Poll

Who is the most fiendishly diabolical villain?

Azala
4 (7.7%)
Dalton
7 (13.5%)
Lynx
10 (19.2%)
Ozzie
7 (13.5%)
Queen Zeal
19 (36.5%)
Home World's Porre General
5 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: July 30, 2005, 04:28:25 pm

Author Topic: Who is the most fiendishly diabolical villain?  (Read 10399 times)

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2005, 05:46:59 am »
I once read a pretty funny fanfiction parody (and, if you know me, I quite dislike most parody.) It was called 'gamesharked chrono cross' and, essentially, rather than waking up and going through the story, Serge wakes up and finds, much to his dismay, an entire company of heroes waiting for him. Seeing as he is at the beginning of the game, he has no clue what is going on. Then there are the problems. Lynx is on the verge of killing Pierre, and so on, with Serge very much confused. Anyway, it was a pretty funny story.

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2005, 10:37:00 pm »
Quote from: Legend of the Past
OMG, I laughed so hard what I read this...

But better yet..

~Lynx drowns Serge~

~Lynx takes off Mask and reaveals Belthasar~

Belthasar:  Ho-ho-hoh...

Since Lynx is FATE, which was programmed by Belthasar, that is oddly fitting.

GrayLensman

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2005, 11:29:41 pm »
I just noticed this:

Quote from: DeweyisOverrated
Quote from: GrayLensman
From what I understand, anyone could have destroyed the Time Devourer by fighting it in the Darkness Beyond Time.  Hypothetically, Belthasar could have used the Neo-Epoch to retrieve a few of the original time travelers, or trained some new heroes, and sent them to the DBT with a time-egg to defeat the Time Devourer and save the universe.

Not quite.  See, he needed to construct the whole plan so that Serge would die in one dimension, and live in the other.  This abnormality created the one "weak spot" on Opassa Beach, where Serge was able to use the Time Egg to cross into the DBT.  Belthasar couldn't have just given one of the original seven members a time egg and said "Go!".  And since the Time Egg requires the user to focus their own energy into it, he couldn't have given it to anyone but Serge on that one spot, since he was the one who died there.

Now, theoretically he probably could have created a scenario where say, Crono dies/lives in a certain spot instead.  But no point in talking about what he didn't do.

If that's true, how did Schala end up in the Darkness Beyond Time to fuse with Lavos in the first place?  Duplicating those conditions would be easier initiating Project Kid.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2005, 01:02:03 am »
So about this bot (the one that was supposed to be between Gray and Gray), is it Tray 522 again? And how come another bot who was banned can still be seen in posts?

GrayLensman

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2005, 01:27:56 am »
There were no bots in this thread.  I just double posted.  It doesn't count if they're over four months apart!

Mystik3eb

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2005, 06:03:55 am »
I note how many people named their boss because they were "insane" or whatever. Zeality was looking for "tad psychotic", not fully insane/brainwashed. Which Kefka truly was.

That's why I voted Ozzie. The only one that came close was Dalton, but he wasn't psychotic at all...just goofy and rather pathetic. Ozzie was kinda pathetic too, but his basis for being evil is entirely his personality, like Kefka. He's just evil. That's why Dalton was close.

And that's my reason for not picking the others. Mother Brain suffered major malfunctions. Queen Zeal was brain-washed. Azala wasn't evil, she was just anti-humans, and believed her race to be superior (and acted like it). Lynx was doing everything in the overall interest of humans, though it sure didn't seem like it.

And the Porre General? Bah. Who has ever lived who didn't want someone to suffer pain for one reason or another :wink:

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2005, 08:06:48 am »
Quote from: Mystik3eb
And the Porre General? Bah. Who has ever lived who didn't want someone to suffer pain for one reason or another :wink:

Pretty much every stereotypical female anime lead ever. =P

Japanese art is as bound to its archetypes (or stereotypes, as the case may be) as surely as we are to ours. 'Tis simply a matter of knowing what to look for.

I must say, my reason for this post is to give props to you, Mystik. You nailed Ozzie on the head. Such a fun villain! But not the most "fiendishly diabolical" in any sense beyond the melodramatic.

ker-plop

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/67903/
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2005, 04:45:54 pm »
Wait, wasn't that Porre officer from Another World...?

And I agree, FATE should have been up there, too.

Crono_Maniac

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2005, 08:14:16 pm »
NO ONE, takes Dalton seriously.

He should be the main villian in Chrono Break!  Read the Dalton Thread in the character section.  For my idea.  I mean, I'm writing a fan-game.

Dalton was clearly not pleased with Zeal.  He took the throne immediatly when it became empty.  He was selfish and cruel.  And just look at his taste in music!  Who wouldn't like the CT theme??

Dalton was a great character.  Picture this:  Dalton goes in hole to who-knows-where.  Who-knows-where = tesseract.  Dalton meets with Lavos, and with their combined power, channel energy through Schala's Pendant.  Escapes Tesseract. Lavos is weak.  Can't destroy Earth.  Build's doomesday/space station/Astro Dalton Imperial.  Dalton becomes amazing summoner.  Summons more than Golems.  Summoner you find in game = Dalton clone/daughter/son/dimensional counterpart.

There's Dalton's story...

Main Character Name: Tina
Homeland/time: Mainland El Nido of 2000 AD.
Weapon: Katana
Element: Ice/Water (no healing)
Story: Great Great Great (great great great...) granddaughter of Leena Serge (Kid seems more like the Lucca of the game to me, and Leena seemed like a much more likely canditate than Kid).  Miguel = Crono (I saw that theory somewhere, google it before you critisize it)

Secondary Character Name: Ian
Homeland/time: Ditto
Weapon: Electric Bow and Arrow
Element: Light (healing mainly)
Story: Tina's Friend

This breaks some of the gender steriostypes.  I've got a good custom battle system planned, somewhat of a cross between CT/CC/Megaman X: Command Mission.  And you travel through wormholes that take you through space (rather than time or dimensions).  Then at the end you go back in time to destroy Dalton/Lavos.

"To take a step foward is to take a step 820 years back in time."

That quote came from a game directly responssible for CT's making.  I hope someone recognizes it.

It's still in the planning stages, but it's quite interesting.  I might start a thread if it get's popular enough.

Done.

Dragoness

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2005, 12:10:45 am »
I have to say Zeal.

with Lynx next. :P

Crono_Maniac

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2005, 09:06:08 pm »
Thanks for the support.

Paradox

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2006, 01:51:19 am »
Im going to have to say Queen Zeal souly because, one way or another without jumping into the motives of Lavos or Queen Zeal herself, she fucked an entire planet alongside a massive parasite... more or less. Do not argue my decision! Im choosing her mostly because no other villian on that list seems too "diabolical"

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2006, 03:14:09 am »
You people are idiots! Obviously its the goldfish in a bowl, in Earthworm Jim!

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2006, 12:55:34 pm »
Its Ozzie... diabolical fool... remember all of the clever and useless traps he tried to set up... remember the diabolically evil ice cage!  Actually the true diabolically evil one is the cat who kills Ozzie... Man that is one evil cat!

cupn00dles

• Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2006, 12:38:40 pm »
Lynx absolutely

He wasn`t only controled by FATE

He WAS FATE :O