Author Topic: Nintendo Dual Screen  (Read 1222 times)

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Nintendo Dual Screen
« on: August 15, 2005, 06:12:14 pm »
Does anyone here own a DS?  I have one, and I must say, its quite the gaming system, IMO.

I have 4 games for it: Feel the Magic, Kirby's Canvas Curse, Polarium, Wario Ware.  KCC I think is a genius of a game, and really shows how to pull off a game wonderfully on the DS.

Also, if you have one, have you used its wireless multiplayer stuff yet?  (Not the WiFi connections which will debut with Mario Kart and Animal Crossing in a few months).  I mean like sitting 50 yards away from a person.  I've only used it one or two times, because not that many people around here seem to have one, but I think it's pretty neat.  It's hassle free and the games really do require 1 cartridge (unlike GBA claiming you only need 1).

It's weird that I onl know 3 other people with a DS, because its apparently selling really well in the US.

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Nintendo Dual Screen
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 07:03:57 pm »
I have a DS and Super Mario 64 DS.  It always was something of a fantasy of mine to play as Luigi in SM64; I've always been a huge Luigi fan.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Nintendo Dual Screen
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 07:04:40 pm »
Nope, I don't have one...I know about 3 people who have PSPs, but no one I know has a DS.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Nintendo Dual Screen
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 09:57:00 pm »
Luigi in Super Mario 64. Ahhh....true bliss. Pfft. All those rumors about a 121st Star my ass.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Nintendo Dual Screen
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 03:49:31 am »
I have a DS, had in since around the launch. I've got Mario 64, the Metroid Demo, Mr. Driller, Kirby's Canvas Curse and Bomberman at the moment. I absolutely love the thing, and yes, I've used the wireless, and even PictoChat. It's a lot of fun.

Quote from: AuraTwilight
Luigi in Super Mario 64. Ahhh....true bliss. Pfft. All those rumors about a 121st Star my ass.

In the DS version, there are 150.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Nintendo Dual Screen
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 12:21:36 pm »
I know that. I was referring to the rumors about getting some secret star that unlocks where Luigi is or something.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Nintendo Dual Screen
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 03:18:04 pm »
Quote from: SSJoseph
My personal favorite of Mario 64 the origanal was that there were 49 more secret stars making a total of 169 :P

Who now?

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Re: Nintendo Dual Screen
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2005, 07:30:13 am »
Quote from: DeweyisOverrated
Does anyone here own a DS?  I have one, and I must say, its quite the gaming system, IMO.

I have 4 games for it: Feel the Magic, Kirby's Canvas Curse, Polarium, Wario Ware.  KCC I think is a genius of a game, and really shows how to pull off a game wonderfully on the DS.

Also, if you have one, have you used its wireless multiplayer stuff yet?  (Not the WiFi connections which will debut with Mario Kart and Animal Crossing in a few months).  I mean like sitting 50 yards away from a person.  I've only used it one or two times, because not that many people around here seem to have one, but I think it's pretty neat.  It's hassle free and the games really do require 1 cartridge (unlike GBA claiming you only need 1).

It's weird that I onl know 3 other people with a DS, because its apparently selling really well in the US.

Im sorry i reawoken this topic but i just had to. In korea or japan its called "touch kirbys magic pencil" and in australia its called "touch kirbys magic paintbrush" childish yes, but screw you. There is also a dictionary for DS called touchdic ^_~

BlueThunder

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Nintendo Dual Screen
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2005, 11:49:01 am »
If I get good grades I will get a DS.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Nintendo Dual Screen
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2005, 01:34:33 pm »
Quote from: BlueThunder

Wow, I guess parents will do anything to make their kids succede in school.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Nintendo Dual Screen
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2005, 07:06:25 pm »
I just picked up Lost in Blue. I'll post more once I've played it.

CronoVolta

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Nintendo Dual Screen
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2005, 08:44:22 pm »
Quote from: SSJoseph
My personal favorite of Mario 64 the origanal was that there were 49 more secret stars making a total of 169 :P

WHAAAAAA???

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Nintendo Dual Screen
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2005, 09:48:19 pm »
I really wanna pick up Advance Wars DS or meteos for the multiplayer capabilities... but I don't know that many people I could play with.  Picking only one, I'd have to go with Meteos, because I jsut picked up battalion Wars, which is somewhat like AW anyway.  BTW, great game (BW) pick it up.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Nintendo Dual Screen
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2005, 12:35:56 am »
Quote from: nightmare975
Quote from: BlueThunder

Wow, I guess parents will do anything to make their kids succede in school.

Its true. Damn, PSP, DS, maybe even 360. (i havent gotten them yet, and i doubt i ever will :( )