Author Topic: Quote Digest  (Read 154273 times)

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Quote Digest
« Reply #135 on: October 25, 2006, 04:24:26 pm »
I'm going to win quote of the year! Not really :D

Quote from: My Video Teacher
I hate eating gooey eggs, it's like eating an abortion.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #136 on: October 26, 2006, 06:08:37 am »

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 26, 2006, 03:19:03 pm »
"Next time someone calls me a jedi they'll be lying in a pool of their own blood"
- Jedi Exile

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 26, 2006, 03:51:30 pm »
"Alright you primitave screwheads listen up... see this? This . . . is my BOOMSTICK!!"

-Ash

from Army of Darkness as he voiced his opinions toward the medieval townspeople

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 26, 2006, 04:32:46 pm »
Quote from: Mr. T
Only a fool tries to fool Mr. T!

~ Mr. T

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2006, 08:10:00 pm »
Quote from: The Wizard of Oz by Frank L. Baum
"Then, if you don't mind, I'll go with you," said the Lion, "for my life is simply unbearable without a bit of courage."

"You will be very welcome," answered Dorothy, "for you will help to keep away the other wild beasts. It seems to me they must be more cowardly than you are if they allow you to scare them so easily."

"They really are," said the Lion, "but that doesn't make me any braver, and as long as I know myself to be a coward I shall be unhappy."

ChibiBob

« Reply #141 on: October 30, 2006, 12:15:11 am »
Why DeJap is God:

"Mint's got that quiet elegance around her, but I bet Arche fucks like a tiger."
- Klarth, Tales of Phantasia

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 05, 2006, 10:34:54 pm »
CLINT EASTWOOD

"That's enough of that shit." - what Eastwood says after a take, instead of "Cut!"

"I like the libertarian view, which is to leave everyone alone. Even as a kid, I was annoyed by people who wanted to tell everyone how to live."

"I think I'm on a track of doing pictures nobody wants to do, that they're all afraid of. I guess it's the era we live in, where they're doing remakes of "The Dukes of Hazzard" (1979) and other old television shows. I must say, I'm not a negative person, but sometimes I wonder what kind of movies people are going to be making 10 years from now if they follow this trajectory. When I grew up there was such a variety of movies being made. You could go see Sergeant York (1941) or Sitting Pretty (1948) or Sullivan's Travels (1941), dozens of pictures, not to mention all the great B movies. Now, they're looking for whatever the last hit was. If it's The Incredibles (2004), they want 'The Double Incredibles.' My theory is they ought to corral writers into writers' buildings like they used to and start out with fresh material."

"Plastic surgery used to be a thing where older people would try to go into this dream world of being 28 years old again. But now, in Hollywood, even people at 28 are having work done. Society has made us believe you should look like an 18-year-old model all your life. But I figure I might as well just be what I am."

Asked if he has disappointed his conservative fans by directing Million Dollar Baby (2004): "Well, I got a big laugh out of that. These people are always bitching about 'Hollyweird', and then they start bitching about this film. Are they all so mad because The Passion of the Christ (2004) is only up for the makeup award and a couple of other minor things? Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left."

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 06, 2006, 05:05:34 am »

no no... quote of the year goes to my friend for this quote:

Power rangers is all american.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #144 on: November 06, 2006, 05:52:08 am »
“If I am thus fortuned to bear heaven’s hatred, let me at least have it in full measure. Let no wrath be spared, but my contentious spirit be renowned for its audacity, and at last die to no mortal spear, but let God’s own bolt foil my ambition, be my life’s end, and send a kindled spirit to Akheron’s crossing still afire.”

Uhh... is it bad to quote oneself?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #145 on: November 07, 2006, 09:31:10 pm »
Ah, that Mr. T quote made me think of this awesome one from when he was on Conan (he's always at his best on Conan, I think)...

Quote from: Mr. T
Sometimes the T doesn't even stand for things that rhyme with T, like knife.

Ah, good times...I wrote a poem about Mr. T for one of my English classes once...ah, it was grand...^_^

Solid_Choke

• Earthbound (+15)
  • The Autodidact
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 15, 2006, 02:26:33 am »
Quote from: Max Planck
A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.

Quote from: Thomas Paine
It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government.

Quote from: Ayn Rand
Let no man posture as an advocate of peace if he proposes or supports any social system that initiates the use of force against individual men, in any form.

Quote from: Thomas Jefferson
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Quote from: Dennis Prager
The foolishness of that comment is so deep I can only ascribe it to higher education. You HAVE to have gone to college to say something that stupid.

Quote from: King David
Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 15, 2006, 02:46:26 am »
I do no like green eggs and ham, for sam, I am.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 25, 2006, 01:48:54 am »
I like the stuff hidden in UT's .umx music files:

Organic:

"deal death in spades"

Razorback:

Enter the mutant traitor
Burning oh so bright
In this corrupted nature
I see no other light

- -

Addicted to radiation
Fueled by your pain
Aroused high by contamination
Soothed by acid rain

- -

Mother nature lied to me;
Betrayed on a killing spree
Mother nature expelled me;
What's the use now, that I'm free

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2006, 09:01:50 pm »
Wang Chung rules. Yeah, the band and the Chinese philosopher both. I checked out the latter from curiosity and lo and behold, he's one of those kickass people who look like they're woefully out of place in a superstitious world. Read about him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wang_Ch%27ung_%28philosopher%29

And some of his quotes are at http://www.humanistictexts.org/wangchung.htm

People say that spirits are the souls of dead men. That being the case, spirits should always appear naked, for surely it is not contended that clothes have souls as well as men.

The guy just plain kicks ass. Some people would try to explain why at this point or make a real compliment, but I'm going to keep it with "he kicks ass." He basically flipped a giant middle finger to all the superstition that reigned in his day. Bruce Lee probably liked this guy. Now, after you've read about him, listen to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOluR4Dp9nQ

Now, is that not the coolest thing ever? Imagine this guy who kicks ass in antiquity and how this totally happy song bears his namesake. That is cool.

It is on record that Wen Wang could drink a thousand bumpers of wine and Confucius a hundred gallons. From this we are to infer how great the virtue of these sages was, as it enabled them to master the wine. If at one sitting they could drink a thousand bumpers or a hundred gallons, they must have been drunkards, not sages.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 09:08:22 pm by ZeaLitY »