Author Topic: Lucca  (Read 4268 times)

Lynx

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Lucca
« on: April 26, 2006, 04:18:11 am »
Does her hair color have any specail significance!?

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Re: Lucca
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 05:17:31 am »
Um...no
Haha, fire, pink. Fire, pink. Genius Akira Toriyama is. Genius.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 05:19:12 am by Burning Zeppelin »

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 06:08:34 pm »
Its a Japanese game... Since when has hair color been normal in a Japanese game?

ChibiBob

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 07:42:22 pm »
Um...no
Haha, fire, pink. Fire, pink. Genius Akira Toriyama is. Genius.

... I thought her hair was purple.

-headscratch.-

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 08:20:55 pm »

Looks pink to me. That was oddly difficult to dig up...Where the hell is the art in the Compendium?

Lynx

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 08:42:42 pm »
Its purple in the game...

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 08:50:16 pm »
It's like Crono's eye color, Crono's vest color, or Magus's fangs... it depends if you're looking at the sprites, the portraits, the artworks, the FMVs, CT, or CC, etc.

Orphen

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 09:00:59 pm »
Its a Japanese game... Since when has hair color been normal in a Japanese game?

Yeah.  Japanese games tend to be influenced by anime and manga, which can lead to all kinds of colors and designs.  I guess it can lead to the diffferences in appearances in sprites and offical art and the like.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 09:18:25 pm »
I'm gonna call that purple. Thank GOD we're finally getting to the important stuff.  8)

As for the significance of her hair color, you've got me. If there is any rhyme or reason to the hair colors and styles of Japanese cartoon characters, you might have to go seek your answer in Japan.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 03:34:41 am »
Sure. Purple/Pink hair entails great technological prowess, magical prowess, or both.

Blue hair, entails a great burden of some sort, and a great detiny. Or at least it does in every damn anime.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2006, 04:33:24 am »
Sure. Purple/Pink hair entails great technological prowess, magical prowess, or both.

Blue hair, entails a great burden of some sort, and a great detiny. Or at least it does in every damn anime.
#1 ...Um, right
#2 Dragon Ball Z?

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 03:42:09 pm »
Definately purple.

Since we're on this comparison rampage, on the front cover of my CC case, Serge and Kid have the same eye color but doesn't Sergeipoo have purplelish/brownish eyes. And in CT, Crono and Marle both have green eyes. Seems to me that the leading protagonists match their lovers eyes for some odd reason.

ooooo :shock:

ChibiBob

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2006, 05:13:28 pm »
Seems to me that the leading protagonists match their lovers eyes for some odd reason.

Huh, I've never noticed that before — I'd always thought Marle's eyes were blue. That'd be pretty awesome, indeed.

And Serge's eyes are almost obviously blue, if you watch the FMV when he first encounters the Dragon Tear.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2006, 05:40:57 pm »

#1 ...Um, right
#2 Dragon Ball Z?
Who in DBZ had blue hair?  Trunks? His was more of a grey...

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2006, 05:53:39 pm »
Seems to me that the leading protagonists match their lovers eyes for some odd reason.

Huh, I've never noticed that before — I'd always thought Marle's eyes were blue. That'd be pretty awesome, indeed.

And Serge's eyes are almost obviously blue, if you watch the FMV when he first encounters the Dragon Tear.
The CT cast are nearly all green-eyed. Crono, Marle, Lucca, Ayla are green-eyed. Even Robo has green "eyes". Magus and Frog are the only two who don't have green eyes, but Janus DID have green eyes while human Glenn's eye color is unknown.

Though, as I said, the colors sometimes change depending on the media. Crono sometimes has pale blue/green eyes instead of flash green, and he even has ocean blue eyes in CC.