Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 339777 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #2190 on: January 05, 2010, 12:49:46 am »
Ah. Then my answer was not to the question you asked! Forgive me. Could you clarify your question?

Arakial

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: January 05, 2010, 01:04:44 am »
No problem.. My question was, simplified, do you foresee a future where carbonhydrocarbon-based fuels, a superset in relation to fossil fuels and green fuels, are not a necessity?

EDIT: edited for specificity.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 01:15:58 am by Arakial »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: January 05, 2010, 02:12:17 am »
No problem.. My question was, simplified, do you foresee a future where carbonhydrocarbon-based fuels, a superset in relation to fossil fuels and green fuels, are not a necessity?

EDIT: edited for specificity.

Yes, I certainly do. I think that, ultimately, our primary power sources will be solar radiation, nuclear fusion, and water flow. This is because the sun, the hydrogen atom, and the oceans represent the vastest and most replenishable of the accessible energy sources available to us. For practical purposes, these sources are inexhaustible. They're also environmentally benign, notwithstanding the footprints of plants, grids, and end-of-line applications. Also, it's not exactly relevant, but should be mentioned nonetheless, that advances in energy storage and distribution will greatly reduce our need for fossil fuels as well.

There are some applications today for which would be difficult (i.e., expensive) to develop a practical alternative to fossil fuels. Ultimately, however, I envision a day where no energy production or locomotion is reliant upon fossil fuels.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: January 05, 2010, 02:13:53 am »

You have a piano?  What kind?  I must know!! :evil:

You must play piano exceptionally well to recognize such unique chords.

Then again, I've been wrong about identifying people's talents through their posts before.

I forgot about this comment. To reply:

It's a Casio WK-1630.
The "chords" I mentioned are actually key signatures.
I'm far from being an expert pianist by any measure. My overall comprehension of music, however, is less pitiful.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #2194 on: January 05, 2010, 06:20:30 pm »
So I finally got to start some animation classes again today. First was Intro to Level Design, then a four hour break (five today), and then Motion Graphics. Still have two hours before that though.
Anyway, Level Design. Our first assignment is to write a 300 word paper about our favourite level from a video game, or one we think is the most innovative. Everyone complained that we had to write, but I think it's fun. I've got 955 words so far, and I'm not quite finished yet. I'll give you one guess as to what that level is. Perhaps I'll post it after I get it polished up and finished - it's due next Tuesday.
The only downside is that writing this paper has made me want to play Chrono Trigger again, but I still have to get through Twilight Princess first.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: January 05, 2010, 07:56:41 pm »
Obviously it was Lab 16.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: January 08, 2010, 12:18:37 pm »
I love newspapers. It's really hard to convey just how important they are to those who don't already understand it on a personal level. That part would more properly belong in the Frustration thread, but I'll leave it here as an underscore to my appreciation for the institution of investigative journalism.

If you ask me, everyone who wants to graduate with honors from school or university should have completed, among many other requirements, at least two years of work on the student paper.

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: January 08, 2010, 02:14:18 pm »
I love cake.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: January 08, 2010, 02:17:44 pm »
SHEEEEEIT!!!  At the ripe age of 21 weeks old, Sweet Beatrice Russell gave us our first egg this morning!!!!  Thing is tiiiiny!  I gotta run to work but I'll post pics later!! :D :D :D

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: January 08, 2010, 02:20:44 pm »
That'd be a good way to cheat on the ol' twelve-egg omelet.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #2200 on: January 08, 2010, 03:28:55 pm »
Speaking of the twelve egg omelet, do you know the name of the restaurant? I'd like to visit it sometime. Not for the gigantic omelet, I'd never be able to eat that, but to put Chrono pictures on the walls! (I love weird restaurants)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: January 08, 2010, 03:38:15 pm »
The twelve-egg omelet is a pretty old challenge, but I think this is the restaurant you're thinking of:

http://www.bethscafe.com

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #2202 on: January 08, 2010, 03:45:43 pm »
Yeah, that's the one. They give you paper and crayons while you're waiting for your food, and they put everyone's drawings on the wall. I don't know how long they stay up, though.
I'm half tempted to attempt that challenge, but I have trouble just with mom's two-egg omelets, though they are more cheese than egg.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: January 08, 2010, 04:56:34 pm »
Reminds me of an episode of Jackass where the goal was to eat 64 boiled eggs. People were throwing up after barely a dozen. They did the same thing with eggnog on another occasion, except it was the holidays and one of the people was dressed up as Santa. It was hilarious. He barfed so much it got into his beard and his pockets and his shoes. He'd take a swig, throw up, take another swig...

:picardno

I don't usually go for that kind of humor, just for the record!

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: January 08, 2010, 05:19:00 pm »
On one episode of Fear Factor they made the contestants eat balut.  It made me laugh, because everyone in the Philippines has eaten balut (including myself) and seeing people gag over something that to me is commonplace was hilarious.