dark Matter possibly being 99% of our universe.

I agree that something within the "big bang" drifted throughout space landing on planets and other mysterious bodies in space to begin evolution. I agree with you BZ all the way. Some tiny atom or bacteria or parasite was the start of all of this.

Does this mean WE the human race is a parasite on this planet? (that atom molecule drifted until it hit some rock body - creation of planet - life forms - evolution - and that whole process) We in fact could be the by product of another species wastes that they blew out into deep space which then ended up . . . being all of this . . . anything is possible!

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2006, 06:31:35 pm »
Its all perspective.  To Lavos it seemed like we were sheep and sheep rebelling against its sheperd seems absurd.  To us Lavos seemed like the parasite, and it should not dare to enter our planet like that.

Animals and nature may view us as the parasite, wasting away precious resources, but we see them as inferior beings that we have the right to control.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2006, 04:50:23 am »