Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484800 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #5925 on: June 04, 2011, 01:51:18 pm »
No power for three whole days. Water cut for one day. Finally it's back. Hopefully it remains.

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #5926 on: June 04, 2011, 02:21:26 pm »
I find it very saddening how gross people think bugs are, and how much better the world would be without them.
I don't think bugs shouldn't exist. I don't consider myself a bug hater xD I just don't want them climbing in my hands, it's not a good feeling. Cockroaches contaminate food and are pretty much a pest around here, not a good company. I think I have the right to dislike them.

No power for three whole days. Water cut for one day. Finally it's back. Hopefully it remains.

Sorry to hear that :/ Charge your cellphones and batteries and fill some buckets of water just in case it gets cut again. We get the water cut without warning very frequently here, and it really is annoying not being prepared for that.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5927 on: June 04, 2011, 04:42:53 pm »
I find it very saddening how gross people think bugs are, and how much better the world would be without them.
I don't think bugs shouldn't exist. I don't consider myself a bug hater xD I just don't want them climbing in my hands, it's not a good feeling. Cockroaches contaminate food and are pretty much a pest around here, not a good company. I think I have the right to dislike them. 
Actually, from what I've heard, that was a myth, and that cockroaches actually have slippery limbs where bacteria try to cling onto them but slip away the moment the host moves onto another surface. Well, I could be mistaken.

But I do know that I don't like insect poop all over my production stuff. o_O Have you felt how disgusting they are? Yuck!

Sorry to hear that :/ Charge your cellphones and batteries and fill some buckets of water just in case it gets cut again. We get the water cut without warning very frequently here, and it really is annoying not being prepared for that.
Heh, yeah! My dad is always on "Automatic mode" for some reason when he wakes in the morning, always finishing chores, making tea and plugging in all phones on charging. We even filled two buckets of water, but apparently those aren't enough. Still, no power means we sit in the heat, and most of our work remains pending throughout the day.  :(

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: June 05, 2011, 07:01:50 am »

That's a noble sentiment, and I appreciate the underlying opposition to xenophobia, but I think some discrimination is in order. Cockroaches are almost exclusively a pest upon humans. Their continued survival as a species is not threatened by their extermination in human areas, nor are they capable of being victimized the way higher animal life is. I have no reason to wish cockroaches off the face of the Earth, nor to promote their individual suffering, but I'd push the button to eradicate them from human communities were such a button around.

I suppose you might argue that their prevalence in our societies provides a worthwhile impetus for us to make advances in public health and sanitation, but, because they are not equal-opportunity offenders, their "impetus" primarily impacts the people who don't have the means to do anything about it.

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: June 05, 2011, 10:34:20 am »
I have no problem with bugs. They're cool things, I guess. It's when they're in my house that I don't like it. Mr. Gigantic Spider does not belong in my house. Ms. Scary Bee doesn't, either. If Mr. Gigantic Spider and Ms. Scary Bee decide to have a party out in the lawn, more power to them! And if they want to chill out on our deck, that's cool too. It's when they crawl on me that gets me.

This morning's frustration: I feel like I need to go out and do things, be ready for something, anything. Just... WHAT, I don't know... and it's driving me insane!

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5930 on: June 05, 2011, 11:30:26 am »

This morning's frustration: I feel like I need to go out and do things, be ready for something, anything. Just... WHAT, I don't know... and it's driving me insane!
Then BE insane! :D Wear jeans on your head, grab a belt and glue some bottles on em, carry a rambo squirt gun and run around screaming like Thor. IT'S SUPERLICIOUS!!!

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #5931 on: June 05, 2011, 01:18:03 pm »
Actually, from what I've heard, that was a myth, and that cockroaches actually have slippery limbs where bacteria try to cling onto them but slip away the moment the host moves onto another surface. Well, I could be mistaken.

I've never hear of that, I'll have to check it out. Still, I have small children at home who spend half of the time playing in the floor and putting everything they find to their mouths, so I prefer not to take the risk  :P

It's when they crawl on me that gets me.

This.  :lol:

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: June 05, 2011, 04:32:07 pm »
Yea I don't miss my roach wars.  Bugs...generally...don't bother me but roaches I hate.  Probably due to that one who said hello in my bed a few years back...

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: June 05, 2011, 07:17:09 pm »
Quite. I remember that time I was getting ready for school and as soon as I put on my shoes, I felt something inside it, so I remove the shoe... and cue cockroaches getting out of shoe... :cry:

So yeah... though in general, bugs don't mind me either.

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #5934 on: June 06, 2011, 03:15:11 am »
I made a list of the things I wanted to finish this weekend and I just realized I didn't finished anything. I need to be more disciplined with my time :picardno

At least, this weeekend I met with many friends I haven't seen in quite a while. There's been a lot of things in my head lately, I  haven't realized how much I missed them  :)

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5935 on: June 06, 2011, 05:46:47 am »
I warn this generation with the brutal murder of my patience: Never EVER waste good money on Animation institutes! Especially not if they offer a mere certificate. It's not worth it. You'll be paying an arm and leg just to get in, and what you gain in return will be equivalent of what you could have known with just a bit of research on your own. Not all of them, but most institutes offer basic software training rather than actual concepts and techniques of animation, and they don't even have proper equipment to deal with things. This is especially the case in India, and I can easily see why the country sucks in Visual Media business.

Regardless of your location, buying courses for animation is a waste of time and money, and the financial gains are only a fraction of what you spend. I could easily teach someone the basics at just a fraction of the cost and let them soak up the rest on their own (it seriously isn't that hard), but these days anybody with access to Blender, Flash, Audacity and a decent video editor can make a good short. Maya is a different topic, but once you know Blender and/or Lightwave, you will know Maya well too.

The second thing that annoys me is that most institutes think they know what they're doing but manage to fuck things up, ending in students paying for their blunders. I am yet to know when my final exam is. This is a joke. They're just fucking with me.

If you really want to invest in higher education in Media, go to Film Colleges. They're the best. Sure, the teachers might be douchebags, but you get better equipment, proper training, good grasp at concepts and a massive space to visualize your dreams.

Once again, think ten times before you spend on higher education, and ponder about the consequences of your choices. Research, it does you good.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: June 06, 2011, 07:29:45 pm »
Quote from: tushantin
Once again, think ten times before you spend on higher education, and ponder about the consequences of your choices. Research, it does you good.
Sound advice no matter where you're living in the world these days, it seems. Really sorry to hear how this worked out for you tushantin.

The research is easier said than done though. Economic conditions change in such a way that guidance counselors would have to be clairvoyant to advise outgoing students properly at the secondary education level. The average quality and results of particular institutions does sound like something a guidance counselor would be able to investigate ahead of time, however.

I think part of the problem with higher education the world over is that nobody's pressuring these institutions to connect students directly to the work force; they just kind of throw you into the water and it's sink-or-swim. Added to the fact that companies are looking for very specific niche skills and experiences - rather than molding workers with more general skillsets into their specific needs during training phases - the economic environment is becoming frighteningly poisonous and inefficient in many areas.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5937 on: June 07, 2011, 05:20:41 am »
The average quality and results of particular institutions does sound like something a guidance counselor would be able to investigate ahead of time, however.
There's a problem with that: guidance counselors in my area aren't interested in students, but potential employees. I.e., they wouldn't help with which best courses to apply for, but where a person can try for a job.  :?

Even if it's a bit of research it'll save you of a whole lot of trouble. Four years ago I was just a chap eager to learn and didn't bother looking up about this institute before joining. If I had known beforehand what their primary focus was I could have saved my money, taught all of it myself and focused on college instead. These guys hardly taught anything that did require their assistance, and the books they provided (which can easily be brought from library) were more useful to me than the teachers or what the institute offered.

And now when it's about my exam, they keep dilly dallying. They rescheduled it. Again! I called the headmistress up and scolded her coldly for it.

:picardno

I think part of the problem with higher education the world over is that nobody's pressuring these institutions to connect students directly to the work force; they just kind of throw you into the water and it's sink-or-swim. Added to the fact that companies are looking for very specific niche skills and experiences - rather than molding workers with more general skillsets into their specific needs during training phases - the economic environment is becoming frighteningly poisonous and inefficient in many areas.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: June 07, 2011, 06:38:49 am »
Someone I know gave herself a monroe piercing yesterday (here's what a monroe piercing looks like.  The girl in the picture isn't my friend btw).  She did it with a safety pin.

DIY piercings are dangerous enough, but a piercing that goes into your mouth?  With a SAFETY PIN?  That's so fucking stupid.  No matter how much you think you "sterilize" a safety pin, it is NOT safe to stab yourself through the mouth with anything.  You're not a professional.  You don't know what the hell you're doing.

Look, DIY ear piercings I can understand.  But not mouth ones.  That's incredibly dangerous, considering how much bacteria is in your mouth and considering how often you use it.

I have a piercing that goes in my mouth--right below my bottom lip--and I had to take a LOT of precautions and do a LOT of after care after I got the piercing in order to keep it from getting infected.  And I got it done at a professional and reputable place, with a sterilized needle.  Not a goddamn safety pin.

So I told her this, in a much less mean tone.  I told her she should take it out immediately to avoid infection, and that if she wanted a monroe, she should have gone to a piercing parlour.

And she responds by throwing a little temper tantrum on her blog.  Really?  I mean, really?  I gave you my honest (and intelligent) advice, and I gave you said advice so that you would take out the stupid piercing and not get injured.  But no.  She had to throw a hissy fit.

(( I also think monroes are really unattractive and look like shiny moles, but that's irrelevant. ))

So two frustrations in one.  1)  Self-piercing anywhere near the mouth is a stupid fucking idea.  2)  People getting pissy when you give them solid, reasonable advice.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 06:44:12 am by Sajainta »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5939 on: June 07, 2011, 07:05:05 am »
2)  People getting pissy when you give them solid, reasonable advice.
I hear ya.  :?

You've no idea how many folks find a good advice as a personal offense, as if we somehow hurt their ego with our honest concern.

As for piercing, that's... that's horrible! Setting the event aside, I still don't understand what's the point of piercing anyway. If fashion harms your body in any way it isn't really worth being called fashion (that's what I've heard anyway).