Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484788 times)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #1665 on: January 27, 2009, 12:47:18 am »
Happened once before, but the fact the Arkbird decided to rebel against it's programmed orders makes it the worse thing to ever happen to me in that game.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 01:46:51 am by Acacia Sgt »

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: January 27, 2009, 08:31:05 am »
Aside from the school schedule being messed up, that ice storm screwed us over. Not to mention that my class had a student teacher...

Current gripe is... um... I dunno. Oh, yeah! 6-10 inches of snow for Fitchburg tomorrow, topped off by a layer of mixed precipitation. Fun, eh?

idioticidioms

« Reply #1667 on: January 27, 2009, 09:48:14 am »
frustration #1: Was helping my friend clean up his boat yesterday and while moving the seats out of the thing, managed to rip my pants with the corner of the seat.

frustration #2: Location of the rip: my crotch. These pants have seen their last days.

frustration #3: winter. It was alright when it first started, but is quickly growing old with how I can wake up and feel like I'm in an icebox. Usually have two pairs of thermal underwear on, a sweater, two fleeces and a hoodie on and still be freezing. inside. Bonus is that all my soda feels like it just came fresh our of a really good refrigerator. downside of that is that drinking it just makes me colder.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: January 27, 2009, 11:40:12 am »
Ouch. I've had my share of ripped pants. Not cool at all.

Good thing: Got to Dracula in Castlevania: Order Of Ecclesia.

Gripe: I can't beat the fanged S.O.B.!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 11:42:37 am by Shadow D. Darkman »

idioticidioms

« Reply #1669 on: January 27, 2009, 11:47:34 am »
lol, I should walk around for a day or two with them on and see if anyone says anything. It bugs me only because of my short supply of jeans. I only had about 5 pairs, and it happened to be one of the better pairs I have. So now I have to deal with only 4 pairs of jeans until I can get another pay check

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: January 27, 2009, 04:47:28 pm »
My current gripe is a lack of Shepard's pie.

Aside from the chicken tenders, my favorite meal at school is Shepard's pie. I mean, what's not to love? It's potatoes, corn, and beef in an unholy union that warms one to the core! I got into line for the stuff and waited. Then a lunch lady came out, pointed to some kid in front of me, and said, "Everyone behind this guy needs to get out of line! There's no more!" Note that I had been psyching myself up for this moment since... 2nd period? Oh my god, just get through this final and you can eat nummy! Oh my god, just get through Journalism and you can eat nummy!

So after that, I get into line for a chicken patty, tears in my eyes. Yes, I was so devastated that I cried. They then say that there are no more chicken patties. All they have left are buffalo chicken patties (they're really REALLY spicy) and a single burger. So I get a buffalo chicken patty and plop down at a table.

I guess I should change my gripe to an inability to feed everyone in our school... they never run out of Stromboli or chicken tenders...

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: January 27, 2009, 04:59:22 pm »
Current gripes: Nothing to do but run around here, and no motivation to continue CTDS at the moment. I'm in Guardia Prison and I just broke out and pwned the guards. That's it so far.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: January 27, 2009, 05:47:13 pm »
Committee meetings.

Really, why should it be necessary to spend 15 minutes debating if the committee will only review those documents submitted, as opposed to reviewing those documents and the documents that have not been submitted?

Time travel aside, it seems like it shouldn't be that hard to decide to ignore stuff that doesn't exist.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: January 27, 2009, 05:52:04 pm »
We've been having many a town forum on the issue of Unitil. There's one tonight, but I'm not going. Essentially, our town forum consists of city representatives sitting on a stage as people come up and tell their stories. From what I remember of the one I went to last Wednesday, people came up and essentially said that even though they needed electricity to live (literally), they didn't get power for days. They lost heat and they tried to tell Unitil to take care of the trees, but they didn't. Unitil replied that none of the other companies removed branches over wires before the storm. That's complete shit. National Grid, electric/gas suppliers of Leominster and other cities/towns, took care of trees.

They didn't even go into the issue with Townsend, another town supplied by Unitil. Townsend works off of septic systems, which need electricity to function.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: January 27, 2009, 07:00:40 pm »
I just found out that the Lingerie Bowl has been discontinued...

Needless to say I am...less than happy about it.

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: January 27, 2009, 07:31:43 pm »
Saran Wrap is the most diabolical of all man's creations.  That is all...

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: January 27, 2009, 07:33:54 pm »
I thought that was Jack Thompson. After all, man is the reason why Christianity was formed, and that gave Jack something to base his bullshit off of.

FouCapitan

• View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: January 27, 2009, 07:37:37 pm »
I thought that was Jack Thompson. After all, man is the reason why Christianity was formed, and that gave Jack something to base his bullshit off of.
The reason Jack Thompson pales in comparison to the evils of Saran Wrap, is that the evils of Jack Thompson won't equate to a hill of beans in effect to my life, while Saran Wrap will taunt and torment my soul every time I need to keep a plate of food fresh...  Every damn time....

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: January 27, 2009, 07:38:14 pm »
Explain, please.

FouCapitan

• View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: January 27, 2009, 07:41:40 pm »
Explain, please.
It sticks to itself...  What's more to explain?  The recipe for disaster is set, and the trigger to unleash the hellfury need be nothing more than a light breeze, or the slight pull of gravity at the wrong moment.  Then you suddenly find yourself fighting against the very nature of the wrap in order to return it to its original state instead of the clusterfuck of confusion in order to preform the simple act of wrapping it around something...

...It's evil, trust me.