Poll

Did you lose anybody in the attack?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
12 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: September 11, 2005, 12:35:31 pm

Author Topic: Never Forget...  (Read 11859 times)

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
Re: Never Forget...
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2007, 06:16:21 pm »
No, Semites did.

And Grey, it was nineteen, not eleven.
sorry. 19 idiots.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2007, 07:05:48 pm »
This world is populated by cretins. Sadly, some of them vote. Worse, some of them get involved in the media. My college newspaper contains an article about how we've "forgotten" 9/11 and how come politics is all BS and why can't Republicans and Democrats become united and say the Pledge with pride and why can't America just do like Pearl Harbor and unite against the enemy and win quickly, etc.

I fucking trashed that paper. I could have put it back on the newsstand, but god forbid someone else read this naive child's ignorant rantings.

This commentary is to be expected on 9/11.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2007, 07:36:02 pm »

You haven't been to YTMND I presume?
I've been to it...I once thought it funny, before I realized just how much of it is hateful racism, homophobia, sexism, and the like. It's disgusting.

Eh, you have to have a tough skin to remain on that site.

And Zeality, just remember that as long as you keep that attitude, the terrorists will never win. :P

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2007, 12:18:40 am »
Six years, now. And on a Tuesday, too. I still remember large swaths of that day.

Since then, I am sad to say that Osama bin Laden has succeeded far more wildly than he had any right to hope for. As every intelligent terrorist knows, the secret to success is to turn the enemy's own power against them. And that is exactly what has happened. The American people live in constant fear of another attack; large swaths of the us are eager to give up whatever liberties it takes to achieve the illusion of safety; so many of us have forgotten the meaning of justice in our fervent support for torture and preemptive war; we have alienated ourselves from our allies; we have invaded a country and destroyed it--with no plan for reconstruction--leading to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people; we have squandered away our economic vitality; we have given Islamic terrorism a jolt of life that will last throughout the century; all the while failing to protect our ports and borders; failing to set an unmistakable standard of leadership that all the world could follow; failing to champion and achieve liberty in the country whose most sacred word is liberty. And, for all these wounds we have inflicted upon ourselves, upon our friends, and upon the defenseless, we have not even caught the man who attacked us six years ago today. He sits in a cave, impervious to all American might, making movies.

Is there anything good that has come of all this? Can anybody name a single thing that we have done right?

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2007, 12:25:22 am »
We took down an evil tyrant. Even though it had nothing to do about 9-11.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2007, 12:25:34 am »
With any luck, we've set a horrible precedent which all future generations will be mindful to never follow or emulate.

Well, you can think that, but then you remember red states...

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2007, 12:30:13 am »

You're right, of course. But this is the very essence of a "Pyrrhic victory." At this point it isn't even controversial anymore to point out that the Iraqi people were better off under Saddam.

Nevertheless, I asked for some good, and, sure enough, there it is. Heh. Got any "untarnished" good?

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2007, 02:01:24 am »

You're right, of course. But this is the very essence of a "Pyrrhic victory." At this point it isn't even controversial anymore to point out that the Iraqi people were better off under Saddam.

Nevertheless, I asked for some good, and, sure enough, there it is. Heh. Got any "untarnished" good?

Canada's economy relative to the US is way better. Our dollar is what now, 95c to the American? Before the war it was something like 64. That's a bonus. Oh, wait, that's only good for Canadians.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2007, 03:34:17 am »

Canada's economy relative to the US is way better. Our dollar is what now, 95c to the American? Before the war it was something like 64. That's a bonus. Oh, wait, that's only good for Canadians.

Yeah, it's in that range. Still not worth it to cash in that last twoney in my wallet though.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2007, 04:55:44 am »
Sadly, some of them vote.
Heh, at least only some. Here, ALL of them vote.

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2007, 09:51:31 am »

I believe the true tyrant is still alive. The true tyrant is Bush. And this video is what I think is really going through his head:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DRdAikxq3mw

Even though at the end if it, it says it has no political message.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 09:55:19 am by dan_death »

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2007, 09:53:17 pm »
Six years, now. And on a Tuesday, too. I still remember large swaths of that day.

Since then, I am sad to say that Osama bin Laden has succeeded far more wildly than he had any right to hope for. As every intelligent terrorist knows, the secret to success is to turn the enemy's own power against them. And that is exactly what has happened. The American people live in constant fear of another attack; large swaths of the us are eager to give up whatever liberties it takes to achieve the illusion of safety; so many of us have forgotten the meaning of justice in our fervent support for torture and preemptive war; we have alienated ourselves from our allies; we have invaded a country and destroyed it--with no plan for reconstruction--leading to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people; we have squandered away our economic vitality; we have given Islamic terrorism a jolt of life that will last throughout the century; all the while failing to protect our ports and borders; failing to set an unmistakable standard of leadership that all the world could follow; failing to champion and achieve liberty in the country whose most sacred word is liberty. And, for all these wounds we have inflicted upon ourselves, upon our friends, and upon the defenseless, we have not even caught the man who attacked us six years ago today. He sits in a cave, impervious to all American might, making movies.

Is there anything good that has come of all this? Can anybody name a single thing that we have done right?

Fear not for in the year 1787 some random old guys came up with a backup plan, known as the 2nd Amendment it may have been hindered but its still there to use in that magical moment of healthy anarchy.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2007, 11:41:53 pm »
Somehow I feel as though, if it were to come down to shooting at the government, we will have failed as a society! (Although that didn't pan out in the 1860s...)

But revolution might have its perks, I grant. I'd rather live in the great Liberal Utopia of Cascadia--California, Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia, all west of the Cascades and Sierras--than have to treat somebody from Pisswaffle, GA as a fellow citizen.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2007, 11:44:06 pm »
Well, locking the topic again. We'll have to bring this back up next year.

And remember: Never Forget.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 11, 2008, 03:54:44 pm »
Well, looks like September 11th has rolled on by again.

When I first created this thread in 2005, I had been a huge advocate of Bush. I hated to listen to people insult him and what not. But as I got older, I realized that most of them were right.

And 2009 marks the end of an era for us. For once, we will have a new president, but will they be able to tackle the problems left behind by Bush? Most likely. But will they bring with them their own problems? Most definitely.

And so now, I unlock this for you to pounce upon it like the savage barbarians you are, to express your views about a president we all know and loathe. [/sarcasm]